• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
NickA

Preds not allowed to play ping pong at Joe Louis Arena

Rate this topic

While the preds probably recognized this for what it was, a harmless prank, you're being ridiculous by suggesting they take away ice time. I see why everyone in this thread has been giving you s***; your reactions are just too good to ignore. In fact, Your overblown reaction is the exact thing Bert was trying to get from the preds.

As for your second comment, that is so stupid that it doesn't deserve a response.

Yeah it's kind of obvious I'm not really expecting ice time to be taken away. Come on now...

Why is the second statement stupid? He sucker punched and ended Steve Moore's career. I think he should have been permanently removed from the NHL. You however praise him and expect him to keep being a goon.

Ill make it simpler to understand...

I used a big word to contradict the fact that you didnt call me a bandwagoneer. Figured you didnt catch it cause the name for it is CORRELATION and since its a big word you wouldnt understand what it meant.

I understand what correlation means.

I do not however understand what "two too many consonants" has to do with the word?

Correlation is not two consonants. Consonant is not even a description of the word correlation.

You used the word consonant in your sentence as a noun.

con·so·nant

   [kon-suh-nuhnt] Show IPA noun 1. Phonetics . a. (in English articulation) a speech sound produced by occluding with or without releasing (p, b; t, d; k, g), diverting (m, n, ng), or obstructing (f, v; s, z, etc.) the flow of air from the lungs ( opposed to vowel). b. (in a syllable) any sound other than the sound of greatest sonority in the syllable, as b, r, and g in brig ( opposed to sonant). Compare vowel ( def. 1b ) . c. (in linguistic function) a concept empirically determined as a phonological element in structural contrast with vowel, as the b of be, the w of we, the y, s, and t of yeast, etc. 2. a letter that usually represents a consonant sound.

Sorry but you butchered the usage of that word and I called you out on it. Please stop acting smarting than you really are :)

1334632567[/url]' post='2289362']

Yeah it's kind of obvious I'm not really expecting ice time to be taken away. Come on now...

Why is the second statement stupid? He sucker punched and ended Steve Moore's career. I think he should have been permanently removed from the NHL. You however praise him and expect him to keep being a goon.

To put it simply, Bert's done his time; changed his approach to the game, and still feels terrible about what happened. Weber on the other hand, did something Just as malicious. Yeah, you can argue that, unlike Bert, it was in the heat of the moment, and luckily didn't have any lasting effects, but it was in the same vein. Not to mention it happened less than a week ago!

I agree it has it's funny side to it. I also agree it's immature. I mean it's over and done with, move on. Leave it all on the ice for Pete's sake. I mean I guess Nashville could retaliate by barring the Red Wings from practicing on their ice before game 5 and tell them to bring their own ice with them. :shrugs:

I mean it looks like Bertuzzi & the Red Wings have moved on from him ending a guys career so I don't understand why this whole "we are still mad at weber/nashville" thing hasn't been squashed.

Actually Nashville can't bar the wings from practicing on their ice before a game. Couldn't even imagine what would happen if they tried.

To put it simply, Bert's done his time; changed his approach to the game, and still feels terrible about what happened. Weber on the other hand, did something Just as malicious. Yeah, you can argue that, unlike Bert, it was in the heat of the moment, and luckily didn't have any lasting effects, but it was in the same vein. Not to mention it happened less than a week ago!

Him doing his time is your opinion. I for one do not think ending someone's hockey career with a sucker punch attack should ever have a "time served" option.

Hell Weber didn't even injure Zetterberg and most Red Wings fans want him dead and probably always will from what I've read.

I'm just trying to understand the two is all.

Oh and Bert changing his game? That's a laugh! He still sucker punches people, aka at the end of game 1 on Gaustad who had already been separated Datsyuk and up against the glass with a ref.

http://detroit.sbnation.com/detroit-red-wings/2012/4/16/2953663/todd-bertuzzi-ping-pong-table-predators-red-wings

"Today, Predators players were using the ping pong tables in the hallway outside of the locker rooms. Todd Bertuzzi saw this and then told them if they wanted to play they needed their own table, then folded up the table, and rolled it into the Wings locker room."

Edited by robat

http://detroit.sbnation.com/detroit-...tors-red-wings

"Today, Predators players were using the ping pong tables in the hallway outside of the locker rooms. Todd Bertuzzi saw this and then told them if they wanted to play they needed their own table, then folded up the table, and rolled it into the Wings locker room."

The link isn't working for me

I understand what correlation means.

I do not however understand what "two too many consonants" has to do with the word?

Correlation is not two consonants. Consonant is not even a description of the word correlation.

You used the word consonant in your sentence as a noun.

con·so·nant

   [kon-suh-nuhnt] Show IPA noun 1. Phonetics . a. (in English articulation) a speech sound produced by occluding with or without releasing (p, b; t, d; k, g), diverting (m, n, ng), or obstructing (f, v; s, z, etc.) the flow of air from the lungs ( opposed to vowel). b. (in a syllable) any sound other than the sound of greatest sonority in the syllable, as b, r, and g in brig ( opposed to sonant). Compare vowel ( def. 1b ) . c. (in linguistic function) a concept empirically determined as a phonological element in structural contrast with vowel, as the b of be, the w of we, the y, s, and t of yeast, etc. 2. a letter that usually represents a consonant sound.

