Ipsa scientia potestas est.

• Silver Booster
  • 9,390 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 06:50 PM

1. Scoring goals
2. Not making boneheaded s***ty plays
3. Scoring goals

electrophilewingsfloyd.jpg

"People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually* from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly... time-y wimey... stuff."  -- The Doctor

#22 Vladifan

Vladifan

Legend

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 5,759 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 06:52 PM

1334611346[/url]' post='2289062']
Kronwall just needs to hammer a few of their star players and get them out of the series.

Good Idea. Then we can move closer to being the Pens of the Midwest.

"He even ate with women who at that time were accorded the same status as the family donkey. Are we willing to break bread with, say, child sex slaves, transgender teens and undocumented workers? Because when Jesus comes back to Earth, that's where he'll be hanging."
You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him.

#23 Electrophile

Electrophile

Ipsa scientia potestas est.

• Silver Booster
  • 9,390 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 06:53 PM

I don't want to be anything like Pittsburgh. If we're going to lose, I'd like to lose with some class, instead of going out like little *******.

electrophilewingsfloyd.jpg

"People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually* from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly... time-y wimey... stuff."  -- The Doctor

#24 Vladifan

Vladifan

Legend

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 5,759 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 06:58 PM

1334611419[/url]' post='2289064']
I very much agree with the OP. May I add to this? how about stop trying to "set up" everything and just drive the net and get to the slot. It'll go a long way there is NO WAY Nashville can hang with a high intensity fast tempo Red Wings

THIS. TRAFFIC! And No more cutesy shots, and keep moving/rotating on the power play.

Edited by Vladifan, 16 April 2012 - 06:59 PM.

"He even ate with women who at that time were accorded the same status as the family donkey. Are we willing to break bread with, say, child sex slaves, transgender teens and undocumented workers? Because when Jesus comes back to Earth, that's where he'll be hanging."
You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him.

#25 Vladifan

Vladifan

Legend

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 5,759 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 07:12 PM

1334620424[/url]' post='2289173']
I don't want to be anything like Pittsburgh. If we're going to lose, I'd like to lose with some class, instead of going out like little *******.

+

#26 Fonzarelli

Fonzarelli

Rookie

• Pip
  • 125 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 07:23 PM

Put Franzen at centre ice. He says that h's more comfortable at this position. He feels more engaged. That alone would be an improvement. Remind actuary that he I still a Redwing. Tell the players a million times plus one to stay out of the penalty box. Tell the hotheads to cool it - namely Franzen and Homer. They must keep their cool. Have the tem warm up for at least an hour before the game. Get them skating so they are ready.

1334622140[/url]' post='2289194']
Put Franzen at centre ice. He says that h's more comfortable at this position. He feels more engaged. That alone would be an improvement. Remind actuary that he I still a Redwing. Tell the players a million times plus one to stay out of the penalty box. Tell the hotheads to cool it - namely Franzen and Homer. They must keep their cool. Have the tem warm up for at least an hour before the game. Get them skating so they are ready.

Stuart, not actuary. Don't know how that showed up.

#27 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,244 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 07:24 PM

I'm going to go against the grain.

1. Howard has to be better. He had some huge saves in the first two games but Game 3 was disappointing.

2. The Wings need to drive to the net even more. Stop trying to be cute. Only shoot from the perimeter if you're going to go in for the rebounds.

3. Keep level-headed. Nashville is calmer and will continue to try to rattle the Wings. Franzen can get angry all he wants, but he needs to be scoring in order to do so without hurting the team.

That's also a good point about Franzen's position. Some of his best hockey was at center, was it not?

Edited by VM1138, 16 April 2012 - 07:26 PM.

Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#28 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,160 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 07:25 PM

1. STOP shooting the glass.
2. Play your ass off the entire game, and not only the 3rd period.
3. Aaron Downey
According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#29 Motown4013

Motown4013

1st Line All-Star

• Silver Booster
  • 1,054 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 07:51 PM

Seems like we agree on most things. I also think we need to get up in Pekkas grill. Someone should be there every time the puck crosses the blue line. Crash the crease and get him thinking about the guy standing in front of him :ph34r:
Raising another Red Wings Fan!

The future looks bright in Hockeytown!

#30 Nightfall

Nightfall

My goal is to deny yours!

• Gold Booster
  • 3,632 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 10:14 PM

Play a full 60 minutes. Wings took the first period off and spotted Nashville a 2 goal lead before they decided to start playing hockey. Nashville did the same thing in Game 2 and it costed them. Who will learn this lesson first and play a full 60 minute game will win the series.

