• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
NickA

Preds not allowed to play ping pong at Joe Louis Arena

Rate this topic

It's not bandwagon when I support the city I have GROWN UP in. The Nashville Predators are my team and always have been. When I was younger and living in Canada I enjoyed hockey but never followed any specific team or built up a dedication. I was in fact a child and had 10000000000 other things to worry about at the time. Sorry if this upsets your balance of thinking but the word bandwagon means something totally different than your assumption of me.

So in other words you probably sucked, good to know. :clap:

Well I think my "assumption" of a member who joined right after the last Stanley Cup for Detroit was fairer than having stereotypes from the Tosh.0 monologue thrown at me for living in Nashville.

IMO

Seriously???? if your feelings are so darned hurt....WHY are you still here?

Actually you are the one who fails, nice try though.

It's not bandwagon when I support the city I have GROWN UP in. The Nashville Predators are my team and always have been. When I was younger and living in Canada I enjoyed hockey but never followed any specific team or built up a dedication. I was in fact a child and had 10000000000 other things to worry about at the time. Sorry if this upsets your balance of thinking but the word bandwagon means something totally different than your assumption of me.

Thanks for playing though, you gave it your best!

There are few Red Wing bandwagon fans. Most of us are fans because our parents were fans, and their parents were fans, and their parents were fans... etc. That kind of tradition and connection to the family stays with you no matter where you live or how long it's been since the last Stanley Cup. Something you can't relate to. The Preds if anyone, could be described as having bandwagon fans since their popularity has no doubt spiked being that they have a chance to do something these playoffs for once and they have brand new disgusting mustard yellow jerseys that you all will delusionally buy.

Please enlighten me in these "other words" how my statement defines me as "probably sucking" at whatever it is you are talking about.

I'm really confused on this one.

When you said...

"When I was younger and living in Canada I enjoyed hockey but never followed any specific team or built up a dedication. I was in fact a child and had 10000000000 other things to worry about at the time."

I remember when I was 5 or 6 years old playing hockey, I didn't have a billion ******* things to worry about. I didn't realize you were such a busy child when you were young. Hey everyone else, did you guys have a busy childhood where you couldn't play any sports? Man your life must suck.

Edited by HadThomasVokounOnFortSt

Did I call you a bandwagoner? Nope, was just asking a question. Again, thicker skin pal. I'm the one who "fails"? Like I just said, I'm no name caller. I just wanted to understand your reasoning behind calling people out for being bandwagoners because of age when you say you learned the game in Canada and are a fan of an American team. Plus, I can see your not here for just talking hockey because I'm the only one talking rationally too you and your using your condescending words and phrases, and exclamation marks which really make you look correct. Well played, I'll move along now because I "failed" in just trying to have a conversation :lol: Them Preds fan, not hostile at all nope.

Well excuse me for being defensive minded when it seems I'm attacked from all directions for simply being a Predators fan with an opinion. Apparently I should be burned at the stake.

Actually I will talk hockey all day with you.

Like I said I came into chat the other day to say good game and discuss the game and was instantly attacked. Called a troll then mocked and informed my team was all goaltending and goons. :Shrugs:

Like I said on the Predators board I frequent we are having civil conversations with Wings fans and not one name has been called. So if anyone is Hostile I'm sorry to inform you it's the Red Wings fans on this site. At least the ones I've encountered.

There are few Red Wing bandwagon fans. Most of us are fans because our parents were fans, and their parents were fans, and their parents were fans... etc. That kind of tradition and connection to the family stays with you no matter where you live or how long it's been since the last Stanley Cup. Something you can't relate to. The Preds if anyone, could be described as having bandwagon fans since their popularity has no doubt spiked being that they have a chance to do something these playoffs for once and they have brand new disgusting mustard yellow jerseys that you all will delusionally buy.

Exactly.

I have never dismissed this fact. I know the difference between most bandwagon sports fans and diehards who live the team/sport like it's the only thing that matters in life.

I'm sorry Nashville hasn't had a team for 80+ years and that I can't garner your approval of being a true Smashville fan because of so. I will continue to do my best though.

