• Please log in to reply
1060 replies to this topic

#961 CrimsonFlame

CrimsonFlame

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 862 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 02:50 PM

Our offense blows. Our D blows harder. Howard has kept us in this series.

Yeah is that why he let in two softies today and caused a goal for us to lose in game one?

You guys keep blindly defending Howard. I don't get it. What can you guys see that I can't?

#962 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,095 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 02:51 PM

Yeah is that why he let in two softies today and caused a goal for us to lose in game one?

You guys keep blindly defending Howard. I don't get it. What can you guys see that I can't?

You're trolling. Give it a rest.

Don't Toews me, bro!

#963 metalkorn

metalkorn

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 451 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 02:52 PM

You're trolling. Give it a rest.

I agree. Howard is the last person I'd be blaming.

#964 heikks86

heikks86

Rookie

• Pip
  • 148 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 02:54 PM

The D was non-existent on those 2 goals

#965 CrimsonFlame

CrimsonFlame

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 862 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 02:56 PM

I don't understand how Howard can always be blameless and yet our "horrid" offense that is throwing 41 shots one of the best defenses and goalies in the league are to blame.

Wings fans really are crazy I guess.

#966 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,833 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 02:59 PM

I'm just glad to not be a Penguins fan right now. Giving up the lead in 3 straight games and dropping the first two at home.

Yeah, but their future looks brighter than ours.

Their stars are young and have many years left to make runs at the Cup.
According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#967 metalkorn

metalkorn

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 451 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 03:00 PM

I don't understand how Howard can always be blameless and yet our "horrid" offense that is throwing 41 shots one of the best defenses and goalies in the league are to blame.

highlighted the point for you there as to why he is not to blame.

#968 NHLrules?

NHLrules?

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 947 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 03:01 PM

Because our Defensef****** sucks man. Pretty simple really.

What do you want the kid to do? You cant get a shutout every game.

Our D is atrocious in our own end and has been for years. You realize that every goalie that has ever played here gets s*** on all the time? Think about it.

Just since 2000. Osgood Hasek, Legacy, Cujo, Howard, McDonald, Conklin. All those guys truly suck right?

Cmon man call it the way it is, our D is terrible. Last year we had Lids and a one legged Rafalski back there. And this year we have a broke Lids and Ianf****** White. LMAO yup its the goalie.

#969 CrimsonFlame

CrimsonFlame

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 862 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 03:01 PM

highlighted the point for you there as to why he is not to blame.

He's not to blame because or offense threw 41 at Rinne?

Or he's not to blame because he faced 19 shots and let 3 in?

#970 skyphoenix

skyphoenix

JIMMEH

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,734 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 03:05 PM

The goalie isn't the one to blame when the defense gives up breakaways and odd man rushes for no reason. Stuart was completely outplayed on the second goal, 3 of our players were in our crease facing the net on the first goal and Howard couldn't get over and the third goal was Kronwall/Filppula's fault. Howard was left out to dry, plain and simple. Could he make those saves? Yeah, but it's not entirely his fault that he didn't. He's been far from horrible.

Posted Image

#971 metalkorn

metalkorn

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 451 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 03:05 PM

not to blame because we threw 41 and only got 2 through which means they are throwing a lot of custard pies at the net. Detroit goaltenders generally face fewer shots. I also never said he was great in this game, but he was probably the best detroit player in the first 2 games. he was 1st star in Game 2.

#972 joesuffP

joesuffP

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,185 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 03:07 PM

that 3rd goal was the back breaker though and a winning goalie should have stopped it... but we never lost because of jimmy we lost because we take 8 penalties a game... I thought we played fine on both ends Predators never had any real pressure after detroit flipped the switch. But taking all those penalties killed us and has killed us in all three games pretty simple, but that's the way they're going to ref this series apparently and I'm not sure the Red Wings can do anything about it. They're going to be short handed at least 6 times a game no matter how they play

#973 Firehawk

Firehawk

Don't Touch My Pop

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,857 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 03:08 PM

Because our Defensef****** sucks man. Pretty simple really.

What do you want the kid to do? You cant get a shutout every game.

Our D is atrocious in our own end and has been for years. You realize that every goalie that has ever played here gets s*** on all the time? Think about it.

Just since 2000. Osgood Hasek, Legacy, Cujo, Howard, McDonald, Conklin. All those guys truly suck right?

Cmon man call it the way it is, our D is terrible. Last year we had Lids and a one legged Rafalski back there. And this year we have a broke Lids and Ianf****** White. LMAO yup its the goalie.

You hit the nail on the head. Remember Curtis Joseph ran out of town because he lost a bunch of 2-1 games? I think fans that look at it that way are just not that knowledgeable. You have to look at the shots the wings got on goal and realize that it wasn't Rinne that stole this game, and it wasn't Howard that lost this game. The wings mustered 1 goal this game, and it was in a moment of desperation. The goal by Datsyuk was a GIFT...granted, it took that skilled player to get it, but it was a gift mistake from the Preds. Let's be honest here.

