Has Nashville won a Stanley Cup?

Follow me on Twitter: @W2G4U

#62 purrrnella

purrrnella

Rookie

• Pip
  • 128 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 08:47 PM

You guys need to learn the meaning to words before you erroneously throw them around.

"In Internet slang, a troll is someone who posts inflammatory,[2] extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community."

I have done no such thing. I'm commenting on the topic of Baby Bertuzzi allegedly pulling this little stunt. Then commenting on how thrilled you guys get over it when you should be worrying how you're going to get pucks past Pekka Rinne and convince Howard to actually stop a few.

Kevin Klein scored on you like it was his job...that's embarrassing and I LOVE THE PREDS!

However if this is the only thing associated with the Red Wings that can bring you joy (because their play obviously can't) then by all means have a blast!

Oh and please keep being original and telling me how I have sexual relations with sheep, live in Hickville oh and ever so fresh "We have more cups than you" jab that is universally known as the Bandwagon Red Wings insult.

You Idiots haven't been around long enough to even know what the hell a bandwagon even is!!...haywagon yeah!
Posted Image

#63 edicius

edicius

Professional drinker.

• HoF Booster
  • 25,212 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 08:48 PM

Posted Image

ABV_sig.png

Can't listen live? Check out MoreLikeRadio.org for show archives!

#64 purrrnella

purrrnella

Rookie

• Pip
  • 128 posts

Nope
Posted Image

#65 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,611 posts

It's cute to see the Red Wings fans getting all excited about this toy tantrum Bertuzzi threw.

I mean that's really all you have to smile about seeing as you're down 2-1, very possibly 3-1 after tomorrow night before heading back to "CAPITOL OF HICKVILLE" ... lol Capitol...and we're uneducated?

Continue being immature like your players and enjoy the off season :D

Let me explain something to you since your team is still new to this whole playoff thing: You do everything and anything, no matter how small, to screw with the other team. Yeah, it's childish, but it's part of the whole experience.
Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#66 edicius

edicius

Professional drinker.

• HoF Booster
  • 25,212 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 08:50 PM

Look at the cute l'il Preds fans pulling a Crosby.

ABV_sig.png

Can't listen live? Check out MoreLikeRadio.org for show archives!

#67 GetToDaChoppah

GetToDaChoppah

Prospect

• 49 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 08:50 PM

Red Wings scored like it's there job as well, youf****** moron.

So why don't you go outside and milk your cows, or drive around your beater truck. Whatever the hell you hicks who think they know what there talking about.

GetToDaGolfCourse!

ANYBODY on the Red Wings could score on the Preds and it wouldn't hold a candle to KEVIN KLEIN putting a move on your defenders and going shelf on Jimmy Howard. I think all of us hicks down here in Nashville spit our dip all over the screen when that happened. I know we had a good laugh about it. "Hell if Kleiner is scoring then I know we got this series in the bag" was one of my favorite quotes from the viewing party.

Enjoy your thriving economy in Detroit!

#68 HadThomasVokounOnFortSt

HadThomasVokounOnFortSt

Hi

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,133 posts
  • Location:Cloudy Town, Minnesota. 762.20 miles from the Joe Louis Arena

Posted 16 April 2012 - 08:51 PM

Nope

Have they won the Western Conference Finals, or better yet have they ever made it there? :unsure:

Enjoy your thriving economy in Detroit!

I don't live in Detroit...

#69 PredsFanTheBayouState

PredsFanTheBayouState

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 497 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 08:51 PM

no,but that doesn't mean that they won't win one eventually

#70 GetToDaChoppah

GetToDaChoppah

Prospect

• 49 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 08:53 PM

Have they won the Western Conference Finals, or better yet have they ever made it there? :unsure:

I don't live in Detroit...

I noticed you joined this site after they won their last Cup...coincidence?

I'm sure it's not.

Either that or you were late on the whole "Internet" boom thing...doubtful though.

#71 purrrnella

purrrnella

Rookie

• Pip
  • 128 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 08:54 PM

Better hope Bettman stays alive...hate to see one of his PROJECTS go down the s***ter!
Posted Image

#72 Cali-Wing-Nut

Cali-Wing-Nut

Guppie Hunter

• PipPipPip
  • 614 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 08:56 PM

Yeah but guess what...they don't! They are a little more classy and tend not to use winning something in the past as a CURRENT reference to their team.

The bad thing is the majority of Red Wings fans who throw that stat out there have not been alive for more than the most recent 4, yet live off the others like they were in some guys testicles wearing a Gordie Howe jersey.

I just find it silly to resort (when losing a battle of wits) to bringing up things that happened 20+ years prior to my birth.

Ok we've won 4 more cups since your teams inception. More Presidents trophies, Conn's, Norris', divisionals, 100 point seasons since the Hicksville Pussycats were given a chance at being considered a respectable hockey team.

I could go on and I might, but you need to give credit before running your mouth. You haven't won yet and if memory serves me, we happened to beat your team in the 1st round TWICE in 6 games. Food for thought.
I'M WRECKING SHOP!!!

#73 purrrnella

purrrnella

Rookie

• Pip
  • 128 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 08:57 PM

I'm sure it's not.

