• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

WCQF Game Three GDT : Predators 3 at Red Wings 2

Rate this topic

From what I have witnessed this year in the playoffs, I have pretty much decided to stop watching the NHL. Horribly dirty play, terrible officiating, dirtbag players, guys diving all over the ice the list goes on.

NCAA blows this league away and to be honest I caught a few Colorado Eagles games and the ECHL has much more to offer than the NHL.

I have never been more disappointed in this league in the 30 years I have been watching. Its sad to see what this sport has become.

I didnt hold much hope for the Wings in the series, so that is not it. Something is missing from this game and this league will disappear into oblivion, as it should. Compare this to the product the NFL puts out and its not even close.

Great post. I would have loved to see Babcock get out there on the soapbox and whale away at the officiating in this series - to the point where he would have been fined. I'd love to see what it also would have done for the Wings' players. Kind of like in basketball, ya know?

Howard playing atrocious. All series. The guy will make one or two cool looking saves and then terribad rebound the others or just whiff on a one on one.

:blink:

What did the 3rd goal have to do with Howard? Stuart turned the puck over and lost the battle and he faced a point blank one-timer from the hash marks. Hows that his fault?

+

Case and point, look at the pens gooning it up after every goal here. WTF is going on?

They.are.losers. I just hope that happens on the ice, too. I'd love to do my queen's wave to them with a finger thrown up.

That was a depressing game.... I think nyquist should start on pavs line again next game, when they switched him and bert I thought they had more time in the opposing end after that, and pavs looked better.. We better start winning.

Edited by brennan17

Anyone got a picture of the light show before the game?

No picture, however I can attest the glow sticks looked sweet before the game started. They really served no purpose after that point, but the pre-game festivities were really well put together as usual by the Red Wings.

The crowd was buzzing the entire time. I don't know if more younger people are going to games the past two years or so, but the atmosphere at the Joe is noticeably louder and more engaged in my experience.

Edited by GoWings1905

That is the problem.

The Wings NEED to play 60 minutes of playoff hockey. Instead they are so inconsistent they either stink it up for the final 30 minutes or the first 30 minutes.

I agree.

So far, neither team has played a full 60 minutes of hockey. Look at game 2 and 3 for instance.

Game 2:

Detroit played really well the first 30 minutes, and then slacked 30 minutes

Nashville comes back in the 2nd half and makes it a game.

Game 3:

Nashville plays solid for 30 minutes and then slacks.

Detroit plays solid the 2nd half of the game but can't complete the comeback.

I am probably asking the same questions that Barry and Mike are asking of their teams.

When is my team going to come out and play a full 60 minute game?

This series is going the distance, with the winning team wanting it more. So far, Nashville has wanted it more than Detroit through 3.

Protip: Learn to finish

the only player that has a knack for hitting the back of the net is Datsyuk, everyone else needs to work with Kostitsyn in the off season.

I missed today's game, but the Wings organization in the past year has started to remind me of the Wings back when I started following them. Back then, every year they would trot out Howe, Delvecchio, Marcel Pronovost, and a team full of Larry Jeffery's and Billy MacNeil's - average, journeymen players. And they competed in the playoffs, but were never good enough to go very far. That's what we have now - Zetterberg, Datsyuk, Lidstrom, and a bunch of nobodies, or once-were's. We may progress, but it won't be because of skill, it will be because of luck, or playing harder than the opponent - and I haven't seen that for a loooonnngg time.

Who knew what we really meant is he'd start taking stupid penalties.

Yup, exactly. If Mule would channel his anger into driving the net and using his size instead of retaliating all of the time, it would help the Red Wings cause greatly. I said previously that Mule has had more jump than the regular season (he isn't a statue), but he still isn't doing enough of the things consistently that made him successful in the playoffs before.

Against Rinne, flicking a wrist shot from near the face-off dot isn't going to work ever. If the Red Wings want to win this series, they need ugly goals off rebounds and having a presence directly in front of Rinne. 43 SOG is fine and all, but volume alone isn't going to beat Rinne.

How brutal has Val Filipula been this series? Today was easily his worst game of the year. Pick your s*** up boys I'm looking at you to Hudler. Well Hudler won't be a Red Wing anymore after this year. so that helps I guess

Filppula's fall from grace has been the most surprising of all of this. The problem isn't with Filppula, though. It is with the fact the team cannot generate anything overall. Filppula cannot be called on to carry the team despite his amazing season.

Filppula's fall from grace has been the most surprising of all of this. The problem isn't with Filppula, though. It is with the fact the team cannot generate anything overall. Filppula cannot be called on to carry the team despite his amazing season.

lack or production aside, he's just seemed uncharacteristically easy to knock off the puck. That's not how he's been this year.

lack or production aside, he's just seemed uncharacteristically easy to knock off the puck. That's not how he's been this year.

Does anyone really seem their normal selves this series?

I honestly feel like the Wings are stuck in a haze for some reason and just cannot bring themselves to bring a competitive team to the table for a full 60 minutes. It is incredibly frustrating, and the worst part of it is I don't even know if Holland will make the necessary changes over the offseason. Even if the Wings make it past this round, it is clear things need to change.

I honestly feel like the Wings are stuck in a haze for some reason and just cannot bring themselves to bring a competitive team to the table for a full 60 minutes. It is incredibly frustrating, and the worst part of it is I don't even know if Holland will make the necessary changes over the offseason. Even if the Wings make it past this round, it is clear things need to change.

I'm just afraid Babcock will be the casualty before any of the big changes they need to make.

Yeah I think a lot more needs to be done than just letting Hudler go and Holmstrom retire, and promoting Nyquist. Things really need to get shaken up, as in a big name getting dealt to let the rest know that we're not gonna settle for making the playoffs and choking in the 1st/2nd round every year. I'm not calling for a fire sale, but changes need to be made.

I'm just afraid Babcock will be the casualty before any of the big changes they need to make.

If he is let go I will lose complete faith in Holland.

There are no real options available and Babcock, while partial to certain players at times, is a damn fine coach.