• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
NickA

Preds not allowed to play ping pong at Joe Louis Arena

Rate this topic

See here is the big difference between our fans.

I have NEVER said the Red Wings were trash or not talented.

I have NEVER dismissed the fact they have a history of excellence eras.

11 Cups is a nice stat for a team, and apparently for a fan to toss around like a used hooker.

Nashville has no Western Conference Titles, Division Titles or Stanley Cups but I hardly hold those stats against them when referencing their current and past talents. Let's be real here the Red Wings have been around what... 86 years vs the Predators 14. It's not exactly fair to compare in that essence. Stop playing hockey for 72 more years then let's compare our team's accolades. Until then stop riding the high horse of a franchise that did most of that before 95% of you were even thought about.

That's what truly makes you look dumb IMHO.

Yeah but guess what...they don't! They are a little more classy and tend not to use winning something in the past as a CURRENT reference to their team.

The bad thing is the majority of Red Wings fans who throw that stat out there have not been alive for more than the most recent 4, yet live off the others like they were in some guys testicles wearing a Gordie Howe jersey.

I just find it silly to resort (when losing a battle of wits) to bringing up things that happened 20+ years prior to my birth.

You're full of energy tonight huh choppa....did you toss some extra sugar in your sweet tea tonight?

Interesting you would say that, I'm 18 so when I signed up I would of been 15 only.

But good try redneck.

Ahh 15...such a good age to cling onto a hockey team that JUST won the STANLEY CUP and claim you've been a lifelong fan.

I'm sure that's not the case though! ;)

Let's keep going with stats, I'm finding it quite the nostalgic experience.

The Predators have a 14 year Stanley Cup drought, yes that much is true.

The Red Wings had a 41 year drought....ouch.

I bet you guys had a rough time defending yourselves during that stretch huh? Oh that's right none of you were alive for the majority of it!

You're full of energy tonight huh choppa....did you toss some extra sugar in your sweet tea tonight?

Raspberry Sweet Tea ;)

I noticed you joined this site after they won their last Cup...coincidence?

I'm sure it's not.

Either that or you were late on the whole "Internet" boom thing...doubtful though.

What purpose exactly are you posting all this fun stuff on here for? Wow Kevin Klein went shelf on Howie and made a great move, cool. I remember back in 1997 a guy named McCarty who wasn't exactly a goal scorer putting a great move on the Flyers d-man and scoring. You don't see me posting on a Flyers board about it. Oh and I know you'll pull the "stop bringing up things that happened in the past" card, so lets live in the present. Your Preds have played well, I'll give ya that pal. But if Franzen's goal was a half a second quicker, that game could've been totally different. But wait, your gonna pull the "lets not talk hypotheticals here" card so... do you see where I'm going with this? Your always gonna have an excuse to try to make your argument "win" or "hold more water" then us "delusional, past living" Red Wings fans. Do me a favor, talk hockey like the rest of us, or give it a rest trying to convince Red Wings fans during the playoffs against your team, that you are correct in any of your assessments and arguments.

Plus, I bet if it was Weber taking away the Preds ping pong table from the Wings I could go on the Preds forum and you'll be laughing it up. It's funny man, grow some thicker skin and chill :lol:

11 Cups is a nice stat for a team, and apparently for a fan to toss around like a used hooker.

Nashville has no Western Conference Titles, Division Titles or Stanley Cups but I hardly hold those stats against them when referencing their current and past talents. Let's be real here the Red Wings have been around what... 86 years vs the Predators 14. It's not exactly fair to compare in that essence. Stop playing hockey for 72 more years then let's compare our team's accolades. Until then stop riding the high horse of a franchise that did most of that before 95% of you were even thought about.

Well if you want to compare fans...let me tell you about my experience when i went on the Preds board a couple years ago,,,,i went their to congratulate them on how well the team was doing and was told in some not so nice words to leave their board...and i had said nothing even remotely nasty...except on my way out! so i dont care to hear about the poor misunderstood Preds fans!

Ahh 15...such a good age to cling onto a hockey team that JUST won the STANLEY CUP and claim you've been a lifelong fan.

Actually I have pictures of me in a Red Wings jersey when I was a little kid, but I better not show them to you because your a fan of the Predators so more then likely you are a predator. Probably try and come find me.

