• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Wing Across The Pond

Henrik Sedin suffering after hit

Rate this topic

Tell me about it. Ridiculous that he can think the Nucks have them where they want them. Oh is that sitting on a 3-0 cushion? Man that hit knocked him loose. Kings have been far more physical, have some solid D and are throwing the weight around well and Henrik, having witnessed it all first hand, think they've been working the D over and have them in their pocket. I lol

Did you guys see him knocking on the door for help, OMG, that was a nasty hit. That's exactly what Sugar Ray Leonard termed being in the dark closet.

He was standing in front of his own bench when he got crushed. Did none of his teammates yell heads up??

When you see Brown skating towards your teammate you pretty much know how it's going to end.

He was standing in front of his own bench when he got crushed. Did none of his teammates yell heads up??

When you see Brown skating towards your teammate you pretty much know how it's going to end.

Brown came pretty much out of nowhere. He was skating from behind the play and in front of his own bench...not sure there was time for anyone to see it coming and if they did it was wayyyy too late..Just ask Henrik. :scared:

Well he is the captain. He's supposed to say things like that I suppose.

There may be times I'm not thinking of honestly but I feel like the Wings leadership generally talks about what they need to do differently and is fairly respectful of the other team. Not so much out of being classy or anything as just not giving them any fodder to fire them up.

I can see Sedin thinking things like that, but it seems like something you tell your teammates in a team meeting, not say to the press.

Well he is the captain. He's supposed to say things like that I suppose.

If I'm a Canucks fan, I'd like to hear him say things like 'We need to play with more urgency if we want to win,' or, 'We need to play faster within our system and not be caught flat footed in the neutral zone,' or 'It's do or die next game so we're going to fire 80 shots on net if that's what it takes to beat Quick.'

'It's going to turn around (because their defence is tired),' is something I would find unsatisfactory if it came from the mouth of a Red Wing.

If I'm a Canucks fan, I'd like to hear him say things like 'We need to play with more urgency if we want to win,' or, 'We need to play faster within our system and not be caught flat footed in the neutral zone,' or 'It's do or die next game so we're going to fire 80 shots on net if that's what it takes to beat Quick.'

'It's going to turn around (because their defence is tired),' is something I would find unsatisfactory if it came from the mouth of a Red Wing.

Well that's kind of a different standard to me. We're Red Wings fans and if we heard our captain say things like that we'd look at each nervously. Maybe Canucks fans are just different. Maybe they want to hear their captain say stupid things like that, I don't know. I guess I just think that Sedin's statement is some sort of pandering to a group somewhere, probably his own fans. I wonder if we were to look at some of the Canucks message boards that you'll have a few users defend his statement and point out specific evidence of the Kings defense making turnovers here or skating sluggishly there, bla bla bla.

No doubt.

THe thing is, even Canadian teams homer Kelly Hrudey said it on HNIC after the first period of the first game; The Canucks have not brought their "compete", they think they will not need it in the first couple of rounds because they are the two time President's Trophy winners.

Apparently, Denial aint just a river in Africa, it runs right through downtown Vancouver, too.

If I were a Canuck fan, I'd want to hear, "We got to find another gear and find it right away. We got to open up the shooting gallery and make it rain pucks. We've got to bring an all out assault the likes of something this league ahs never seen before. For just one game, we've got to Get It Done. Then regroup and hammer at away at Game 5".

Edited by T.Low

No doubt.

THe thing is, even Canadian teams homer Kelly Hrudey said it on HNIC after the first period of the first game; The Canucks have not brought their "compete", they think they will not need it in the first couple of rounds because they are the two time President's Trophy winners.

Apparently, Denial aint just a river in Africa, it runs right through downtown Vancouver, too.

If I were a Canuck fan, I'd want to hear, "We got to find another gear and find it right away. We got to open up the shooting gallery and make it rain pucks. We've got to bring an all out assault the likes of something this league ahs never seen before. For just one game, we've got to Get It Done. Then regroup and hammer at away at Game 5".

That's why its exactly so damn funny. Vancouver and their fanbase already had seeded themselves into the Western Conference Winners are were supposed to play Pittsburgh in the finals. Yeah, they won the Presidents trophy all silently, but the best part has just begun. I just hope the island of Vancouver doesn't implode if they do get swept. We all don't want to see the riots like last year. This is exactly what Sedin needed to say though, being down 3-0 I don't think your team, nor fanbase want's the rest assuring words of, "We have them right where we wanted them! Tired and down 0-3!!!"