Also yes I haven't been a fan of the new yellow (gold they claim) I still wear my dark blue alternate Weber jersey to all games ;)

Exactly.

I have never dismissed this fact. I know the difference between most bandwagon sports fans and diehards who live the team/sport like it's the only thing that matters in life.

I'm sorry Nashville hasn't had a team for 80+ years and that I can't garner your approval of being a true Smashville fan because of so. I will continue to do my best though.

Also yes I haven't been a fan of the new yellow (gold they claim) I still wear my dark blue alternate Weber jersey to all games ;)

Yeah...Brilliant move, come on here and talk about your Weber Jersey...:lol:

Have I called you a bandwagon fan?

No...I don't believe I have. Sorry for your misconception.

You inferred it telling an 18 year old that they were. Since I was 18 when they had just won TWO IN A ROW you would have said that to me as well by comparison.

Correlation must be two too many consonants for you to mentally grasp.

I guess its easier when youre a Preds fan and dont have a bandwagon to jump on OR off of lol.

Why the f*** is that person still posting? Where are the mods?

Why do the MODS need to be here? I've haven't personally attacked anyone. It's quite the contra-ire actually.

I sense something is starting to get irked that simply insulting the place I hang my hat isn't enough to drive me away from intelligently having a conversation.

Sorry.

You inferred it telling an 18 year old that they were. Since I was 18 when they had just won TWO IN A ROW you would have said that to me as well by comparison.

Correlation must be two too many consonants for you to mentally grasp.

I guess its easier when youre a Preds fan and dont have a bandwagon to jump on OR off of lol.

"Correlation must be two too many consonants"

How does that even remotely make sense.

The relationship between the two comments must be too many speech sounds for me to mentally grasp?

So, going back to Bert and the original topic. Yes it was immature, but it's also hilarious, and if the Predators are petty enough to have this affect them, even better!

I agree it has it's funny side to it. I also agree it's immature. I mean it's over and done with, move on. Leave it all on the ice for Pete's sake. I mean I guess Nashville could retaliate by barring the Red Wings from practicing on their ice before game 5 and tell them to bring their own ice with them. :shrugs:

I mean it looks like Bertuzzi & the Red Wings have moved on from him ending a guys career so I don't understand why this whole "we are still mad at weber/nashville" thing hasn't been squashed.

So, going back to Bert and the original topic. Yes it was immature, but it's also hilarious, and if the Predators are petty enough to have this affect them, even better!

I haven't been able to find anything on it??? I tried Twitter, but i don't really know much about twitter so I`ll probably never find it on there

"Correlation must be two too many consonants"

How does that even remotely make sense.

The relationship between the two comments must be too many speech sounds for me to mentally grasp?

Ill make it simpler to understand...

I used a big word to contradict the fact that you didnt call me a bandwagoneer. Figured you didnt catch it cause the name for it is CORRELATION and since its a big word you wouldnt understand what it meant.

that ping pong table might of had a red wing germs on it,so i am glad that bertuzzi took it,would not want the preds players to catch something before they take game 4 tomorrow

And yet, living in Trashville, people aren't afraid of catching something from their "sister-cousin".

1334631856[/url]' post='2289345']

I agree it has it's funny side to it. I also agree it's immature. I mean it's over and done with, move on. Leave it all on the ice for Pete's sake. I mean I guess Nashville could retaliate by barring the Red Wings from practicing on their ice before game 5 and tell them to bring their own ice with them. :shrugs:

I mean it looks like Bertuzzi & the Red Wings have moved on from him ending a guys career so I don't understand why this whole "we are still mad at weber/nashville" thing hasn't been squashed.

While the preds probably recognized this for what it was, a harmless prank, you're being ridiculous by suggesting they take away ice time. I see why everyone in this thread has been giving you s***; your reactions are just too good to ignore. In fact, Your overblown reaction is the exact thing Bert was trying to get from the preds.

As for your second comment, that is so stupid that it doesn't deserve a response.

1334631872[/url]' post='2289348']

I haven't been able to find anything on it??? I tried Twitter, but i don't really know much about twitter so I`ll probably never find it on there

I haven't seen any more information than what's in the original post. But I'm sure it will come up in Bert's next interview.