So, I'm New Here...

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Super Wing

Super Wing

Draftee

• 10 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 08:49 AM

Hey guys/gals, I'm new here, just found the website today and thought I would sign up - so here I am! I'm from Liverpool here in England (if you don't know where it is, the it's where The Beatles are from), and I assume there aren't many other international fans on this board, but I could be wrong. I'm 18 and have been a Wings fan for about five years. The story of how I became a Red Wings fan is a bit unspectacular, but basically I was playing NHL 2K6 and I'd already seen a couple of games on television. I decided that I needed a team to follow, opened up the team selection menu, hit the random button, and I decided that the team it would choose for me would be my team to support/follow, and fortunately it gave me the Red Wings!

So, it's been an interesting season so far, and I've been keeping up with it by watching live games on NHL Gamecenter through my TV on my PS3(which I have to say is a fantastic service), and then watching the highlights of the games that I don't manage to catch live (most games start at midnight/1am here, so it's not always convenient to stay up and watch). At times we've been very frustrating, and at others we've been playing some brilliant stuff, but I feel that there is most definitely inconsistency. It's a shame we didn't beat the Preds yesterday too, because the Wings were by far the better team. But there's no use dwelling on the previous games, because you can only beat what's in front of you! So hopefully we win three out of the next four games and take the series. My favourite player is Justin Abdelkader, too :).

I hope to get on here as often as I can and talk some hockey (and perhaps other sports) with you guys :D. It'll hopefully be a good learning curve for me being on here, and will help me to gain a lot more knowledge about the sport of ice hockey and the Wings in particular. From what I've seen so far, it looks like a great community. LET'S GO RED WINGS!

OT: Apologies if I posted this in the wrong section; but I didn't know where else to post an intro thread :P.

Edited by Super Wing, 16 April 2012 - 08:49 AM.

#2 Norwegian Red Wing

Norwegian Red Wing

He shoots - He SCOOORES!

• HoF Booster
  • 342 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 08:56 AM

I assume there aren't many other international fans on this board, but I could be wrong.

You are ;) There are plenty - like me!
And WELCOME :D
Posted Image

#3 Jedi

Jedi

Galmar Stone-Fist. Stormcloak. Wings Fan.

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 9,787 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 08:57 AM

On behalf of the Moderator staff, welcome to LGW! Always good to hear about Wings fans overseas.

LGW does have many members around the world. Check out the Member Map to see where some of your fellow international Wings fans reside.

And don't worry, you posted in the right section, no worries there!

2cwlto0.jpg

#4 Kira

Kira

"I hope you're not from KGB"

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,555 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 09:05 AM

First of all, welcome! It's always nice to have a new face, and to be from a country where most people look at you funny if you say you like hockey makes it even more of a treat.

So you like Abby? He's pretty nice. I've had the pleasure of talking to him at training camp a couple of times. Actually, all the guys are really great. We're blessed to have a whole crew of hard-working, down to earth people wearing the red and white.

Again, welcome, and please don't be a stranger!

By the by, in the Hottest Wing thread, we gals post some of our game pics. They're pics I guarantee you won't find anywhere else. If you can wade through the posts, you might find some pretty cool pics! :)

Edited by Kira, 16 April 2012 - 09:11 AM.

Posted Image

#5 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,743 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 09:12 AM

Just on the basis of you being a Liverpudlian you will have several new friends right away as several of us are Beatles fans.

There's a ton of history and a wealth of knowledge here, but the village also has its idiots. Enjoy!

Money on the board:  Current total: $6

$1 for a goal by any current Wing after whom I have named a hamster.  An additional $5 for a series-clinching goal scored by any current Wing after whom I have named a hamster. $5 if the other team fails to score against a current Wing goalie after whom I have named a hamster.

Hamsters I have had:  (current Wings highlighted)

Henrik Pavel Tomas Nicklas Dominik

Niklas Matthew Daniel Robert

Johan Andreas Valtteri Jonathan

Andrew Patrick Ian Todd

Jordin Damien Gustav James

#6 wingslogo19

wingslogo19

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,234 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 09:32 AM

Welcome to the site!!! It's really great to see Wings fan from overseas. Enjoy the forums
IPB Image

#7 sputman

sputman

4th Line Baggage

• HoF Booster
  • 3,050 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 02:33 PM

The story of how I became a Red Wings fan is a bit unspectacular, but basically I was playing NHL 2K6 and I'd already seen a couple of games on television. I decided that I needed a team to follow, opened up the team selection menu, hit the random button, and I decided that the team it would choose for me would be my team to support/follow, and fortunately it gave me the Red Wings!

very nearly how i became a newcastle united fan!

:D

welcome!
Posted Image

#8 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,297 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 09:04 PM

Welcome to LGW.

There's actually many posters here from the UK. uk_redwing is also from Liverpool. So you're not alone.
According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#9 MabusIncarnate

MabusIncarnate

The Truth Is Out There

• Silver Booster Mod
  • 2,113 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 01:51 AM

:thumbup:

Welcome, you chose the right team to pull for. I think it's impressive honestly that we draw in fans from the UK, I live in the USA and my knowledge of sports outside of this country is pretty much zero. I couldn't name one Canadian football team from the CFL.

13585921555_24551f5658.jpg

#10 Super Wing

Super Wing

Draftee

• 10 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 11:29 AM

Thank you all for the warm welcome! I'm surprised that the Red Wings have such a vast global fanbase, and I'm proud to be a part of it. I'll have to add myself to the member map!

#11 SouthernWingsFan

SouthernWingsFan

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 24,609 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 10:30 PM

Welcome aboard.

Stick around for fully-clothed Wednesdays, they are a blast.

What, you thought I was going to talk about Naked Wednesdays? :ph34r:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users