• Please log in to reply
1060 replies to this topic

#1001 pucktividi

pucktividi

the usual suspect

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,330 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 04:43 PM

wtf is wrong with this series?we won when trapping and lost when dominate the huge amount of game(s) :ph34r:

#1002 Vladifan

Vladifan

Legend

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 5,759 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 04:48 PM

From what I have witnessed this year in the playoffs, I have pretty much decided to stop watching the NHL. Horribly dirty play, terrible officiating, dirtbag players, guys diving all over the ice the list goes on.

NCAA blows this league away and to be honest I caught a few Colorado Eagles games and the ECHL has much more to offer than the NHL.

I have never been more disappointed in this league in the 30 years I have been watching. Its sad to see what this sport has become.

I didnt hold much hope for the Wings in the series, so that is not it. Something is missing from this game and this league will disappear into oblivion, as it should. Compare this to the product the NFL puts out and its not even close.

Great post. I would have loved to see Babcock get out there on the soapbox and whale away at the officiating in this series - to the point where he would have been fined. I'd love to see what it also would have done for the Wings' players. Kind of like in basketball, ya know?

Howard playing atrocious. All series. The guy will make one or two cool looking saves and then terribad rebound the others or just whiff on a one on one.

:blink:

"He even ate with women who at that time were accorded the same status as the family donkey. Are we willing to break bread with, say, child sex slaves, transgender teens and undocumented workers? Because when Jesus comes back to Earth, that's where he'll be hanging."
You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him.

#1003 metalkorn

metalkorn

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 451 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 04:53 PM

We already extinguished the Howard fire.

#1004 Vladifan

Vladifan

Legend

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 5,759 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 05:00 PM

What did the 3rd goal have to do with Howard? Stuart turned the puck over and lost the battle and he faced a point blank one-timer from the hash marks. Hows that his fault?

+

Case and point, look at the pens gooning it up after every goal here. WTF is going on?

They.are.losers. I just hope that happens on the ice, too. I'd love to do my queen's wave to them with a finger thrown up.

"He even ate with women who at that time were accorded the same status as the family donkey. Are we willing to break bread with, say, child sex slaves, transgender teens and undocumented workers? Because when Jesus comes back to Earth, that's where he'll be hanging."
You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him.

#1005 HadThomasVokounOnFortSt

HadThomasVokounOnFortSt

Hi

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,066 posts
  • Location:Cloudy Town, Minnesota. 762.20 miles from the Joe Louis Arena

Posted 15 April 2012 - 05:38 PM

Anyone got a picture of the light show before the game?
hadthomasvokounonfortst.jpg
Follow me on Twitter: @W2G4U

#1006 brennan17

brennan17

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 723 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 05:42 PM

That was a depressing game.... I think nyquist should start on pavs line again next game, when they switched him and bert I thought they had more time in the opposing end after that, and pavs looked better.. We better start winning.

Edited by brennan17, 15 April 2012 - 05:42 PM.

#1007 Bring Back The Bruise Bros

Bring Back The Bruise Bros

RIP Probie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,683 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 05:46 PM

This is all Red Wings Addict's fault.
"Ice hockey is a form of disorderly conduct in which the score is kept."

RIP Bob Probert
RIP Wade Belak
RIP Derek Boogaard
RIP Rick Rypien

#1008 GoWings1905

GoWings1905

Legend

• Gold Booster
  • 5,226 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 05:48 PM

No picture, however I can attest the glow sticks looked sweet before the game started. They really served no purpose after that point, but the pre-game festivities were really well put together as usual by the Red Wings.

The crowd was buzzing the entire time. I don't know if more younger people are going to games the past two years or so, but the atmosphere at the Joe is noticeably louder and more engaged in my experience.

Edited by GoWings1905, 15 April 2012 - 05:49 PM.

"To whom much is given, much is expected."

#1009 Nightfall

Nightfall

My goal is to deny yours!

• Gold Booster
  • 3,739 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 05:54 PM

That is the problem.

The Wings NEED to play 60 minutes of playoff hockey. Instead they are so inconsistent they either stink it up for the final 30 minutes or the first 30 minutes.

I agree.

So far, neither team has played a full 60 minutes of hockey. Look at game 2 and 3 for instance.

Game 2:
Detroit played really well the first 30 minutes, and then slacked 30 minutes
Nashville comes back in the 2nd half and makes it a game.

