• Please log in to reply
1060 replies to this topic

#941 metalkorn

metalkorn

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 451 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 02:30 PM

also, why are we so bad on face-offs all of a sudden? only 45% of draws today, we used to have a glutton of natural centers who could win those big offensive or defensive face-offs, but now we seem to lose almost all of them

Draper retired.

#942 Hockeymom1960

Hockeymom1960

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,220 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 02:31 PM

People need to stop blaming Howard for crying out loud. If it weren't for him we'd be down by three :ranting:

#943 Firehawk

Firehawk

Don't Touch My Pop

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,857 posts

Correct. Its not the loss that gets me, I didnt expect much from the Wings this post season. Then Helm went out and well....

Just look at last night, I went ballistic over the Smith dive in the hawks game. What kind of league is this? Its disgusting. The guy lays on the ice like he was shot in the face. Yet as soon as the penalty was dished out, he magically pops up and is ready to play like nothing happened.

Its not that the NHL has an agenda, they are just horribly incompetent and misguided. The game of hockey isnt good enough, you need to have little queens like Crosby, refs trying to keep series close by matching penalties on the score sheet, suspension of players who are injured for trying to sit out on an exhibition all-star game, the lame ass winter classic non-sense (I think that is retarded, and do you really want to compete with NCAA Bowl games LMAO)

I dunno Im just not in love with this league like I was 10 or 20 years ago.

I am not in love with the league either like I was. It's hard as a fan that's been a fan for 20+ years to enjoy this kind of hockey when it was much better 10 years ago. I'm a HOCKEY fan, not just a Wings fan, so the game itself, encompassing all teams, is a disgraace. The talent is watered down on every team, the refereeing is brutal in the regular season, and completely unacceptable in the playoffs, and it's only getting worse.

You know how you get divers to stop? Call diving penalties...and don't send 2 players. Embarrass the player and tell him if he does it again he's getting thrown out of the game. THEN DO IT. Make an example! As a ref, everybody hates you anyway, so what difference does it make?

I didn't expect the wings to win this series either really. In the playoff game on this board I did pick the wings in 6 (becuase i did'nt think they'd win in 7) because I just can't bet against them against an expansion team with little talent and experience on it. But I really don't think the wings have what it takes to beat size and speed. The past 2-3 years they've been worn down and beaten by bigger and faster teams...and Holland hasn't adjusted the team for that.
U GUYS ARE FUKIN ANYOING IM GONNA COME DOWN THERE AND KILL ALL YALL THE ONLY THING THAT SAVED UR TEAM WAS OSGOOD AND OSSGOOD SUKS 2 JUST LIKE UR WHOLE FUKIN TEAM I HOPE U HEARD THIS AND THINK CAUSE ALL I GOT TO SAY TO U IS UR A BUNCH OF FUKIN IDIOTS BARONS A HOOSER CUSE HE WENT TO UR TEAM AND I HOPE U GUYS SHOULD SEND UR TEAM TO ANOTHER CITY CAUSE U GUYS ARE A BUNCH OF FUKIN WHINERS GO CANUCKS GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! --- A canucks fan on stltoday.com

This was so funny I had to set it as my sig.

#944 datterberg1340

datterberg1340

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,361 posts

Draper retired.

oh yeah that's right

#945 CrimsonFlame

CrimsonFlame

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 862 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 02:33 PM

People need to stop blaming Howard for crying out loud. If it weren't for him we'd be down by three :ranting:

Uhh if we had a better goalie we'd be up 2 to 1 right now actually. You know any goalie that can stop a break away.

#946 b.shanafan14

b.shanafan14

One good Swede deserves another!

• Silver Booster
  • 2,870 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 02:33 PM

You think it's bitter around here now, wait until that happens. This place will be nigh unreadable.

Its going to be ridiculous. Like reliving Steve Y all over again. A team not playing to potential, playing lazy and disinterested. Gets ousted in the first round and the captain decides he's held on long enough. Lidstrom is playing to win cups. This is not a cup team, and its not the skill level, its the compete level.

#947 Nightfall

Nightfall

My goal is to deny yours!

• Gold Booster
  • 3,739 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 02:34 PM

43-22 in shots is a close game? Maybe in the first period.

Detroit outplayed Nashville most of the game. Should have won.

Zetterberg is AMAZING. Datsyuk played a great game tonight, beauty goal.

Would have liked a big save by Howie on that 3rd Nashville goal but overall I can't complain much. A normal day, a normal game, and Wings win by 2-3 goals.

Preds can't get this lucky in 2 more games. Series should be 2-1 or 3-0 Wings.

The Wings are not going to win many games taking a period off. If they would have had the pedal to the floor for 60 minutes, they would have won this game. Instead, they let the Preds dictate the game in the first period and it cost them.

