• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Dimaline312000

Traverse City North Stars

Rate this topic

I don't know how many of you follow Junior League Hockey but I'm a die hard Hockey fan and I do my very best to follow all Hockey, especially in Michigan. After the Traverse City North Stars lost their playoff series Vs Kalamazoo in the NAHL Playoffs it was announced that the team would be moving from Traverse City to Salut Ste. Marie. Now the reason I'm posting this is becasue the Arena the North Stars Played in is the same arena that the Detorit Red Wings hold their Training Camp and where the NHL Prospect Camp is held. My question is what does this mean for the camps?? What happens to Cemtre Ice Arena during the Hockey Season? I mean yes it can be used for High School Hockey and stuff but Howe Arena is used for High School Hockey right now in TC. Though I can't imagine they will prehaps they plan on tearing down Howe Arena and just having High School Hockey at Centre Ice Arena. Now I assume that since on the Detroit Red Wings Training Camp Facebook Page already has dates for the Prospect Camp and DRWTC that it's still going to be held there. Does anyone have any more information about this and what plans are for September and the Camps. I'm a little worried becasue by this time last year they would have already had the In-Person Sale for Red Wings TC Tickets. What does this mean for September 2012 and Future Wings Camps? Thoughts, Info, Comments, Concerns all welcome. I'm willing to go whereever I need to go to get Training Camp Tickets whether it's Sault Ste Marie or still in Travese City. I've always felt Traverse City was a great place to hold camp(s). There's a ton of stuff to do when there's no Hockey. I mean there's plenty to do in Sault Ste. Marie but IMO now it doesn't have the same feeling in TC since there isn't a team to play in that arena after the Wings and NHL Teams get done.

Edited by Dimaline312000

The Arena should be just fine. They still have youth leagues that play there, and there are two high school teams that play at centre ice. (The Bay area reps and the Northwest warriors) I played hockey in T.C. for a long time before the North Stars had a team, and the rink did great. It'll be a change but I'm sure the wings will continue to use Centre Ice for training camp. All the upgrades that Centre Ice did for the North Stars will only benefit training camp.

I sure hope they do keep the Training Camp at Centre Ice. Not that I'm not willing to go somewhere else for camp but Traverse City is a beautiful area and Centre Ice is a fantastic arena and it feels like a home away from home for me. I've been to numerous Arena's from all over the US and I'd have to say Centre Ice is one of if not the best I've ever been in. I HATE to see the North Stars go and I hope that at some point in the future Traverse City can get another team besides just Pee Wee and High School Hockey Teams. I really felt a Junior League team was a great fit for TC. I would say that maybe the area could actually support a Pro Hockey team but if Junior League team is leaving than obviously not. I still haven't heard when Tickets are going on sale, has anyone heard anything latley??