Game 3:
Nashville plays solid for 30 minutes and then slacks.
Detroit plays solid the 2nd half of the game but can't complete the comeback.

I am probably asking the same questions that Barry and Mike are asking of their teams.

When is my team going to come out and play a full 60 minute game?

This series is going the distance, with the winning team wanting it more. So far, Nashville has wanted it more than Detroit through 3.
Christopher Brian Dudek
My Domain

#1010 Yak19

Yak19

-Playmaker Elite-

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,836 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 05:56 PM

Protip: Learn to finish

the only player that has a knack for hitting the back of the net is Datsyuk, everyone else needs to work with Kostitsyn in the off season.

#1011 Sgt. Angry

Sgt. Angry

Sgt. Angry

• PipPipPip
  • 645 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 06:09 PM

I missed today's game, but the Wings organization in the past year has started to remind me of the Wings back when I started following them. Back then, every year they would trot out Howe, Delvecchio, Marcel Pronovost, and a team full of Larry Jeffery's and Billy MacNeil's - average, journeymen players. And they competed in the playoffs, but were never good enough to go very far. That's what we have now - Zetterberg, Datsyuk, Lidstrom, and a bunch of nobodies, or once-were's. We may progress, but it won't be because of skill, it will be because of luck, or playing harder than the opponent - and I haven't seen that for a loooonnngg time.
Watch out!!!! - it's the Sheik ---- and he's got an object!!!!

#1012 Red Crazy

Red Crazy

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 626 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 06:12 PM

I thought everyone said Mule would start playing when the playoffs started? <_<

#1013 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 16,871 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 06:13 PM

Who knew what we really meant is he'd start taking stupid penalties.

#1014 WingZNut13

WingZNut13

2nd Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,497 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 06:28 PM

This was posted from the Official Red Wings twitter page.

Red Wings Pregame Light Show
What kind of color is red? Red is a warning. A declaration. A color that says I'm ready to do what it takes. Red is focused and Driven because red doesn't like second place. So what Kind of color is red? Our kind" - The Red Wing Army

#1015 GoWings1905

GoWings1905

Legend

• Gold Booster
  • 5,226 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 06:36 PM

Who knew what we really meant is he'd start taking stupid penalties.

Yup, exactly. If Mule would channel his anger into driving the net and using his size instead of retaliating all of the time, it would help the Red Wings cause greatly. I said previously that Mule has had more jump than the regular season (he isn't a statue), but he still isn't doing enough of the things consistently that made him successful in the playoffs before.

Against Rinne, flicking a wrist shot from near the face-off dot isn't going to work ever. If the Red Wings want to win this series, they need ugly goals off rebounds and having a presence directly in front of Rinne. 43 SOG is fine and all, but volume alone isn't going to beat Rinne.

"To whom much is given, much is expected."

#1016 Jasper84

Jasper84

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 2,739 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 06:36 PM

Here is a pretty crappy 15 second video I took from my iPhone.

Edited by Jasper84, 15 April 2012 - 06:37 PM.

#1017 Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday

LGW's impromptu Photoshopper

• Silver Booster
  • 4,337 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 06:38 PM

He scored a goal at 20:00.01 of the second period today.

Posted Image

#1018 canadian wings fan

canadian wings fan

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 854 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 06:41 PM

How brutal has Val Filipula been this series? Today was easily his worst game of the year. Pick your s*** up boys I'm looking at you to Hudler. Well Hudler won't be a Red Wing anymore after this year. so that helps I guess

#1019 Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday

LGW's impromptu Photoshopper

• Silver Booster
  • 4,337 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 06:52 PM

How brutal has Val Filipula been this series? Today was easily his worst game of the year. Pick your s*** up boys I'm looking at you to Hudler. Well Hudler won't be a Red Wing anymore after this year. so that helps I guess

Filppula's fall from grace has been the most surprising of all of this. The problem isn't with Filppula, though. It is with the fact the team cannot generate anything overall. Filppula cannot be called on to carry the team despite his amazing season.

Posted Image

#1020 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 16,871 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 06:53 PM

Filppula's fall from grace has been the most surprising of all of this. The problem isn't with Filppula, though. It is with the fact the team cannot generate anything overall. Filppula cannot be called on to carry the team despite his amazing season.

lack or production aside, he's just seemed uncharacteristically easy to knock off the puck. That's not how he's been this year.