Otherwise, its been a tight series like we thought it was going to be.
Christopher Brian Dudek
My Domain

#31 Johnny Diamonds

Johnny Diamonds

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 769 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 10:52 PM

1. Win more faceoffs (especially the ones in your own end)

2. Possess the puck (MORE)

3. Score more than 2 goals a game.

#32 Cali-Wing-Nut

Cali-Wing-Nut

Guppie Hunter

• PipPipPip
  • 606 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 11:57 PM

1) GET POINTS IN THE PAINT-- We need to crash and we need to bang the s*** out of the puck in front of the crease

2) STAY OUT OF THE BOX- I know its hard to do this considering the disparity in penalties but the less time we are short handed the more time we are 5 on 5 where we shine.

3) MINIMIZE TURNOVERS OF OF LAME PASSES-- We have be caught quite a few times passing VERY soft that leads to either an oddman rush or a full on breakaway. We cant lean on Howie for that type of crap.

Otherwise, keep playing the way we have. We have played pretty damn good save for a few early periods and those are the ones that have been the game maker/breaker.
I'M WRECKING SHOP!!!

#33 SoDakWing

SoDakWing

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 866 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 12:25 AM

1. Score more goals than them.
2. Have them score less goals than us.
3. Combine number 1 and number 2

Edited by SoDakWing, 17 April 2012 - 12:26 AM.

#34 Nev

Nev

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,971 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 12:33 AM

Almost everyone has said it - start playing from the drop of the puck, and play for 60 minutes. We're too evenly matched with Nashville to get away with a 20 minute effort.

And like Jonny Diamonds said above, a few more face-off wins wouldn't go amiss...
"If I can be totally honest, it's not a lot of guys you get impressed by. Actually, it's no one else but him. From the bench, to see what move he makes -- you're like, 'I wish I could do that.' Sometimes you sit on the bench and just think, 'wow,' and you look over to the other bench and they sit there and shake their heads, too. He has great, great skills. I'm probably not going to play with another player who has the kind of skills he has." Mikael Samuelsson on Pavel Datsyuk

#35 Icesurfer

Icesurfer

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 560 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 01:11 AM

First of all, with the excellent forechecking from Nashville the only way to beat it is to make the LONG passes out of your end to a good fast skater. How many long passes have the Wings made out of their end in this series???..... ZERO! It is embarrassing to watch the Wings try to come out of their zone at times.

Secondly, you don't start the game with slow skaters like Bertuzzi, Franzen, Hudler or Homer... that is the kiss of death and you are asking to be buried in your own end and wear out your own D before you even get into the flow of the game. Nashville is fast and they try like hell to get the first goal. The first goal wins the games and wins the series. Get all the fast skaters playing the minutes in the first 5-6 minutes of the game and the majority of the first period.

Third, keep making the shot passes to the skater at the side of Rinne's net or a shot pass to the guy in front. If you think you are going to blow the puck by Rinne from the blue line you are wasting your time. When the shot pass comes the D can move in. It will be Detroit's D who scores the winning goals.... that's how they did it earlier this year and they seem to have forgotten that.

Edited by Icesurfer, 17 April 2012 - 01:14 AM.

Defense and goaltending win championships!!!

#36 IllinoisRedWingsFan

IllinoisRedWingsFan

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 529 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 08:37 PM

1. Score
2. Score
3. Jiri Hudler can't stink.

#37 SaCkaveli20

SaCkaveli20

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,076 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 09:07 PM

1. Score more goals.

That is how you win...remember.

#38 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,160 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 09:20 PM

1. Don't leave the net in the middle of the 3rd period with the game tied.
According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#39 jollymania

jollymania

Heavy Hitter

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,606 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 09:29 PM

inadvertently slash rinne's throat with a skate
"I assure you the hits along the boards he(Aaron Downey) constantly threw SEVERAL TIMES EVERY SHIFT were far more damaging hits that what Kronwall throws."
- uk_redwing
HockeyArchive Twitter

#40 Salviaman

Salviaman

Tool + Red Wings = Bliss

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,247 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 09:30 PM

We can't beat them. They are just the better team this year.
Think for yourself. Question authority. Throughout human history as our species has faced the frightening, terrorizing fact that we do not know who we are or where we are going in this ocean of chance, it has been the authorities, the political, the religious, the educational authorities who attempted to comfort us by giving us order, rules, regulations, informing, forming in our minds their view of reality. To think for yourself you must question authority and learn how to put yourself in a state of vulnerable, open mindedness, chaotic, confused vulnerability to inform yourself.