I know there are people here that like to lay the blame on the coaching staff, reffing, Bettman, certain players, and so on, but I am of the opinion that a full 60 minute effort wins games. So far, we haven't seen a full 60 minutes out of either team. Seems like, in game 2, the Wings came out strong in the first and then tailed off in the 2nd and 3rd. Today, Nashville did the same thing.
Christopher Brian Dudek
My Domain

#948 joesuffP

joesuffP

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,927 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 02:34 PM

Our forwards have outplayed theirs consistently... I blame both these losses and the fact game 2 was close to all the penalties. Even though we've only given up one PP goal against... you can't take 4 penalties straight and expect to have any kind of momentum or push...

#949 Hockeymom1960

Hockeymom1960

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,220 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 02:35 PM

Uhh if we had a better goalie we'd be up 2 to 1 right now actually. You know any goalie that can stop a break away.

Ok name me a goalie that we can get that is better than Jimmy.

#950 REDWINGSTEVE8

REDWINGSTEVE8

Draftee

• 7 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 02:35 PM

How about starting with the very first drop of the puck....That might help too!

#951 Firehawk

Firehawk

Don't Touch My Pop

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,857 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 02:36 PM

43-22 in shots is a close game? Maybe in the first period.

Detroit outplayed Nashville most of the game. Should have won.

Zetterberg is AMAZING. Datsyuk played a great game tonight, beauty goal.

Would have liked a big save by Howie on that 3rd Nashville goal but overall I can't complain much. A normal day, a normal game, and Wings win by 2-3 goals.

Preds can't get this lucky in 2 more games. Series should be 2-1 or 3-0 Wings.

I don't think we outplayed them most of the game. We outplayed them after we got a goal, which was what, with 5 minutes or something like that left in the 2nd? The 3rd period was mostly us becuase they were sitting back. If the game had been tied or they had been down, it wouldn't have looked that way.

So I am looking for that kind of play out of them when the wings are even or ahead in the game, not trailing. Game 4 better be ALL like that or we are going out of the playoffs in 5, and it will rudely awaken a lot of fans who think this team is good.
U GUYS ARE FUKIN ANYOING IM GONNA COME DOWN THERE AND KILL ALL YALL THE ONLY THING THAT SAVED UR TEAM WAS OSGOOD AND OSSGOOD SUKS 2 JUST LIKE UR WHOLE FUKIN TEAM I HOPE U HEARD THIS AND THINK CAUSE ALL I GOT TO SAY TO U IS UR A BUNCH OF FUKIN IDIOTS BARONS A HOOSER CUSE HE WENT TO UR TEAM AND I HOPE U GUYS SHOULD SEND UR TEAM TO ANOTHER CITY CAUSE U GUYS ARE A BUNCH OF FUKIN WHINERS GO CANUCKS GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! --- A canucks fan on stltoday.com

This was so funny I had to set it as my sig.

#952 CrimsonFlame

CrimsonFlame

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 862 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 02:37 PM

Ok name me a goalie that we can get that is better than Jimmy.

That we can get? It's too late. We put all our eggs in Howards basket. Honestly in the off season I'm hoping we might be able to get corey schneider or someone.

#953 Hockeymom1960

Hockeymom1960

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,220 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 02:41 PM

That we can get? It's too late. We put all our eggs in Howards basket. Honestly in the off season I'm hoping we might be able to get corey schneider or someone.

Ah our goaltending is NOT our problem. It's our defense and our offense, especially our defense.

#954 Dirty Dangle

Dirty Dangle

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 375 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 02:41 PM

:caution:

#955 NHLrules?

NHLrules?

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 947 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 02:42 PM

Case and point, look at the pens gooning it up after every goal here. WTF is going on?

#956 CrimsonFlame

CrimsonFlame

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 862 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 02:46 PM

Ah our goaltending is NOT our problem. It's our defense and our offense, especially our defense.

So everything but Howard? Really? Our offense is fine if it can stay out of the box. And our Defense needs a little improvement on the back end but it's still workable.

#957 skyphoenix

skyphoenix

JIMMEH

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,734 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 02:46 PM

I'm just glad to not be a Penguins fan right now. Giving up the lead in 3 straight games and dropping the first two at home.

Posted Image

#958 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,006 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 02:48 PM

So everything but Howard? Really? Our offense is fine if it can stay out of the box. And our Defense needs a little improvement on the back end but it's still workable.

Our offense blows. Our D blows harder. Howard has kept us in this series.

Don't Toews me, bro!

#959 brett

brett

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,974 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 02:49 PM

Lawl @ people blaming howard. howard was the only reason the wings were in the game. did you guys watch the first? how about the 2nd? how about game 2?He made HUGE saves. Kept them in the game. WINGS failed to get goals for him.

This could be the last few games we seef****** Lidstrom play. let it all hang out

Edited by brett, 15 April 2012 - 02:49 PM.

#960 Hockeymom1960

Hockeymom1960

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,220 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 02:49 PM

Our offense blows. Our D blows harder. Howard has kept us in this series.

100% agree