I've been bitching about our defensive play for months, and it shows a lot more in the playoffs when the opponent is good, is focused only on playing you, and has size and speed to exploit your holes. When you have defensive breakdowns, you'll pay, and the wings have. It's my opinion that if the preds finish their great opportunities in game 2, we're down 3 games to NOTHING people!

We should actually be fortunate to be down only 1 game.

I keep complaining about this wings team, but it may be that they just don't have an answer this year for the speed and size they're playing against. The preds can't out 'skill' us, but they can out hustle us, out hit us, and they're hungrier. Those 3 things can trump skill. Look at the Preds forecheck. TENACIOUS!
U GUYS ARE FUKIN ANYOING IM GONNA COME DOWN THERE AND KILL ALL YALL THE ONLY THING THAT SAVED UR TEAM WAS OSGOOD AND OSSGOOD SUKS 2 JUST LIKE UR WHOLE FUKIN TEAM I HOPE U HEARD THIS AND THINK CAUSE ALL I GOT TO SAY TO U IS UR A BUNCH OF FUKIN IDIOTS BARONS A HOOSER CUSE HE WENT TO UR TEAM AND I HOPE U GUYS SHOULD SEND UR TEAM TO ANOTHER CITY CAUSE U GUYS ARE A BUNCH OF FUKIN WHINERS GO CANUCKS GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! --- A canucks fan on stltoday.com

This was so funny I had to set it as my sig.

#974 CrimsonFlame

CrimsonFlame

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 862 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 03:09 PM

I think you guys just feel guilty about the goalies of the past and so you think you HAVE to defend Howard no matter what he does. I give up. He's average and that's all he'll ever be.

#975 Dirty Dangle

Dirty Dangle

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 375 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 03:11 PM

I think you guys just feel guilty about the goalies of the past and so you think you HAVE to defend Howard no matter what he does. I give up. He's average and that's all he'll ever be.

Finally.

Howard was in contention for the Veznia before he was injured. I'd hardly call Howard average. Glad you're done trolling.

Edited by Dirty Dangle, 15 April 2012 - 03:12 PM.

#976 metalkorn

metalkorn

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 451 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 03:14 PM

seen a lot of posts here post game. We did score 2 goals in this game not 1 so not sure why people keep saying that.

#977 Firehawk

Firehawk

Don't Touch My Pop

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,857 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 03:17 PM

seen a lot of posts here post game. We did score 2 goals in this game not 1 so not sure why people keep saying that.

I think it's becuase people feel that Datsyuk goal was a lucky 'bounce'. It wasn't scored in the sense that the team got it done. The pred screwed up, Datsyuk caused it, Rinne wasn't paying attention, and we scored it. The 2nd goal was the result of team effort.

Just offering a view.

Had we won, it would be viewed different of course, but becuase we lost, I think that's how people are viewing it.
U GUYS ARE FUKIN ANYOING IM GONNA COME DOWN THERE AND KILL ALL YALL THE ONLY THING THAT SAVED UR TEAM WAS OSGOOD AND OSSGOOD SUKS 2 JUST LIKE UR WHOLE FUKIN TEAM I HOPE U HEARD THIS AND THINK CAUSE ALL I GOT TO SAY TO U IS UR A BUNCH OF FUKIN IDIOTS BARONS A HOOSER CUSE HE WENT TO UR TEAM AND I HOPE U GUYS SHOULD SEND UR TEAM TO ANOTHER CITY CAUSE U GUYS ARE A BUNCH OF FUKIN WHINERS GO CANUCKS GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! --- A canucks fan on stltoday.com

#978 Dirty Dangle

Dirty Dangle

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 375 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 03:20 PM

I think it's becuase people feel that Datsyuk goal was a lucky 'bounce'. It wasn't scored in the sense that the team got it done. The pred screwed up, Datsyuk caused it, Rinne wasn't paying attention, and we scored it. The 2nd goal was the result of team effort.

Just offering a view.

Had we won, it would be viewed different of course, but becuase we lost, I think that's how people are viewing it.

I think it's more that Z's goal game near the end of the game, when it was effectively over, and served as a tease more than anything else.

#979 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,095 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 03:23 PM

Personally, I turned the game off before the second goal. So, yeah.

Don't Toews me, bro!

#980 Firehawk

Firehawk

Don't Touch My Pop

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,857 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 03:25 PM

I think it's more that Z's goal game near the end of the game, when it was effectively over, and served as a tease more than anything else.

Yeah it was definitely a tease. I had no confidence we'd come back after they went up by 2 late. No way. We spent over a period trying to get 1 and couldn't. Anything can happen, I know that, but the way the preds get in the lanes, and beat us to pucks, win the battles, etc, I have just gotten very discouraged. This has gone on all 3 games. We just finished one more time than they did in game 2, and were very lucky the puck jumped their stick blades a few times early in that 2nd period in game 2, otherwise we would be down 3 games now.

In my view, game 4 is must win. Let's see what kind of effort the wings come out with.

Maybe as wings fans it's just that the other teams have caught up in overall ability (whetehr it's skill, or speed and size, etc) and it's hard for us to swallow that one...becuase for many years it's been all about the red wings. They've been better than their opponents for years and it's been all about them controlling their destiny. Not that way anymore maybe.