• Please log in to reply
1060 replies to this topic

#1021 metalkorn

metalkorn

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 455 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 06:55 PM

He scored a goal at 20:00.01 of the second period today.

and one off his skate/butt in game 2

Edited by metalkorn, 15 April 2012 - 06:56 PM.

#1022 Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday

LGW's impromptu Photoshopper

• Silver Booster
  • 4,341 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 06:59 PM

lack or production aside, he's just seemed uncharacteristically easy to knock off the puck. That's not how he's been this year.

Does anyone really seem their normal selves this series?

I honestly feel like the Wings are stuck in a haze for some reason and just cannot bring themselves to bring a competitive team to the table for a full 60 minutes. It is incredibly frustrating, and the worst part of it is I don't even know if Holland will make the necessary changes over the offseason. Even if the Wings make it past this round, it is clear things need to change.

Posted Image

#1023 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 17,266 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 07:03 PM

I honestly feel like the Wings are stuck in a haze for some reason and just cannot bring themselves to bring a competitive team to the table for a full 60 minutes. It is incredibly frustrating, and the worst part of it is I don't even know if Holland will make the necessary changes over the offseason. Even if the Wings make it past this round, it is clear things need to change.

I'm just afraid Babcock will be the casualty before any of the big changes they need to make.

#1024 Bring Back The Bruise Bros

Bring Back The Bruise Bros

RIP Probie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,703 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 07:08 PM

Yeah I think a lot more needs to be done than just letting Hudler go and Holmstrom retire, and promoting Nyquist. Things really need to get shaken up, as in a big name getting dealt to let the rest know that we're not gonna settle for making the playoffs and choking in the 1st/2nd round every year. I'm not calling for a fire sale, but changes need to be made.
"Ice hockey is a form of disorderly conduct in which the score is kept."

RIP Bob Probert
RIP Wade Belak
RIP Derek Boogaard
RIP Rick Rypien

#1025 Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday

• Silver Booster
  • 4,341 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 07:11 PM

I'm just afraid Babcock will be the casualty before any of the big changes they need to make.

If he is let go I will lose complete faith in Holland.

There are no real options available and Babcock, while partial to certain players at times, is a damn fine coach.

Posted Image

#1026 Nevermind

Nevermind

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 567 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 07:14 PM

I highly doubt anything happens to Babcock for the remainder of his contract. After this season, he's got two years left to prove he hasn't grown stale with the team.

Unfortunately, when the unthinkable happens with Lidstrom, our team's going to change in a big way anyways.

#1027 Detroit # 1 Fan

Detroit # 1 Fan

Truculence.

• HoF Booster
  • 19,094 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 07:16 PM

Yeah I think a lot more needs to be done than just letting Hudler go and Holmstrom retire, and promoting Nyquist. Things really need to get shaken up, as in a big name getting dealt to let the rest know that we're not gonna settle for making the playoffs and choking in the 1st/2nd round every year. I'm not calling for a fire sale, but changes need to be made.

Zetterberg and Datsyuk are the only reason we're not down 3-0 in the series, so I think they are safe. If Franzen was dealt in the off-season, that'd be great. Shake things up, we need to hungrier. The Wings don't have many guys who compete for 60 minutes. Dano's been the most physical guy for us in the series and he's on onef****** leg, that's inexcusable. I also don't think Babs is the problem, after the way he reacted after Berts fight in Game 2 I know he could really get more out of a team that competes harder and is harder to play against.

#NOMOREKINDL

#1028 Fonzarelli

Fonzarelli

Rookie

• Pip
  • 139 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 07:17 PM

Miller smarten up

I haven't read all the posts but I heard on the radio that some fans were ripping on Jimmy. For me, there's only one guy to rip and that's Miller. How stupid does he have to be. This is another example of the players not ready mentally to play. I would bench him for the next game because his blunder led to the first goal. This was unacceptable and must not be tolerated. Milller had plenty of time to slow down or veer away. Absolutely ludicrous.

#1029 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,913 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 07:18 PM

I am going to hold all my comments until one of two things happen, they lose or they win...just so I am not accused of flying off the handle and typing irrationally or Heaven forbid, be accused of not being a Red Wings fan...

I believe it is because I am such a huge fan of this organization is why I call out the players I feel don't belong on this historic and proud team. But like I said, I do tend to sometimes get the "what have you done for me lately" attitude when I type during and after a game, so I will watch, hope, and pray they win it all. Meanwhile I do look in here once in a bit, and today I have noticed a lot of disgust and unfavorable positions when it comes to (Playoff)Franzen. I know everyone believed he wold turn the switch and re-appear back from 2008. He still has time, but it is quickly running out...

Go Red Wings!

Bring Fedorov Home For A Day!

He Needs To Retire A Red Wing.

When Gordie Leaves Us, the NHL MUST Retire The #9.