And man must be cool to just learn hockey a month ago in Hicktown.

Hey is this Nashville theme song?

We could start 6 years ago and the Wings would still own you in EVERY category. If we go back to 98 when your team first started, its down right embarrassing.

Short of it, we dont need to go back 72 years, I only need to add up the last couple of years to make your team look horrible.

Well if you want to compare fans...let me tell you about my experience when i went on the Preds board a couple years ago,,,,i went their to congratulate them on how well the team was doing and was told in some not so nice words to leave their board...and i had said nothing even remotely nasty...except on my way out! so i dont care to hear about the poor misunderstood Preds fans!

If you are talking about the boards associated with the NHL site then you are mistaken. We welcome all fans and actually have a few Red Wing fans on their now discussion daily the breakdowns of the games.

Oh and we don't call each other names either ;)

We could start 6 years ago and the Wings would still own you in EVERY category. If we go back to 98 when your team first started, its down right embarrassing.

Short of it, we dont need to go back 72 years, I only need to add up the last couple of years to make your team look horrible.

I thought Bettmans BRAIN STORM to put ICE HOCKEY in Tennessee was in 95, but i could be wrong?

If you are talking about the boards associated with the NHL site then you are mistaken. We welcome all fans and actually have a few Red Wing fans on their now discussion daily the breakdowns of the games.

Oh and we don't call each other names either ;)

Well that's a flat out lie!!! that's the reason i stay off other teams boards!!!

Actually I have pictures of me in a Red Wings jersey when I was a little kid, but I better not show them to you because your a fan of the Predators so more then likely you are a predator. Probably try and come find me.

And man must be cool to just learn hockey a month ago in Hicktown.

Hey is this Nashville theme song?

Hey that's a catchy song, never heard it before. Makes sense though I'm not much of a country music fan. Though if I had to pick between the birthplace of country music (Nashville) and the birthplace of techno (Detroit) well then I guess I'll be yeehawing all night. Techno is just silly noise.

I have actually known hockey all my life because I wasn't born in Nashville but I have lived here since the expansion. I'm originally from Canada where I "learned" and played hockey til my family moved to the U.S. :D Love this country by the way and Nashville is an awesome place. Tennessee as a whole is a beautiful state. Too bad you're on the outside looking in and with horrible assumptions.

Yeah but guess what...they don't! They are a little more classy and tend not to use winning something in the past as a CURRENT reference to their team.

The bad thing is the majority of Red Wings fans who throw that stat out there have not been alive for more than the most recent 4, yet live off the others like they were in some guys testicles wearing a Gordie Howe jersey.

I just find it silly to resort (when losing a battle of wits) to bringing up things that happened 20+ years prior to my birth.

is that around the time your Dad starting courting his cousin?

Hey that's a catchy song, never heard it before. Makes sense though I'm not much of a country music fan. Though if I had to pick between the birthplace of country music (Nashville) and the birthplace of techno (Detroit) well then I guess I'll be yeehawing all night. Techno is just silly noise.

I have actually known hockey all my life because I wasn't born in Nashville but I have lived here since the expansion. I'm originally from Canada where I "learned" and played hockey til my family moved to the U.S. :D Love this country by the way and Nashville is an awesome place. Tennessee as a whole is a beautiful state. Too bad you're on the outside looking in and with horrible assumptions.

Now your really making this fun. So your calling all the young people on here bandwagon fans, how old were you when you moved to Nashville? You learned and played hockey in Canada, so who was YOUR favorite team during that time? Couldn't have been the Preds, because you just said you've lived there since 98 when they became a hockey team. Gotta watch what you say pal, your not smarter then everyone like you think you are :hehe:

What purpose exactly are you posting all this fun stuff on here for? Wow Kevin Klein went shelf on Howie and made a great move, cool. I remember back in 1997 a guy named McCarty who wasn't exactly a goal scorer putting a great move on the Flyers d-man and scoring. You don't see me posting on a Flyers board about it. Oh and I know you'll pull the "stop bringing up things that happened in the past" card, so lets live in the present. Your Preds have played well, I'll give ya that pal. But if Franzen's goal was a half a second quicker, that game could've been totally different. But wait, your gonna pull the "lets not talk hypotheticals here" card so... do you see where I'm going with this? Your always gonna have an excuse to try to make your argument "win" or "hold more water" then us "delusional, past living" Red Wings fans. Do me a favor, talk hockey like the rest of us, or give it a rest trying to convince Red Wings fans during the playoffs against your team, that you are correct in any of your assessments and arguments.