Either that or you were late on the whole "Internet" boom thing...doubtful though.

some people have more than one site they post on, and plus a lot of people lost their status when boards changed over to another system....like in 09.....good try though!
Posted Image

#74 HadThomasVokounOnFortSt

HadThomasVokounOnFortSt

Hi

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,133 posts
  • Location:Cloudy Town, Minnesota. 762.20 miles from the Joe Louis Arena

Posted 16 April 2012 - 08:58 PM

I'm sure it's not.

Interesting you would say that, I'm 18 so when I signed up I would of been 15 only.

But good try redneck.

#75 Cali-Wing-Nut

Cali-Wing-Nut

Guppie Hunter

• PipPipPip
  • 614 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 09:00 PM

LMFAO

I may win the Lottery eventually
I'M WRECKING SHOP!!!

#76 GetToDaChoppah

GetToDaChoppah

Prospect

• 49 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 09:00 PM

See here is the big difference between our fans.

I have NEVER said the Red Wings were trash or not talented.

I have NEVER dismissed the fact they have a history of excellence eras.

11 Cups is a nice stat for a team, and apparently for a fan to toss around like a used hooker.

Nashville has no Western Conference Titles, Division Titles or Stanley Cups but I hardly hold those stats against them when referencing their current and past talents. Let's be real here the Red Wings have been around what... 86 years vs the Predators 14. It's not exactly fair to compare in that essence. Stop playing hockey for 72 more years then let's compare our team's accolades. Until then stop riding the high horse of a franchise that did most of that before 95% of you were even thought about.

That's what truly makes you look dumb IMHO.

#77 beachwing

beachwing

Reader

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,253 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 09:04 PM

Yeah but guess what...they don't! They are a little more classy and tend not to use winning something in the past as a CURRENT reference to their team.

The bad thing is the majority of Red Wings fans who throw that stat out there have not been alive for more than the most recent 4, yet live off the others like they were in some guys testicles wearing a Gordie Howe jersey.

I just find it silly to resort (when losing a battle of wits) to bringing up things that happened 20+ years prior to my birth.

You're full of energy tonight huh choppa....did you toss some extra sugar in your sweet tea tonight?

#78 GetToDaChoppah

GetToDaChoppah

Prospect

• 49 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 09:07 PM

Interesting you would say that, I'm 18 so when I signed up I would of been 15 only.

But good try redneck.

Ahh 15...such a good age to cling onto a hockey team that JUST won the STANLEY CUP and claim you've been a lifelong fan.

I'm sure that's not the case though! ;)

Let's keep going with stats, I'm finding it quite the nostalgic experience.

The Predators have a 14 year Stanley Cup drought, yes that much is true.

The Red Wings had a 41 year drought....ouch.

I bet you guys had a rough time defending yourselves during that stretch huh? Oh that's right none of you were alive for the majority of it!

You're full of energy tonight huh choppa....did you toss some extra sugar in your sweet tea tonight?

Raspberry Sweet Tea ;)

#79 Detroit # 1 Fan

Detroit # 1 Fan

Truculence.

• HoF Booster
  • 19,079 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 09:08 PM

I'm sure it's not.

What purpose exactly are you posting all this fun stuff on here for? Wow Kevin Klein went shelf on Howie and made a great move, cool. I remember back in 1997 a guy named McCarty who wasn't exactly a goal scorer putting a great move on the Flyers d-man and scoring. You don't see me posting on a Flyers board about it. Oh and I know you'll pull the "stop bringing up things that happened in the past" card, so lets live in the present. Your Preds have played well, I'll give ya that pal. But if Franzen's goal was a half a second quicker, that game could've been totally different. But wait, your gonna pull the "lets not talk hypotheticals here" card so... do you see where I'm going with this? Your always gonna have an excuse to try to make your argument "win" or "hold more water" then us "delusional, past living" Red Wings fans. Do me a favor, talk hockey like the rest of us, or give it a rest trying to convince Red Wings fans during the playoffs against your team, that you are correct in any of your assessments and arguments.

Plus, I bet if it was Weber taking away the Preds ping pong table from the Wings I could go on the Preds forum and you'll be laughing it up. It's funny man, grow some thicker skin and chill :lol:

#NOMOREKINDL

#80 purrrnella

purrrnella

Rookie

• Pip
  • 128 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 09:09 PM

See here is the big difference between our fans.

I have NEVER said the Red Wings were trash or not talented.

I have NEVER dismissed the fact they have a history of excellence eras.

11 Cups is a nice stat for a team, and apparently for a fan to toss around like a used hooker.

Nashville has no Western Conference Titles, Division Titles or Stanley Cups but I hardly hold those stats against them when referencing their current and past talents. Let's be real here the Red Wings have been around what... 86 years vs the Predators 14. It's not exactly fair to compare in that essence. Stop playing hockey for 72 more years then let's compare our team's accolades. Until then stop riding the high horse of a franchise that did most of that before 95% of you were even thought about.

That's what truly makes you look dumb IMHO.

Well if you want to compare fans...let me tell you about my experience when i went on the Preds board a couple years ago,,,,i went their to congratulate them on how well the team was doing and was told in some not so nice words to leave their board...and i had said nothing even remotely nasty...except on my way out! so i dont care to hear about the poor misunderstood Preds fans!
Posted Image