• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Echolalia

Repercussions of Weber headslam

Rate this topic

The reffing has just gotten worse and worse over the last few years. It seems like its all coming to a peak this playoffs. Its a complete joke.

It hurts me to even say this, but I almost hope there is a lockout next year. I need a break from the NHL. Watching games these days and being an NHL fan is more frustrating than fun due to the refs, Bettman, Campbell, now Shanny...

*sigh*

The reffing has just gotten worse and worse over the last few years. It seems like its all coming to a peak this playoffs. Its a complete joke.

It hurts me to even say this, but I almost hope there is a lockout next year. I need a break from the NHL. Watching games these days and being an NHL fan is more frustrating than fun due to the refs, Bettman, Campbell, now Shanny...

*sigh*

I don't say this in a bitchy way at all, even though it might sound like it in print, but... if you need a break, take one.

I'm annoyed with the inconsistencies, but I also understand that it's impossible to judge each case individually and be consistent at the same time.

You can have a set of criteria, but no situation falls nicely into it. Shanny's video explanations went a long way in the regular season. The playoffs have been much trickier.

Given that infractions are not being punished, and that on-ice justice must prevail in its absence, I'm seeing the need for teams to get much more of a fighting presence.

Note I didn't say goon, which is a shame because it's such a fun word, but the team needs a Darren McCarty again. If only we could find one.