• Please log in to reply
1060 replies to this topic

#921 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,759 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 02:19 PM

Hudler doesn't shoot. Filppula has been a ghost and Nashville is getting all of the breaks. I don't like the writing on the wall.

We better not open up game 4 with the same stupid lines we've seen the last few months.
According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#922 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,089 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 02:19 PM

Detroit dominates when no penalties are getting called. Especially to start the game killing off a bunch of penalties and getting scored on, you can't just bounce back that quickly. If the first period wasn't a penalty fest detroit wins this game. As soon as the refs let them play Detroit took it to them. It also didn't help that Jimmy Howard didn't make a single save seemed like

As bad as the zebras were (and, really, have been in all three games), it's on the Wings. In this case, they came out at the start of the game playing like a peewee squad. Point being, Wings have to be better. We, they, have to expect and accept the one-sided, beer league officiating and focus on what matters, which is playing quality hockey for a full 60 minutes. Which they seem incapable of doing.

And Howard was ok. Not amazing, but, honestly, he's the last Wing anyone should be calling out.

Don't Toews me, bro!

#923 Yzerfan1999

Yzerfan1999

Hall-of-Famer

• Silver Booster
  • 2,451 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 02:20 PM

Close game. Can't get down on the Wings for this one, they played pretty well against a really good goaltender. They've got to find a way to play a more balanced 60 mins though. I liked seeing Nyquist on that first line with Dats and Franzen, he played really well. The only player I have been disappointed with is Fil - the guy has to step it up!
When you lose, say little. When you win, say less.

--Thanks for the Sig. Offsides--

#924 MTU_Huskies963

MTU_Huskies963

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,810 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 02:21 PM

and of course the fact that he was grabbed by a player on the bench was completely excusable? Looking back I'm glad Franzen did it, it got him fired up and we scored a minute later.

It got him fired up? The goal by datsyuk was unassisted, and had nothing to do with Franzen's play. He was grabbed by a player on the bench boo hoo, that does not give you the right to spear someone. He took 2 stupid penalties today that were caused, by his frustration.

#925 NHLrules?

NHLrules?

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 947 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 02:22 PM

Mike Valente said it best, it's a minor league organization, the NHL is.

It's unfortunate. I followed the game back when all the clutching and grabbing happened....and a lot of us used to pull our hair out wondering why more calls weren't made. But it seems like the league took the other extreme...except that they are so inconsistent, I'd rather they go back to giving teams 1-2 power plays a game and let the better teams decide the game.

Even though the refing was absurd YET AGAIN, that's not why we lost. We lost because we started slow, were out hustled to pucks (probably not our fault, we don't have the speed), and they clearly look hungrier to me. The wings have won so much for 21 years, maybe it's just time for a big change...let the old players go (lids, homer, bert, etc), and go buy some size, some speed, and rely on draft picks.

It's hard to move on, but maybe that's what probably needs to happen. This small, highly skilled team is made for the regular season, not the playoffs. I think that's why we've lost the past couple of years against SJ. Too slow, not big enough, can't take the beating. The regular season is nowhere near this intense and nowhere near this hard on the body...

Howard is not our problem. He's good enough. The old norm was 2 goals per game, today is 3 goals per game.

Correct. Its not the loss that gets me, I didnt expect much from the Wings this post season. Then Helm went out and well....

Just look at last night, I went ballistic over the Smith dive in the hawks game. What kind of league is this? Its disgusting. The guy lays on the ice like he was shot in the face. Yet as soon as the penalty was dished out, he magically pops up and is ready to play like nothing happened.

Its not that the NHL has an agenda, they are just horribly incompetent and misguided. The game of hockey isnt good enough, you need to have little queens like Crosby, refs trying to keep series close by matching penalties on the score sheet, suspension of players who are injured for trying to sit out on an exhibition all-star game, the lame ass winter classic non-sense (I think that is retarded, and do you really want to compete with NCAA Bowl games LMAO)

I dunno Im just not in love with this league like I was 10 or 20 years ago.

#926 Nyquistfan14

Nyquistfan14

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,106 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 02:23 PM

It got him fired up? The goal by datsyuk was unassisted, and had nothing to do with Franzen's play. He was grabbed by a player on the bench boo hoo, that does not give you the right to spear someone. He took 2 stupid penalties today that were caused, by his frustration.

Thats the best I've seen Franzen all year. If it took him a 2 minute penalty to get him going then im okay with that.

#927 metalkorn

metalkorn

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 451 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 02:23 PM

The player on the bench is not involved in the play so yeah he is most definately the most at fault in this scenario. I'd spear the bastard too.

#928 CrimsonFlame

CrimsonFlame

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 862 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 02:24 PM

I'm not sure if you are trolling or not. First 2 games he was phenomenal.

First game he caused them to lose. That was a HORRIBLE play that directly lead to the third goal. Second game has was average. Why can't you guys see that? He is just average. He has always been that way. He is not a superstar.

I think it's all guilt from the past.

#929 Firehawk

Firehawk

Don't Touch My Pop

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,857 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 02:25 PM

I don't think Babcock is a bad coach, but he should not be Detroit's coach any longer, he can't get through to his players anymore and the 2 green assistants haven't helped much; the problem is who can we find that's available that would do a better job?

