• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#21 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,942 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 10:40 PM

The way things have been going, the coaches and GM's don't need to call out or question the officials. A typical 5-year-old could do it.

#22 Vladifan

Vladifan

Legend

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 5,759 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 10:50 PM

The NHL, Shanny and Bettman are reaping the consequences of their INaction on Weber. They should have laid it out then. And what goes around, especially when it's goonery in hockey, will most definitely come back around and bite you in the butt. As it damn well should. I still wish Babcock would have gotten out there and yelled his ass off and at least, started something. Now, it is so far out of hand that not only will the NHL lose potential new fans, it's gonna lose a bunch that were pretty loyal up to this point. This isn't hockey. It's WWE at it's worst.

"He even ate with women who at that time were accorded the same status as the family donkey. Are we willing to break bread with, say, child sex slaves, transgender teens and undocumented workers? Because when Jesus comes back to Earth, that's where he'll be hanging."
You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him.

#23 wolverine1817

wolverine1817

Go Blue

• Pip
  • 159 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 10:51 PM

The way things have been going, the coaches and GM's don't need to call out or question the officials. A typical 5-year-old could do it.

Very true. But if this call you're talking about is true, is there anything that can be done to get rid of this bulls*** and to try to change the league for the better? or are all the people that are in control (the ones with the $$$$) content with this disgrace to the game of hockey?

If Bettman keeps this bulls*** up, the NHL will sink. Businesses may be able to gain for a little while giving out a crap service/product, but eventually people will find out that it's s*** and stop going back. Something needs to be done with the officiating, I'm not saying that the refs are trying to fix games, but if they're not then there's obviously a lack of eyes out there. For some games it seems like we might as well pick a name out of a hat at random time intervals and call a penalty on whatever team gets picked.

#24 Red Wings Addict

Red Wings Addict

This is how I watch Wings games

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,749 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 11:00 PM

Hey tell Weber he's gonna get it!
You better tell him.
Suter you better tell him.
You're gonna get it too.

#25 wolverine1817

wolverine1817

Go Blue

• Pip
  • 159 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 11:32 PM

Tortorella's influencing the Rangers facebook too

http://www.facebook....150698546769858

lolz

embrace it guys: no matter what team you're a fan of... Canucks, Kings, Rangers, Bruins, Wings, etc. we can all agree that the league is bats*** crazy

Edited by wolverine1817, 15 April 2012 - 11:34 PM.

#26 sleepwalker

sleepwalker

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,085 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 03:24 AM

The reffing has just gotten worse and worse over the last few years. It seems like its all coming to a peak this playoffs. Its a complete joke.

It hurts me to even say this, but I almost hope there is a lockout next year. I need a break from the NHL. Watching games these days and being an NHL fan is more frustrating than fun due to the refs, Bettman, Campbell, now Shanny...

*sigh*

#27 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,942 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 09:22 AM

The reffing has just gotten worse and worse over the last few years. It seems like its all coming to a peak this playoffs. Its a complete joke.

It hurts me to even say this, but I almost hope there is a lockout next year. I need a break from the NHL. Watching games these days and being an NHL fan is more frustrating than fun due to the refs, Bettman, Campbell, now Shanny...

*sigh*

I don't say this in a bitchy way at all, even though it might sound like it in print, but... if you need a break, take one.

I'm annoyed with the inconsistencies, but I also understand that it's impossible to judge each case individually and be consistent at the same time.

You can have a set of criteria, but no situation falls nicely into it. Shanny's video explanations went a long way in the regular season. The playoffs have been much trickier.

Given that infractions are not being punished, and that on-ice justice must prevail in its absence, I'm seeing the need for teams to get much more of a fighting presence.

Note I didn't say goon, which is a shame because it's such a fun word, but the team needs a Darren McCarty again. If only we could find one.