Plus, I bet if it was Weber taking away the Preds ping pong table from the Wings I could go on the Preds forum and you'll be laughing it up. It's funny man, grow some thicker skin and chill :lol:

I have been talking hockey friend. I think it's been the opposing posters who have been resorting to going off topic and grossly misjudging me as "Hick", "Redneck" & many others.

I could conjure up 1000 different stereotypes for Detroit natives but I'm not a child.

Oh and the jab at Detroit's economy isn't a stereotype, it's a true statement. Calling me anything other than a Nashville Predators hockey fan is an assumption and we all know that story :)

I thought Bettmans BRAIN STORM to put ICE HOCKEY in Tennessee was in 95, but i could be wrong?

They "played" their first season in 98..

I know, I know its pretty easy to forget about a team as lousy as Nashville. BTW didnt go to the playoffs for 5 or 6 years to start. I dont care to look it up, Im sure Choppa will remind me about the Preds outstanding post season records including who got the most hole in 1s and the hardest course to shoot par on.

I have been talking hockey friend. I think it's been the opposing posters who have been resorting to going off topic and grossly misjudging me as "Hick", "Redneck" & many others.

I could conjure up 1000 different stereotypes for Detroit natives but I'm not a child.

Oh and the jab at Detroit's economy isn't a stereotype, it's a true statement. Calling me anything other than a Nashville Predators hockey fan is an assumption and we all know that story :)

Fair points. I'm not a name caller, I just wanna know why you call the young posters bangwagon fans, yet you say you moved to Nashville after expansion. When you lived in Canada, learning and playing the game you must've had a favorite team, no?

Now your really making this fun. So your calling all the young people on here bandwagon fans, how old were you when you moved to Nashville? You learned and played hockey in Canada, so who was YOUR favorite team during that time? Couldn't have been the Preds, because you just said you've lived there since 98 when they became a hockey team. Gotta watch what you say pal, your not smarter then everyone like you think you are :hehe:

Actually you are the one who fails, nice try though.

It's not bandwagon when I support the city I have GROWN UP in. The Nashville Predators are my team and always have been. When I was younger and living in Canada I enjoyed hockey but never followed any specific team or built up a dedication. I was in fact a child and had 10000000000 other things to worry about at the time. Sorry if this upsets your balance of thinking but the word bandwagon means something totally different than your assumption of me.

Thanks for playing though, you gave it your best!

It's not bandwagon when I support the city I have GROWN UP in. The Nashville Predators are my team and always have been. When I was younger and living in Canada I enjoyed hockey but never followed any specific team or built up a dedication. I was in fact a child and had 10000000000 other things to worry about at the time. Sorry if this upsets your balance of thinking but the word bandwagon means something totally different than your assumption of me.

So in other words...you moved to Tennessee and jumped on the NEW bandwagon

Did I call you a bandwagoner? Nope, was just asking a question. Again, thicker skin pal. I'm the one who "fails"? Like I just said, I'm no name caller. I just wanted to understand your reasoning behind calling people out for being bandwagoners because of age when you say you learned the game in Canada and are a fan of an American team. Plus, I can see your not here for just talking hockey because I'm the only one talking rationally too you and your using your condescending words and phrases, and exclamation marks which really make you look correct. Well played, I'll move along now because I "failed" in just trying to have a conversation :lol: Them Preds fan, not hostile at all nope.

Edited by Detroit # 1 Fan

So being 31 and growing up a Wings fan makes me Bandwagon? You know, since I didnt see them win the cup when my dad was 3.

Fair points. I'm not a name caller, I just wanna know why you call the young posters bangwagon fans, yet you say you moved to Nashville after expansion. When you lived in Canada, learning and playing the game you must've had a favorite team, no?

Well I think my "assumption" of a member who joined right after the last Stanley Cup for Detroit was fairer than having stereotypes from the Tosh.0 monologue thrown at me for living in Nashville.

IMO