• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

WCQF Game Three GDT : Predators 3 at Red Wings 2

Rate this topic

seen a lot of posts here post game. We did score 2 goals in this game not 1 so not sure why people keep saying that.

I think it's becuase people feel that Datsyuk goal was a lucky 'bounce'. It wasn't scored in the sense that the team got it done. The pred screwed up, Datsyuk caused it, Rinne wasn't paying attention, and we scored it. The 2nd goal was the result of team effort.

Just offering a view.

Had we won, it would be viewed different of course, but becuase we lost, I think that's how people are viewing it.

I think it's becuase people feel that Datsyuk goal was a lucky 'bounce'. It wasn't scored in the sense that the team got it done. The pred screwed up, Datsyuk caused it, Rinne wasn't paying attention, and we scored it. The 2nd goal was the result of team effort.

Just offering a view.

Had we won, it would be viewed different of course, but becuase we lost, I think that's how people are viewing it.

I think it's more that Z's goal game near the end of the game, when it was effectively over, and served as a tease more than anything else.

I think it's more that Z's goal game near the end of the game, when it was effectively over, and served as a tease more than anything else.

Yeah it was definitely a tease. I had no confidence we'd come back after they went up by 2 late. No way. We spent over a period trying to get 1 and couldn't. Anything can happen, I know that, but the way the preds get in the lanes, and beat us to pucks, win the battles, etc, I have just gotten very discouraged. This has gone on all 3 games. We just finished one more time than they did in game 2, and were very lucky the puck jumped their stick blades a few times early in that 2nd period in game 2, otherwise we would be down 3 games now.

In my view, game 4 is must win. Let's see what kind of effort the wings come out with.

Maybe as wings fans it's just that the other teams have caught up in overall ability (whetehr it's skill, or speed and size, etc) and it's hard for us to swallow that one...becuase for many years it's been all about the red wings. They've been better than their opponents for years and it's been all about them controlling their destiny. Not that way anymore maybe.

People are crazy on here! The only thing wrong with are game tonight was the start that's it. Other than that how can anyone complain? The puck like never came out of Nashville's zone the second half of the game. Bring that effort for 60 mins and nobody can touch this team. On another note loving the flyers kick the sh*t out of Cindy and the penguins

Guest irishock

People are crazy on here! The only thing wrong with are game tonight was the start that's it.

That is the problem.

The Wings NEED to play 60 minutes of playoff hockey. Instead they are so inconsistent they either stink it up for the final 30 minutes or the first 30 minutes.

You know, I think this team's Jekyll-Hyde complex largely comes down to our puck-possession game. When we're able to establish it and more or less keep it up and running, we're good. But if it gets disrupted and we're forced to play something else, or, worst case scenario, the other team starts puck-possessing (which is sort of what happened here in this wretched first period), we're lost out there. Because we're not especially young, fast, big, physical, etc. Just very skilled. With the puck. When we have it.

+

Guest Crymson

This one could have gone either way. Believe it or not, but a team losing a game doesn't mean that it played horribly or was dominated. This, like the first two, was a very close affair.

That is the problem.

The Wings NEED to play 60 minutes of playoff hockey. Instead they are so inconsistent they either stink it up for the final 30 minutes or the first 30 minutes.

You could say the exact same thing about the Predators, so I don't get your point.

Looking at a lot of the criticisms in threads like these, one might think that the other team played a perfect game.

People are crazy on here! The only thing wrong with are game tonight was the start that's it. Other than that how can anyone complain? The puck like never came out of Nashville's zone the second half of the game. Bring that effort for 60 mins and nobody can touch this team. On another note loving the flyers kick the sh*t out of Cindy and the penguins

There was a whole lot to complain about. Generally, we sucked - even, yes, when we were putting the pressure on. Because it was predominantly sloppy, half-assed pressure (see, e.g., the 90+ pucks Rinne coughed up right in front of him which should have made for 90 glorious second attempts but instead went sailing straight between the hash marks and were ultimately scooped up by a Pred). I could go on, but I don't think it's worth it.

Nashville is simply better than us. They've been better in every single game, and they CLEARLY want it more. Disheartening to watch, for sure.

I don't think they've been better than us in every game. We were better than them in the first two games and FINALLY started waking up in the third in this game. Too little too late. :(

I hope it's sarcasm,

Hey. That could easily his middle name.

Edited by Vladifan

Just got back from the game.

Was so upset Franzen's goal got called back and I knew it'd bite us in the ass but whatever. Can't be too upset. Wings carried the play most of tonight aside from the first period where they were extremely sloppy and couldn't get anything going. Also, I don't get the hate and blame on Howie. Third goal he should have definitely had but he's been solid so far this series. Can't put it on him and Rinne is NOT as good as the 43 shots or so makes him look. That's what I see anyway.

Still going with my prediction of Wings winning in 6. I got no worries.

There was a whole lot to complain about. Generally, we sucked - even, yes, when we were putting the pressure on. Because it was predominantly sloppy, half-assed pressure (see, e.g., the 90+ pucks Rinne coughed up right in front of him which should have made for 90 glorious second attempts but instead went sailing straight between the hash marks and were ultimately scooped up by a Pred). I could go on, but I don't think it's worth it.

I don't agree. If we play like we did the last half of the game for an entire game were gonna score goals. We had open nets, point blank chances, etc. Can't fault them for the effort they had the preds pinned in there end for half a game. I don't even think they had to clean off the wings end after the game cause nobody skated there. It's outrageous to ask for more other than a better start (which is very important). Defence is good, PK really good, PP is coming (i believe anyways), and were creating chances (once you aren't creating them then your in trouble). I still believe, the skills there, everyone is engaged just need the same play as the second half of the game.

