• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
matt198913

Game 4 lines

Rate this topic

We are just not getting to the loose pucks. The wings are taking way too many penalties and it finally cost them in game 3. Maybe some youth should be inserted into the line up. Brendan Smith for example, possibly even Sheahan. By all accounts this kid has a big frame (if he uses it) and is a pretty darn good checking center. I'm just trying to think of a scenario to get more size into the line up. So with that said lines for game 4

Nyquist-Datsyuk-Franzen

Bertuzzi-Zetterberg-Cleary

Abdelkader-Filpula-Hudler

Miller-Sheahan-Emerton or Holmstrom

Lidstrom-Ericsson

Smith-Kronwall

Stuart-White

Howard

I wish they would at least try this but oh well.

Zetterberg-Datsyuk-Cleary

Hmm... This, I like. These 2 always need a hard worker with them and who better than Danny right now. Won't happen but lovely choices.

Gotta say I always hate Bert and Mule on the same line tho.

Hmm... This, I like. These 2 always need a hard worker with them and who better than Danny right now. Won't happen but lovely choices.

That line at the start of this year was absolutely terrible. Just terrible. But in a playoff atmosphere these guys seem to really come alive. Why not give them a shot together? And if Cleary can't keep pucks down low and create space then try Bertuzzi.

That line at the start of this year was absolutely terrible. Just terrible. But in a playoff atmosphere these guys seem to really come alive. Why not give them a shot together? And if Cleary can't keep pucks down low and create space then try Bertuzzi.

Really dont care what they do, just more big bodies to the front of the net. Get to the loose rebounds. Abby, Cleary, and Bert may do that.

I wish they would at least try this but oh well.

Zetterberg-Datsyuk-Cleary

Nyquist-Franzen-Bertuzzi

Hudler-Filppula-Miller

Holmstrom-Abdelkader-Emmerton/Conner

I don't mean to insult you so please don't take it that way but this might possible be the worst line combinations Ive ever seen on this site. A man on one leg whos game is at best 75% of normal playing 1st line minutes with our top two players...no way. Franzen getting 2nd line center minutes of Flip....no way. God help Nyquist on that 2nd line. Who are you expecting to create on that line? Bertuzzi has had bricks for hands this series and Franzen uses his ice time to make a sandwich. These also leave you with no good energy line. Your best bet is the 4th but Holmstrom kills that. Miller has done nothing to warrant him being up a line. In reality Emmerton has outplayed Abby, Miller, Holmstrom, Bertuzzi, and Franzen. That is the major problem in this series. That and Stuart doing everything he can to get that move out west to happen as quick as possible.

I don't mean to insult you so please don't take it that way but this might possible be the worst line combinations Ive ever seen on this site. A man on one leg whos game is at best 75% of normal playing 1st line minutes with our top two players...no way. Franzen getting 2nd line center minutes of Flip....no way. God help Nyquist on that 2nd line. Who are you expecting to create on that line? Bertuzzi has had bricks for hands this series and Franzen uses his ice time to make a sandwich. These also leave you with no good energy line. Your best bet is the 4th but Holmstrom kills that. Miller has done nothing to warrant him being up a line. In reality Emmerton has outplayed Abby, Miller, Holmstrom, Bertuzzi, and Franzen. That is the major problem in this series. That and Stuart doing everything he can to get that move out west to happen as quick as possible.

Haha, that's pretty extreme don't you think? There's a lot of upside to those combinations. Also, combinations aren't necessarily about putting the guys who have "earned it" together. You have to consider depth as well.

Cleary has shown that he can handle some of the responsibilities down low and on the forecheck. I'd be happy with either Holmstrom or Bertuzzi there but it seems like Cleary would be the guy that Babs would put in that situation.

If you get Franzen to patrol the center of the ice then that will really change the way Nashville has to defend. Nyquist has always been known for his excellent playmaking ability and he'll have more room to create with Nashville devoting more focus on Franzen. Plus Nyquist and Franzen have good chemistry, especially on the cycle. Eventually Bertuzzi's stone hands will soften up over time. He has too much of a history of being able to execute good solid passes. If you want to focus on the negative then you might only see the turnovers he makes but he still makes solid passes.

