Photo
* * - - - 4 votes

Nashville or Detroit: Better Hockey Fans?

• Please log in to reply
69 replies to this topic

#41 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,610 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 02:08 PM

Fans or not, we know which is the better team.....

Don't Be Jealous, But I Live Here...

www.thinkdunes.com

Aww You Mad Bro? Are You Butt Hurt?

#42 DatsyukDangles13

DatsyukDangles13

Prospect

• 33 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 02:18 PM

one is called "Hockeytown" ....... Enough said.

Follow my friend and I on a 90 day road trip to 60 sports games!  Check out the website http://www.thebandwagoners.com.

Follow us on twitter: https://twitter.com/Band_Wagoners and like us on facebook: https://www.facebook.com/bwagoners

#43 Lovin Jiri Fischer

Lovin Jiri Fischer

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,444 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 03:20 PM

Octopus > Catfish

And do Preds fans even know their ice manager's name?

#44 Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday

LGW's impromptu Photoshopper

• Silver Booster
  • 4,337 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 03:31 PM

I've never been a fan of these silly 'more votes mean you are better" poles (or the x amount of posts for a win threads for that matter). But it's pretty obvious that the Nashville fans create a way more awesome atmosphere at their arena than the Wings fans do at the Joe.

I don't want to hear any s*** about Nashville finally having something to cheer about; it doesn't matter; their crowd is way better than our crowd. I would venture to list their crowd in the top 3-5 in the NHL.

And while were at it, I roll my eyes everytime I hear Ken Daniels say it's another sellout crowd at the Joe and you see tons of empty seats on tv. So, all the seats have been sold, tickets are all paid for, yet people would rather not go? That's embarrassing. People always respond with "Well, they are corporate tickets"; Yeah, no s***, and nobody wnats them so they are just sitting in a drawer at the office? WTF.

The best games at the Joe are when the Canadians come over from Toronto and and yell agsinst their Canadian Wing fan counterparts from Windsor, or the games that the college kids came to last year when they started the Todd Ber TU Zi chant.

Face it, other than that, the crowd is too quiet too often.

Actually, the bolded is 100% accurate. No team has had the success for as long as Detroit has had, so you cannot compare their fanbase mentality to ours. We have fans who expect conference finals finishes each year (warranted or not isn't the point). Nashville's fanbase is excited for a potential Stanley Cup run. Of course they are going to have more vocal and excited fans. They haven't had a single conference final appearance in their history, and this is the first year for them it is a reality.

Remember how loud the Bluejackets fanbase was in 2009? Same exact scenario. If the honeymoon wears off and the Predators have consistent success to the degree the Red Wings did in the mid/late 90s, their fans will be less vocal and crazy in the early rounds.

Posted Image

#45 purrrnella

purrrnella

Rookie

• Pip
  • 128 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 03:35 PM

I can honestly tell you the Predators NHL forum is not like that at all. We have a few Wings fans on there who are from Nashville and we have civil, sometimes classy jabbing, but all around civil discussions.

If someone if on your forum and not there to troll but to discuss the series with the rival team's fans I see no harm.

I can't stand the Facebook Team Pages that get flooded with opposing team trolls that ruin good discussions so I know what you're saying and I definitely do not fit the same bill.

I know there isn't much love loss between the teams and apparently the fans but that doesn't mean we can't debate and discuss, agree to disagree on topics without resorting to classless name calling, etc.

Thats such a load of CRAP!!!!....I made one comment on your board in 2010 to congratulate your team on how well they were doing...and got attacked within seconds, and i have already told you that, but you keep running that bull...whatever! but you need to quit acting like your fans are HOLIER THAN THOU!! when we both no its CRAP!!!...go ahead and ignore me again cause you know you will! im getting fed up with you acting so injured when all you have been doing is trying to rile Wings fans...then act all Innocent!
Posted Image

#46 NHLrules?

NHLrules?

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 947 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 04:05 PM

Detroit is the new capital for country music. After all, Detroit has a few country bars.

Do you see how silly that sounds preds fans? Now go away and kiss your sisters. :yowza:

Edited by NHLrules?, 17 April 2012 - 04:06 PM.

#47 F.Michael

F.Michael

Old School Dynamic Duo

• HoF Booster
  • 7,523 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 04:08 PM

Seriously - who cares?

'Evolution' created by Offsides

#48 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,891 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 04:10 PM

When I see a million fans in downtown Nashville for a Stanley Cup parade.....then we can start the comparisons.

That's really not fair. We should wait until at least their 7th or 8th Cup to give them a chance to get it down pat like we have it.

#49 T.Low

T.Low

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,906 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 04:17 PM

Actually, the bolded is 100% accurate. No team has had the success for as long as Detroit has had, so you cannot compare their fanbase mentality to ours. We have fans who expect conference finals finishes each year (warranted or not isn't the point). Nashville's fanbase is excited for a potential Stanley Cup run. Of course they are going to have more vocal and excited fans. They haven't had a single conference final appearance in their history, and this is the first year for them it is a reality.

