• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

WCQF Game Three GDT : Predators 3 at Red Wings 2

Rate this topic

Zetterberg and Datsyuk are the only reason we're not down 3-0 in the series, so I think they are safe. If Franzen was dealt in the off-season, that'd be great. Shake things up, we need to hungrier. The Wings don't have many guys who compete for 60 minutes. Dano's been the most physical guy for us in the series and he's on one ******* leg, that's inexcusable. I also don't think Babs is the problem, after the way he reacted after Berts fight in Game 2 I know he could really get more out of a team that competes harder and is harder to play against.

I think Babs basically doesn't like the way the team has been put together himself. The reason i say that is when asked after the Weber incident he would just say we don't have those type of players to do anything about it. I feel like if it really didn't bother him he would have worded the situation differently. One thing about Babs I hate yet have learned is that he never comes out and just speaks his damn mind, he never calls out refs, or other teams etc etc etc, but he always will phrase something in order to get a certain point across.

I was at the game, the atmosphere before hand was amazing, the intro seriously was just inspiring, I'll try to upload it if I get a chance. The Wings played a terrible 1st and half of 2nd, although Datsyuk looks like he is finally waking up. Z is getting brutalized but playing amazing hockey, I really think Ericsson has looked good since he's been back, and Cleary has been a different player since the playoffs started. But it's obvious by watching this series and other series around the league we have absolutely NO physicality. If some s*** went down like in the Pitt/Pen, Blues/SJ, or NY/OTT we will physically be destroyed. I'm so sick and tired of watching Datsyuk/Howard/Z having to defend themselves, then seeing Carnker going out there and busting someones face up for some s*** that happened last game (imagine if that was Weber he did that too! :)).

Also Flip has to be the biggest disappointment this playoffs, he can't control the puck for s***, and I guess maybe I'd thought he'd even improve more. Plus hate to say it but Lids really hasn't been Odin since coming back from injury as well.

Lastly, it is pretty obvious Shanny has no ******* clue what he is doing, suspends players for high elbows when the play is right next to them (which is still dirty and yes worthy of a suspension). But then to let Carkner get 1 game for a complete beating, and Weber for an obvious intended headshot not related to hockey is a ******* joke. I'm sure Asham may get 1 game too, and Neal won't get s*** because nobody was injured. Seriously Shanny (one of my fav. players) you either sold the f*** out or are completely over matched, I wouldn't care if they called it play off hockey but how about some ******* consistency.

OH and someone was receiving CPR behind the Preds net, wtf was going on over there??

I agree with most of your posts however Cleary has been fantastic this series and I saw live today that he is flying out there providing energy and a good forecheck. He stays where he is.

Datsyuk-Hank-Homer

Franzen-Fil-Hudler

Cleary-Abs-Bert

Miller-Emmerton-Nyqyust

I wouldn't say Cleary has been fantastic but he has been working his ass off it shows. Definitely a step up from the regular season. Emmerton too has really impressed me so far. It's like they got together and decided to say "SCREW YOU LGW".

Also I would change Bertuzzi and Franzen but other than that it looks good.

Edited by CrimsonFlame

I didnt see much of the game unfortunately had to work. However what I did see was not all that great, Dats, Z and despite some opinions Flip looked great to me. So as line combo's keep coming up Id throw....

Zetterberg-Datysuk-Bertuzzi

Nyquist-Filppula-Franzen

Miller-Abdelkader-Sheahan

Tatar-Emmerton-Hudler

..........Just not diggin' the Cleary and Holmer right now, we need to add some goal scoring depth through all four lines asap and I cant see doing this without calling up some guys and going a more balls out dont give a f@ck Im going for it approach.

Edited by 13dangledangle

We outplayed them today and game 1 but were lucky to not be down 3-0? Lol dramatic

Actually it's true. Game 1 the Wings had exactly 5 shots on goal in the 1st period and they sucked for the first half of this game. If you don't play the full 60 minutes then you are going to lose.

would like to discuss weber's pp goal.

when datsyuk's stick broke would it not have been a much better option to either change the player or go to the bench and get a new stick?

he was right at the bench anyway.

i've always wondered why just stand around with no stick? i also know that in the history of the league i cannot remember a player killing a penalty with no stick to go off and change and make it a 5 on 3.

i also know that in the history of the league i cannot remember a player killing a penalty with no stick to go off and change and make it a 5 on 3.

Oshie tried that exact thing in overtime this year when the Blues were killing a 4 on 3 against Vancouver.

He had broken his stick and he tried to get off the ice for a change since the Blues bench was in that end, but Vancouver scored on the 4 on 2 before the change could be completed.

It was a ballsy try, but it ended up being the wrong decision at the time. After the game, Hitchcock took the blame and said they called Oshie over to make the change...but still.

Call me nuts (won't be the first or last time) but I've always liked the Franzen-Hank-Cleary line from 09. Those who feel Cleary has been "slow" and not contributing is probably just listening to others who bag on him a lot. Keep the last 2 periods play up and we can ultimately win this series.

Edited by HankthaTank

I have to say the lack of motivation since mid February has to be a major coaching problem. I've been disappointed in Babcock since that 09 SCF game 7. There's no urgency and I don't care if they are outshooting the other team because this only really happens because they're horrendous out of the gate. This game 4 will be the last test on whether they are for real because I'm highly doubting they have that comeback mentality like they had in 02 down 2 games to the Canucks. Not to mention that team was a hell of a lot deeper as well. I'd love for Lidstrom to be our defensive coach when he retires and for Yzerman to come back to this organization as a head coach. Wishful thinking I guess. These guys are talented but they went to two Cups already with almost the same team and won and then pretty much have been packing it in. Proud of them forcing a game 7 against the Sharks but again had they just came out with a little urgency they wouldn't be digging these big holes to try to get out of.

Edited by GoWings!