Filppula on the 3rd line makes the Wings deeper at center and again it can change the way the Preds have to defend. If you don't like Filppula on the third line then pretend his line is the 2nd and Franzen's is the 3rd, I don't care. The point is to get more effectiveness down the middle. Right now it seems like the Preds are pretty happy with the way they've defended and changing up the personnel in the middle is a good way to explore different scenarios.

If you want an energy line then you're really watching the wrong team. You got Abdelkader and Miller as quasi-energy guys. Many of the Wings' energy guys are either injured or scratched. The Wings simply don't have an energy line if players like Helm and Eaves are out of the lineup.

Nyquist has good chemistry with Datsyuk. I have yet to see him and Franzen work anything out consistently. I put that mostly on Franzens inconsistency though.

I love Holmstrom for what he has done for the team but he really has no spot on the team anymore let alone proposing him to be up on the 1st line. He is extremely ineffective on 5 on 5 and is nowhere near as effective as he once was on the PP. What has kept him on the roster is what he used to provide on the PP. When he is not providing that he brings nothing to the team other than locker room presence which the Wings already have enough of.

Abdelkader and Miller are energy guys. Thats there job on the team. They certainly arent on it for offensive abilities. When they are playing well they are just as good as Eaves in that department. They just havnt decided to play well. Bring in a youngster like Mursak for Holmstrom and you'll have an energy line.

Red wings were winning all the battles yesterday their forwards dominated theirs... The penalties cost them the game and was the reason for the slow start... Plus Stuart getting turned inside out by a scrub

All the battles in the third period maybe.

Bertuzzi Datsyuk Franzen 2 big bodies to create some space for pav

Nyqvist Zetterberg Brunnstrom hopefully some Swedish chemistry

Filppula Abdelkader Cleary good shut down line with scoring

Miller Sheahan Conner speed and tenacity to boot.

Lidstrom White

Stuart Kronwall

Ericsson Smith

Howard Conklin.

Best possible lineup against the Preds imo:

Datsyuk-Zetterberg-Holmstrom

Nyquist-Filppula-Franzen

Cleary-Abs-Hudler

Miller-Emmerton-Bertuzzi

The ZDH line is proven and for the stretches they were together in the first 3 games they should a lot of chemistry and had some great chances.

The second line provides dependable D mixed with scoring: Nyquist is very shifty with the puck and has the speed to compliment Filppula's game, and Franzen can put the puck in the net if Nyquist and Filppula can feed him the puck (especially Gus with his sick passing). Both Gus and Filppula are good defensively, and Franzen isn't terrible - better than Hudler, at least.

The third line provides a lot of energy with Abs and Cleary (playing out of his mind), and Hudler is a good puck possession guy that helps us spread the talent throughout the lineup and gives scoring depth.

Finally, that fourth line would have been terrible 3 weeks ago, but Emmerton has really stepped up his game and Miller is playing well for the most part. Bertuzzi could be better, but he's still a big physical (sort of) guy that can definitely play the 4th line grinder role.

As for the D, I say go with:

Lids-White (worked great in the 3rd period of last game)

Stuart-Ericsson (Stuart is making way too many defensive mistakes to be playing with Kronners right now, while Ericsson deserves a promotion with his, dare i say it, amazing play.)

Kronwall-Quincey (probably our weakest pairing, but both are okay offensively and make up a great 3rd pairing -- they won't be up against the best players anyway)

Datsyuk - Zatterberg - Holmstrom ( Holmstrom won't have to handle the puck anywhere except the preds zone. Holmstrom is very good around the net and tenacious on the boards... Might take dumb penalties)

Flippula - Franzen - Cleary (Cleary playing well, faster and stronger than Hudler)

Bertuzzi - Abdelkader - Hudler ( really like this as a third line... Bottom 6 have won games for both teams this series and gives serious scoring threats on the third line and Nashville can't match it)

Nyquist - Emmerton - Miller ( decent fourth line Nyquist can be moved to any line really depending how the game goes)