• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

mancavesonline.com

Must unleash the Mule!

Rate this topic

If were relying on Franzen to break out I think our hopes of winning this series is pretty much down to nothing. I have absolutely zero faith in Franzen and what he brings to this team. What we really need is Jimmy Howard to steal us a game like Rinne just did. Howards save % is sub. 900

He only plays with effort when he gets bashed in the face with a stick.

He really didnt have much effort in that game either. Well other then trying to get revenge and getting a stupid penalty. The only thing he did good after getting the stick in the face is have his ass in the right spot while he was looking the other way to deflect something in. His floating actually paid off for once.

Wow, I am loving this "love" for the Mule...I would have hated to see what would have happened if I started a thread like this. I maintain that if Mule decides to play this way the next two games, he is trade fodder at the draft. At this point I don't even think he could get us Morrow...have to throw in Emmerton...

Wow, I am loving this "love" for the Mule...I would have hated to see what would have happened if I started a thread like this. I maintain that if Mule decides to play this way the next two games, he is trade fodder at the draft. At this point I don't even think he could get us Morrow...have to throw in Emmerton...

You know, I would almost be okay with that trade if Mule keeps playing like he is.

If Mule had half of Helm's heart and 1 of his balls he'd become a true Power Forward!

This is what i find frustrating about him. There are guys on the team that can put in twice the effort as he does, and only have as much talent at they have been blessed with.

Guys like Helm, Eaves, or Connor that put in so much effort, but will always be supporting bottom line guys. Its a shame.

the Franzen from the playoffs in 07-10 (59 points in 51 games including 31 goals) is needed if Detroit is going to win this series.........he can't just go around the ice attempting to injure the opponents, but needs to focus on scoring goals. He has the talent.

If were relying on Franzen to break out I think our hopes of winning this series is pretty much down to nothing. I have absolutely zero faith in Franzen and what he brings to this team. What we really need is Jimmy Howard to steal us a game like Rinne just did. Howards save % is sub. 900

Howard was awesome in Game 2 and pretty much good enough in Game 1 and 3. Not his fault Nashville is badly outshot every game, doesn't favor his SV% when they have 4 shots in a period and one of them is a 2-on-1 that they score on.

Rinne's been lucky too. In Game 3 the Wings missed a goal by 0.1 seconds, and had another clear goal saved by a d-man's stick.

As for Franzen, I thought Game 3 was his best game in a while. Even though he lost his head a few times. Would of course be great if he could find that scoring touch and have one of those epic multi-goal games we know he's capable of. Really I don't give a s*** who scores just as long as we score though. Filppula, Hudler, Abdelkader, Lidstrom, Kronwall.. you could point out many guys that we need production from. This is not like the Pens-Flyers series where goals come free however.

Ohhhh, so he is "leashed", that's the problem? Well then, by all means, "unleash" him :rolleyes:

Franzen has been given every possible opportunity this season and last, always given the best linemate, high ice-time, and plenty of time on the PP. After the last few games, besides the goal that hit his leg giving him another GWG :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:, he has done more harm than good.

Takes retarded retaliatory penalties that leave us short-handed. Shows only flashes of brilliance between long spans of float, and I've only seen him use his size and hands once down low through 3 games. This thread should read "s*** or get off the pot, Johan" (s*** being 'do anything', pot being 'the Datsyuk line')