• Please log in to reply
1060 replies to this topic

#861 GoalieManPat

GoalieManPat

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,363 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 01:58 PM

I forgot how quickly you guys jump ship. I still have faith in the Wings.

Legitimate critiques of the team is jumping ship?

#862 puckbags

puckbags

The Future

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,600 posts
  • Location:Cobble Hill, BC, Canada ( 2,522 Miles from the Joe)

Posted 15 April 2012 - 01:59 PM

disappointed, pissed, unhappy. wings you need to be better. you need to play the whole game like you played that third minus the odd man rush.

wake the f*** up and win the next one

Either we were going to score or Jimmy was going to have to make a big save on an odd man rush..we were pressing hard.

"Hard Work Beats Talent When Talent Refuses to Work Hard"

LGW after 1 loss is irrational, after a few in a row it becomes quite comical, 22 playoff appearances in a row and 4 cups in that time and still going strong. Relaxxxxx !!

#863 Danielsm

Danielsm

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 480 posts

Should have been a whole different game. If the scorekeeper hadn't f***ed up the time at the end of the second, our goal would have counted.

#864 datterberg1340

datterberg1340

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,361 posts

it's like they want to keep re-living Game 7 against the Pens; go down 0-2, then try to make the story-book comeback; only problem is, they didn't then and won't do it anytime soon

they need to re-learn how to become the team that builds the 2-0 lead like they did in Game 6 in '08

#865 rrasco

rrasco

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,007 posts

That was hard to watch. I knew it was going to end 3-2, just like every other game. Really frustrating we missed our chances and that goal didn't count due to lack of better time keeping. They add time to the clock with 45 seconds in the 3rd but don't even consider looking at it with 10.9 in the 2nd.

Kronwalled.net - Keep Yer Head up Kid

MONEY ON THE BOARD: $10/Kronwalling (1), $1/goal by: Nyquist, Tatar, Jurco, Sheahan, disney.com (1), Andersson, Dekeyser, Pulkinnen, Ouellet, or Sproul.  2X MULTIPLIER: disney.com.  CONSOLATION PRIZE: $5/goal by: Datsyuk (3), $3/goal by: Z (1). MOTB TOTAL: $30

#866 b.shanafan14

b.shanafan14

One good Swede deserves another!

• Silver Booster
  • 2,870 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 02:00 PM

Legitimate critiques of the team is jumping ship?

Apparently <_<

Team snoozes at home for half the game, horrible shot placement. Can't start playing when you are 2 goals down, but thats what they have done for two months now.

#867 metalkorn

metalkorn

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 451 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 02:00 PM

Jimmy didn't get a shutout, that's why we lost.

#868 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,660 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 02:01 PM

Our defense led the league in goals this season.

In this series, our defense couldn't hit water from a boat. These shots are all over the place.

Edited by GMRwings1983, 15 April 2012 - 02:01 PM.

According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#869 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,005 posts

I forgot how quickly you guys jump ship. I still have faith in the Wings.

Jumping ship means giving up completely and getting the f*** out as fast as humanly possible.

This isn't jumping ship. This is frustration - and of the very justifiable variety, at that.

Don't Toews me, bro!

#870 adtthosa

adtthosa

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 356 posts

We lost this game because of that slow start. Disappointing, but this series is far from over. It's at least going to 6 games.

Our PP was weak as hell tonight, we have to capitalize on those chances.

#871 NHLrules?

NHLrules?

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 947 posts

From what I have witnessed this year in the playoffs, I have pretty much decided to stop watching the NHL. Horribly dirty play, terrible officiating, dirtbag players, guys diving all over the ice the list goes on.

NCAA blows this league away and to be honest I caught a few Colorado Eagles games and the ECHL has much more to offer than the NHL.

I have never been more disappointed in this league in the 30 years I have been watching. Its sad to see what this sport has become.

I didnt hold much hope for the Wings in the series, so that is not it. Something is missing from this game and this league will disappear into oblivion, as it should. Compare this to the product the NFL puts out and its not even close.

Edited by NHLrules?, 15 April 2012 - 02:04 PM.

#872 b.shanafan14

b.shanafan14

One good Swede deserves another!

• Silver Booster
  • 2,870 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 02:02 PM

Only goal: single-handed effort from Pavel.

#873 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,660 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 02:02 PM

it's like they want to keep re-living Game 7 against the Pens; go down 0-2, then try to make the story-book comeback; only problem is, they didn't then and won't do it anytime soon

they need to re-learn how to become the team that builds the 2-0 lead like they did in Game 6 in '08

And much like that series, the other team is doing a great job blocking shots and putting sticks on pucks.
According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#874 DRW Dominance

DRW Dominance

Yzerman=God

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,331 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 02:03 PM

like everyone else is saying. try playing when the puck drops.

it's hard because we all know this team will own anyone if they want to.

problem is, do they want to?
naked is a state of mind

#875 Nyquistfan14

Nyquistfan14

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,090 posts

Let's start counting how many times we hear the phrase, 'puck luck'. 43 SOG for us vs. 22 for them ... what can you say? Howie should have gotten that last one on Kostitsyn.

This is exactly correct. I mean yes I can't fault Howard for that goal it was a good shot, but with all our pressure the second half of the game and they score on there ONLY chance thats just deflating. You can't ask for more from this team other then a better start. As well as hitting the net they miss the net so much

#876 Bryguy

Bryguy

Zata

• PipPipPip
  • 541 posts

Wings need to smoke the preds in game 4, full 60 mins. No half game crap.

And filps, whats up with you?

#877 metalkorn

metalkorn

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 451 posts

From what I have witnessed this year in the playoffs, I have pretty much decided to stop watching the NHL. Horribly dirty play, terrible officiating, dirtbag players, guys diving all over the ice the list goes on.

NCAA blows this league away and to be honest I caught a few Colorado Eagles games and to be honest the ECHL has much more to offer than the NHL.

I have never been more disappointed in this league in the 30 years I have been watching. Its sad to see what this sport has become.

I didnt hold much hope for the Wings in the series, so that is not it. Something is missing from this game and this league will disappear into oblivion, as it should. Compare this to the product the NFL puts out and its not even close.

So we will see you on Tuesday for Game 4 then?

#878 MTU_Huskies963

MTU_Huskies963

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,810 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 02:04 PM

Our defense led the league in goals this season.

In this series, our defense couldn't hit water from a boat. These shots are all over the place.

They depend way to much on that outside shot. I don't know what it is, but right now it comes off of as laziness. Not wanting to take the hit, and drive the puck to the net.

#879 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,005 posts

like everyone else is saying. try playing when the puck drops.

it's hard because we all know this team will own anyone if they want to.

problem is, do they want to?

BIN. GO.

Don't Toews me, bro!

#880 puckbags

puckbags

The Future

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,600 posts
  • Location:Cobble Hill, BC, Canada ( 2,522 Miles from the Joe)

NCAA blows this league away and to be honest I caught a few Colorado Eagles games and to be honest the ECHL has much more to offer than the NHL.

Huh? are you serious? I've seen the ECHL, there is a reason about 1 of 500 of those guys ever gets a sniff at the NHL.

"Hard Work Beats Talent When Talent Refuses to Work Hard"

LGW after 1 loss is irrational, after a few in a row it becomes quite comical, 22 playoff appearances in a row and 4 cups in that time and still going strong. Relaxxxxx !!