This one could have gone either way. Believe it or not, but a team losing a game doesn't mean that it played horribly or was dominated. This, like the first two, was a very close affair.

You could say the exact same thing about the Predators, so I don't get your point.

Looking at a lot of the criticisms in threads like these, one might think that the other team played a perfect game.

Absolutely agree with all of this. Not sure why it's easier to complain but you'll never find me baited into that stuff the maniacs on this site attempt. If they play the same way next game I think we can get it done and subsequently win this series still. People have to realize Rinne has not been some God in net. We missed 3 very good chances that could have easily had everyone on here going bat s*** crazy about being up 2-1. That's the breaks, brush it off and get them on Tuesday.

Was so upset Franzen's goal got called back and I knew it'd bite us in the ass but whatever. Can't be too upset. Wings carried the play most of tonight aside from the first period where they were extremely sloppy and couldn't get anything going. Also, I don't get the hate and blame on Howie. Third goal he should have definitely had but he's been solid so far this series. Can't put it on him and Rinne is NOT as good as the 43 shots or so makes him look. That's what I see anyway.

someone who still has faith in the wings. good to see

Crowd was electric, playoff games at the Joe are the best. The result was disappointing -- another game the Red Wings control the play for large stretches and don't get a win.

My biggest concern going into the playoffs was the offense after Pav and Z. The streaky/inconsistent play of the top-six worried me and so far these three games have confirmed that fear. Datsyuk and Zetterberg are carrying the team entirely up front (which is fine and expected), but they are getting minimal support. I will say Franzen is playing harder (though how couldn't he?) though I'm still frustrated with his inability to use his size and drive the net. He got a fluke goal off his skate and hasn't done much of anything else besides take retalitory penalties. Filppula needs to shoot the puck -- he's way too tentative still and blows the scoring chances he creates with his skill by passing the puck or staying to the outside. Hudler loses every puck battle because of his size. I think Babcock needs to load up and put Pavel and Z together at least for Game 4 at home. Get them away from Weber/Suter with last change and see if they can take over.

I hate the officiating in this series so much. It is obvious their agenda is to call it tight with plenty of penalties and that does not favor the Red Wings at all. They have dominated Nashville at even strength for a substantial majority through three games. However, again today the Red Wings could never get into a flow because the refs put them short-handed for a large portion of the first 30 minutes. I wish they would just ease up and let the players control the outcome. Call the blatant penalties, but the Red Wings being short-handed six times every game is just excessive for a disciplined team.

The waved-off goal at the end of the second probably was the difference. Pretty confident the Wings prevail if it is 2-2 instead going into the third. Well, Tuesday is now the season at stake. I still feel like the Red Wings can very much win this series. I hope the offense can somehow breakout in Game 4. Rinne is excellent, but can be beaten if a few bounces around the net go in Detroit's favor or they can cash in on some of the open nets that they missed today. Rinne does flop around quite a bit after the initial shot. Get some more traffic to the net and score some ugly goals. He's going to stop the first shot almost every time.

Edited by GoWings1905

We still only seem to have 1/2 of our offense giving a damn game in game out. Out of our top 6, the only ones consistently working every shift of every game is Dats, Z, and Fil. The rest float around until they can grab an easy goal that got set in their lap. None of the other 3 in the top 6 creates opportunities, they just benefit from the hard work of the other 3. It's really frustrating to watch.

The other problem I see in every game is that our powerplay lines are messed up. STOP PUTTING HOLMSTROM ON THE DAMN ICE FOR POWERPLAYS. He's not the player he used to be, and another player would be FAR more effective.

Edited by Lonewuhf

I don't know why the wings keep waiting for the centering pass? It's not going to be there. The preds are taking the middle of the ice away. Take the puck, put your head down, and drive into the net. WTF man?

And maybe get a call!

Oh, wait....Never mind. :cool:

I don't agree. If we play like we did the last half of the game for an entire game were gonna score goals. We had open nets, point blank chances, etc. Can't fault them for the effort they had the preds pinned in there end for half a game. I don't even think they had to clean off the wings end after the game cause nobody skated there. It's outrageous to ask for more other than a better start (which is very important). Defence is good, PK really good, PP is coming (i believe anyways), and were creating chances (once you aren't creating them then your in trouble). I still believe, the skills there, everyone is engaged just need the same play as the second half of the game.

Don't get me wrong, I agree that a stronger start would've helped the cause tremendously. But I totally disagree with this "We were bad in the 1st but pretty close to perfect in the 2nd and 3rd." At no point in this game did we look like a team that really had its s*** together and was really having its way with the opposition. Our work in the o-zone was, I thought, especially bad. Yes, we clocked good time there - but rarely did we look especially dangerous, or dominant, or cut-throat. A lot of passing, sure. A lot of shots, sure. But very little in the way of crashing the net, and when we did manage to get something going in Rinne's house, we had all of one man there to follow through and try to make good on it.

Just so much sloppiness, and an altogether half-hearted effort - which goes beyond them not showing up in the first period. Victory in the playoffs is won in the details, the little things, the minor battles, etc. The Wings were not good in that regard. Another example: the physical contests. The Preds were dumping us left and right, in all four corners. They took it to us, and it wore us down. Now, granted, we did manage to push back a bit - but, on the whole, I thought the Preds owned that component of the game. They were generally tenacious, aggressive, quick to pucks, in-your-face. They had lively legs, jump in their step. Again, it's the little things (which, together, add up to The Big Thing, i.e. a Win or a Loss).

Edited by Dabura

Hope you enjoyed the game. Glow stick display looked amazing. I agree with the wings still winning series but it might take game 7. We WILL wear Rinne down!!!cool.gif