• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Lonewuhf

Retribution for clean hits...

Rate this topic

How about hitting them with a clean hit of your own. I think the idea that hitters have to be fighters, some are but some aren't and that is fine, they are different roles. I think it is reasonable to think that if you lay down a good clean hit you better keep your head up and be ultra-aware that the other team is going to be going out of their way to lay a couple of good clean hard hits on you. I don't think however that it is reasonable to think that any time you lay a good clean hit on a guy you have to fight some 4th liner who is on the team primarily as a fighter. Kronner for example is not a fighter and shouldn't get into fights with any heavy weights (or even middle weights for that matter) and is a great Dman hitting aside. He shouldn't be lost for 5 minutes each time he lays a good clean hit.

That's not what I said at all.

Keep the hits clean, and just hit them back to let them know that if they dish out a hard hit, they are going to get one of the same or worse in return.

Otherwise, your guys will be getting run all game long.

Sure, there will be some fights when it's your 3rd and 4th line guys getting hit, but that's more their role.

That's not what I said at all.

Keep the hits clean, and just hit them back to let them know that if they dish out a hard hit, they are going to get one of the same or worse in return.

Otherwise, your guys will be getting run all game long.

Sure, there will be some fights when it's your 3rd and 4th line guys getting hit, but that's more their role.

If you notice the various responses from multiple posters it seems that it was universally taken that way (also as evidenced by the -8 on the comment). If I was mistaken I apologize. That was the topic of the thread and and it seemed that you were saying you were fine with the actions being denounced by the OP.

No, that's not what I want to see. The Schenn hit was no clean though....he travelled a long distance and jumped into the hit....not suspension worthy or anything because it wasn't a head shot, but it wasn't clean either.

I liked the response by Asham to come over and do "something", but what he did was boneheaded and hurt his team rather than help. If he had come over and roughed him up a bit, that may have helped his team.

Wasn't clean? So does that mean it is dirty? Come on dude, that isn't a bad hit. Traveled a long distance? What does that even mean in this context when the puck is right there? I don't see a "jump" there anymore than a lot of very normal hits. Our own Kronwall has the habit of getting off his skates as he goes into the hit at the last second.

I guess we just differ on the response. Notice after Kronwall's hit on Heatley what happened? A couple guys said some things, he didn't get mugged. Oh, and he "lept" a bit too into the hit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SfX5BwDKjq0

What do you think of that hit?

I absolutely do not think fighting is the right response to a clean hit. Would you fight after the opposing team scores a goal? Makes a pass? Changes lines? No - these are all just hockey plays. Now, I KNOW it's a little different because a hit has the potential to hurt someone, unlike those other scenarios, but still, the players signed up for hockey, not soccer, and hits are a big part of the game. I understand the need to "keep the flies off" of your star players, but that's your cue to get them back with a matching clean hit. Acting like a baby and getting all slappy over a fair hit is going to hurt your team way more than the other when you get sent to the box and they score on the PP.