#1030 Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday

• Silver Booster
  • 4,341 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 07:22 PM

I am going to hold all my comments until one of two things happen, they lose or they win...just so I am not accused of flying off the handle and typing irrationally or Heaven forbid, be accused of not being a Red Wings fan...

I believe it is because I am such a huge fan of this organization is why I call out the players I feel don't belong on this historic and proud team. But like I said, I do tend to sometimes get the "what have you done for me lately" attitude when I type during and after a game, so I will watch, hope, and pray they win it all. Meanwhile I do look in here once in a bit, and today I have noticed a lot of disgust and unfavorable positions when it comes to (Playoff)Franzen. I know everyone believed he wold turn the switch and re-appear back from 2008. He still has time, but it is quickly running out...

Go Red Wings!

Remember Franzen has been a great playoff contributor since 2008. Last season was an aberration as far as that was concerned. This season isn't really looking good on anyone either, so I can't exactly say I'm surprised.

Posted Image

#1031 Bring Back The Bruise Bros

RIP Probie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,703 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 07:22 PM

Zetterberg and Datsyuk are the only reason we're not down 3-0 in the series, so I think they are safe. If Franzen was dealt in the off-season, that'd be great. Shake things up, we need to hungrier. The Wings don't have many guys who compete for 60 minutes. Dano's been the most physical guy for us in the series and he's on onef****** leg, that's inexcusable. I also don't think Babs is the problem, after the way he reacted after Berts fight in Game 2 I know he could really get more out of a team that competes harder and is harder to play against.

There are plenty of guys that will be available this summer that will make us harder to play against that won't be a liability, and I hope Holland realized that a few of those types of players would be nice seeing how Z got treated by Weber. Franzen needs to show up, this is his time of year, and there are better options out there if he doesn't produce in the playoffs. He hasn't been completely invisible, but he hasn't been a difference maker.

RIP Bob Probert
RIP Wade Belak
RIP Derek Boogaard
RIP Rick Rypien

#1032 HadThomasVokounOnFortSt

HadThomasVokounOnFortSt

Hi

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,152 posts
  • Location:Cloudy Town, Minnesota. 762.20 miles from the Joe Louis Arena

Posted 15 April 2012 - 07:38 PM

Posted Image

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Follow me on Twitter: @W2G4U

#1033 HockeyCrazy3033

HockeyCrazy3033

Hall of Famer

• Silver Booster
  • 17,360 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 07:44 PM

Here's video of the amazing glow wands show.
"I'm a winner. That's all I do". - Chris Osgood -

#1034 Bring Back The Bruise Bros

RIP Probie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,703 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 07:47 PM

Here's video of the amazing glow wands show. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jMGy64HXHOU&feature=youtu.be

Was today the first time they used the glow wands? I don't remember seeing them anywhere before.

RIP Bob Probert
RIP Wade Belak
RIP Derek Boogaard
RIP Rick Rypien

#1035 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 21,054 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 07:48 PM

If he is let go I will lose complete faith in Holland.

There are no real options available and Babcock, while partial to certain players at times, is a damn fine coach.

You mean the last two offseasons and trading deadlines didn't make you lose any faith in Holland?
According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#1036 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,913 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 07:50 PM

You mean the last two offseasons and trading deadlines didn't make you lose any faith in Holland?

Amen!

Bring Fedorov Home For A Day!

He Needs To Retire A Red Wing.

When Gordie Leaves Us, the NHL MUST Retire The #9.

#1037 HockeyCrazy3033

HockeyCrazy3033

Hall of Famer

• Silver Booster
  • 17,360 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 07:51 PM

Was today the first time they used the glow wands? I don't remember seeing them anywhere before.

YES! I've been to nearly every playoff opener the past 10 years. This is the first I've seen them.
"I'm a winner. That's all I do". - Chris Osgood -

#1038 Bring Back The Bruise Bros

RIP Probie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,703 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 07:55 PM

YES! I've been to nearly every playoff opener the past 10 years. This is the first I've seen them.

I'm so jealous. Never been to a Wings home game, let alone a Wings playoff game.

Edited by Bring Back The Bruise Bros, 15 April 2012 - 08:04 PM.

RIP Bob Probert
RIP Wade Belak
RIP Derek Boogaard
RIP Rick Rypien

#1039 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 21,054 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 08:01 PM

I'm so jealous. Never been a Wings home game, let alone a Wings playoff game.

Me neither.

I never got to see Yzerman play. Same with Lidstrom probably. :(
According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#1040 Bring Back The Bruise Bros

RIP Probie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,703 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 08:03 PM

Me neither.

I never got to see Yzerman play. Same with Lidstrom probably. :(

Same here. Live too far from Detroit to get out to any games.

RIP Bob Probert
RIP Wade Belak
RIP Derek Boogaard
RIP Rick Rypien