Sorry but you butchered the usage of that word and I called you out on it. Please stop acting smarting than you really are :)

SMARTING???

Two too many consonants meaning a word with more consonants than say LOSER. Big words with multiple consonants like intelligence are TWO TOO MANY CONSONANTS IN A WORD FOR YOU TO UNDERSTAND.

Get it?

SMARTING???

Two too many consonants meaning a word with more consonants than say LOSER. Big words with multiple consonants like intelligence are TWO TOO MANY CONSONANTS IN A WORD FOR YOU TO UNDERSTAND.

Get it?

Whoops a typo. Obviously meant smarter, but still only a misspell not a misuse of a word.

You could have said "Correlation must have too many consonants for you to understand" but even then the word is not entirely made up of consonants so it still remains misused. You said "two too many" as opposed to what other word. You said it had 2 more consonants than say another word? I'm still baffled by the whole thing. I think you tried to sound intelligent but botched it right out of the gate.

I'm sorry you just didn't fully grasp the English language growing up.

Whoops a typo. Obviously meant smarter, but still only a misspell not a misuse of a word.

You could have said "Correlation must have too many consonants for you to understand" but even then the word is not entirely made up of consonants so it still remains misused. You said "two too many" as opposed to what other word. You said it had 2 more consonants than say another word? I'm still baffled by the whole thing. I think you tried to sound intelligent but botched it right out of the gate.

I'm sorry you just didn't fully grasp the English language growing up.

Im not teaching english as a second language am I?

Correlation means, "IN RELATION TO SOMETIHNG".

You said I wasnt a bandwagoneer but you did call a kid one because they enrolled on this board after they won in 08.

The CORRELATION is that if I was having this conversation when I was 18 I would have been called a bandwagoneer because of my age and when the Wings had last won the cup.

THAT IS THE CORRELATION.

Now on to you. You didnt seem to comprehend that when you said that I wasnt a bandwagoneer.

There for I said CORRELATION is a word with TWO TOO MANY CONSONANTS. That means it was a long word with TWO MORE CONSONANTS than you can comprehend and had nothing to do with the word itself. It only meens that you seemingly cant engage in even semi-intelligent conversation which proved my original point.

Edited by Cali-Wing-Nut

Im not teaching english as a second language am I?

Correlation means, "IN RELATION TO SOMETIHNG".

You said I wasnt a bandwagoneer but you did call a kid one because they enrolled on this board after they won in 08.

The CORRELATION is that if I was having this conversation when I was 18 I would have been called a bandwagoneer because of my age and when the Wings had last won the cup.

THAT IS THE CORRELATION.

Now on to you. You didnt seem to comprehend that when you said that I wasnt a bandwagoneer.

There for I said CORRELATION is a word with TWO TOO MANY CONSONANTS. That means it was a long word with TWO MORE CONSONANTS than you can comprehend and had nothing to do with the word itself. It only meens that you seemingly cant engage in even semi-intelligent conversation which proved my original point.

Ok look I completely understood the word correlation and it's relevance to your sentence. I know where you were going with the word correlation. That has been addressed.

I'm telling you that by saying two too many consonants that you are sounding ignorant.

So the word CORRELATION has two too many consonants.

I guess then it has just enough vowels for me to understand then because that's what words are made up of.

You insinuated that the word was all consonants and just two too many for me to comprehend.

C,R,R,L,T,N are the only consonants. The rest are vowels. So how exactly does that make sense let alone qualify as a dignified insult pertaining to my education?

You could've saved yourself a lot of time and actually been off the hook had you said the word was just too big. Too many syllables or too many letters. Instead you narrowed it down to consonants and frankly came off silly in doing so.

It's ok though. The original point stands. I didn't call you a bandwagon fan and just because I used a join date for a kid in calling him one doesn't mean you were dragged in with him. Next time try to focus on things I say if they have your name in them :)

Edited by GetToDaChoppah

Ok look I completely understood the word correlation and it's relevance to your sentence. I know where you were going with the word correlation. That has been addressed.

I'm telling you that by saying two too many consonants that you are sounding ignorant.

So the word CORRELATION has two too many consonants.

I guess then it has just enough vowels for me to understand then because that's what words are made up of.

You insinuated that the word was all consonants and just two too many for me to comprehend.

C,R,R,L,T,N are the only consonants. The rest are vowels. So how exactly does that make sense let alone qualify as a dignified insult pertaining to my education?

You could've saved yourself a lot of time and actually been off the hook had you said the word was just too big. Too many syllables or too many letters. Instead you narrowed it down to consonants and frankly came off silly in doing so.

It's ok though. The original point stands. I didn't call you a bandwagon fan and just because I used a join date for a kid in calling him one doesn't mean you were dragged in with him. Next time try to focus on things I say if they have your name in them :)

MY bad, I should have stuck to more simplistic insults for you.