I think babs is ok still, but I would fire whomever is running the special teams on this team. How can the Preds, who clearly are not as talented as the wings, have a power play that looks THAT good? Yet the wings struggle to get a shot on goal with more talented players...
U GUYS ARE FUKIN ANYOING IM GONNA COME DOWN THERE AND KILL ALL YALL THE ONLY THING THAT SAVED UR TEAM WAS OSGOOD AND OSSGOOD SUKS 2 JUST LIKE UR WHOLE FUKIN TEAM I HOPE U HEARD THIS AND THINK CAUSE ALL I GOT TO SAY TO U IS UR A BUNCH OF FUKIN IDIOTS BARONS A HOOSER CUSE HE WENT TO UR TEAM AND I HOPE U GUYS SHOULD SEND UR TEAM TO ANOTHER CITY CAUSE U GUYS ARE A BUNCH OF FUKIN WHINERS GO CANUCKS GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! --- A canucks fan on stltoday.com

This was so funny I had to set it as my sig.

#930 joesuffP

joesuffP

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,978 posts

I don't understand what refs are seeing in these holding calls. Every single time along the boards someone has a free hand grabbing someone and then they call about 5% of them. The refs could call a penalty every 15 seconds if they wanted to. That penalty with a minute thirty pissed me off more than anything. Stuff like that was going on the whole game then they call that with a minute and a half left after Detroit is down by 2 goals. It's like they did it just to even up the penalty calls on both sides when they thought the game was over anyways. Detroit should have been awarded at least 1 penalty when they were buzzing around the net for the whole third period and then they get one after they get scored on like "well there ya go, I was gonna give you one this period so it might as well be now"

#931 dat's sick

dat's sick

Fear can hold you prisoner, hope can set you free

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,335 posts

Close game. Can't get down on the Wings for this one, they played pretty well against a really good goaltender. They've got to find a way to play a more balanced 60 mins though. I liked seeing Nyquist on that first line with Dats and Franzen, he played really well. The only player I have been disappointed with is Fil - the guy has to step it up!

43-22 in shots is a close game? Maybe in the first period.

Detroit outplayed Nashville most of the game. Should have won.

Zetterberg is AMAZING. Datsyuk played a great game tonight, beauty goal.

Would have liked a big save by Howie on that 3rd Nashville goal but overall I can't complain much. A normal day, a normal game, and Wings win by 2-3 goals.

Preds can't get this lucky in 2 more games. Series should be 2-1 or 3-0 Wings.

#932 Nyquistfan14

Nyquistfan14

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,106 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 02:27 PM

First game he caused them to lose. That was a HORRIBLE play that directly lead to the third goal. Second game has was average. Why can't you guys see that? He is just average. He has always been that way. He is not a superstar.

What did the 3rd goal have to do with Howard? Stuart turned the puck over and lost the battle and he faced a point blank one-timer from the hash marks. Hows that his fault?

#933 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,089 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 02:27 PM

So basically you're just trolling.

Good to know.

Don't Toews me, bro!

#934 datterberg1340

datterberg1340

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,361 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 02:28 PM

also, why are we so bad on face-offs all of a sudden? only 45% of draws today, we used to have a glutton of natural centers who could win those big offensive or defensive face-offs, but now we seem to lose almost all of them

#935 NHLrules?

NHLrules?

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 947 posts

Keep in mind the poor kid is left hung out to dry constantly. How many odd man rushs did he come up big on? How many times does a guy take a wide open point blank shot whit our defenders doing whatever it is they do out there?

Its like when people were pissed at Ozzie in 01. Dude let up few goals in that series but we could not score AT ALL in that series. Stop blaming Howard hes just fine. Look at the team in front of him. No drive, no physical presence and absolutely no D. Thats the truth.

#936 joesuffP

joesuffP

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,978 posts

I think babs is ok still, but I would fire whomever is running the special teams on this team. How can the Preds, who clearly are not as talented as the wings, have a power play that looks THAT good? Yet the wings struggle to get a shot on goal with more talented players...

The power play has been fine... it's the timing of the power plays... it's happened on both sides when the game is going your way and you have momentum the power play/penalty kill is going to look better. Detroit hasn't gotten a power play while they were controlling the play that they didn't score on. It's hard to start a period on the power play or when your getting outplayed

#937 b.shanafan14

b.shanafan14

One good Swede deserves another!

• Silver Booster
  • 2,870 posts

If the Wings lose this series, Lidstrom will not be back. Period. Holmstrom will leave and the team will be trending down.

#938 CrimsonFlame

CrimsonFlame

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 862 posts

What did the 3rd goal have to do with Howard? Stuart turned the puck over and lost the battle and he faced a point blank one-timer from the hash marks. Hows that his fault?

Howard made a dumb play to Stuart that he had no chance in hell of keeping. That lead to the goal. He should have either dropped and gloved it or passed to the other side where there was no one barreling down at top speed.

#939 metalkorn

metalkorn

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 451 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 02:29 PM

Jonathan Quick is probably the only goalie i'd want ahead of Howard. Though he hasn't won a series yet.

#940 Electrophile

Electrophile

Ipsa scientia potestas est.

• Silver Booster
  • 9,390 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 02:30 PM

If the Wings lose this series, Lidstrom will not be back. Period. Holmstrom will leave and the team will be trending down.

You think it's bitter around here now, wait until that happens. This place will be nigh unreadable.

electrophilewingsfloyd.jpg

"People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually* from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly... time-y wimey... stuff."  -- The Doctor