Remember how loud the Bluejackets fanbase was in 2009? Same exact scenario. If the honeymoon wears off and the Predators have consistent success to the degree the Red Wings did in the mid/late 90s, their fans will be less vocal and crazy in the early rounds.

Just because we expect it, doesn't mean we should not be cheering our assess off every single step of the way. If they are playing their asses off, the least we can do is to cheer our asses and rock the Joe. Complacency does not have to equal quiet and lazy.

I totally understand what you are saying (which is why I wrote it in the first place), but i totally disagree that it should be relevent.

Part of the problem is that the OP (and the article for that matter) isn't qualifying what exactly it is we are comparing. Give us some perameters to measure "better fan".

I specifically said they have a better "crowd" than we do, and all you have to do is listen to know that. And the fact that Detroit fans are complacent apparently is a strike against them when it comes to fans (i.e., the crowd) creating an atmosphere to play in. I'm not happy about it, but c'mon, you know it's true.

If I were Illitch, I would designate a few sections as student sections to be sold at a discount. Maybe even offer a cheap bus ride from East Lansing and Ann Arbor or something. The college kids get the chants started and that's what;s missing. How awesome was the "TODD Ber TU Zi"

Edited by T.Low, 17 April 2012 - 05:19 PM.

#50 Wingedwheeler2

Wingedwheeler2

Prospect

• 37 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 04:42 PM

The Preds board is totally NOT civil. I went in there to gain an opposing fans viewpoint......and I jokingly made my screen name "wingstroll2" because in a thread they were upset because "there was only 1 wings troll in the thread"

Well....it started civil enough....but once I made a comment about how Barry Trotz was "Not a handsome man" all of a sudden, here comes the "Detroit is a crap hole" "your city is full of crackheads and rapists" and then they went to the "your a troll" card.

Funny thing.....I was the one keeping threads on topic....go figure. Needless to say....I schooled one of their "big dogs" and they didn't like that.....so after a few conversations via PM with one of the mods.....who I accused of censorship, they banned me. Lol!

Their fine as long as you agree with the establishment......if you swim upstream, you're a troll and they censor you.

#51 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 16,904 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 06:08 PM

The Preds board is totally NOT civil. I went in there to gain an opposing fans viewpoint......and I jokingly made my screen name "wingstroll2" because in a thread they were upset because "there was only 1 wings troll in the thread"

Well....it started civil enough....but once I made a comment about how Barry Trotz was "Not a handsome man" all of a sudden, here comes the "Detroit is a crap hole" "your city is full of crackheads and rapists" and then they went to the "your a troll" card.

Funny thing.....I was the one keeping threads on topic....go figure. Needless to say....I schooled one of their "big dogs" and they didn't like that.....so after a few conversations via PM with one of the mods.....who I accused of censorship, they banned me. Lol!

Their fine as long as you agree with the establishment......if you swim upstream, you're a troll and they censor you.

Well with that username you really weren't helping your chances.

It's funny how people don't always see it when they're back on their own team's site. But in general sites are a little uppity with fans of their opponents come playoff time. There's a few forums on hfboards that have really civil fans. Almost shockingly so.

And just to a reminder. I'm not implying you did, but if members of LGW are found to be trolling other team's forums, it results in a suspension here. Aside from making Wings fans look bad, we don't want people stirring up things and bringing trolls to this site.

#52 frankgrimes

frankgrimes

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,833 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 07:39 PM

Original 6, Octopus, Hockeytown and 11 Stanley Cups baby > catfish

also we could survive easily without revenue sharing teams like Trashville need money from team like us to survive so despite the stupid poll everyone knows the answer!

kftx.jpg

The Offseason of truth ...

Welcome to hockeytown Jonas aka Lundquist 2 Gustavsson!

blank cheque for The Captain or Jim Star Nil please..

#53 Barrie

Barrie

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,917 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 09:57 PM

We'll see what kind of hockey fans Preds fans are after they lose Suter and Weber :lol: this offseason.
Lets Go:
Red Wings
Tigers
Roughriders
Lions
Spartans
Pistons

#54 13dangledangle

13dangledangle

1st Line All-Star

• Silver Booster
  • 1,797 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 10:42 PM

Seriously - who cares?

I agree 100%.

Crazy that people would give enough a s*** to vote in a stroke me off piece a garbage let alone a thread to go along with it, just screams "hate", just look at the last 3 pages or so. Just silly.
....Ladies and Gentlemen Jimmy "F%$*ing" Howard.

#55 Johnz96

Johnz96

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,423 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 10:46 PM

Judging from various forums, a lot of Red Wing fans are band wagon fans who jumped on years ago or even decades ago and the Wings haven't given them reason to jump off. They are the most unappreciative, ignorant, juvenile, unrealistic and down right nasty group of fans I have ever come across. Although I doubt it will happen I am kinda hoping the Wings don't make the playoff so some of them will jump ship.

#56 Dave

Dave

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,177 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 01:12 AM

Judging from various forums, a lot of Red Wing fans are band wagon fans who jumped on years ago or even decades ago and the Wings haven't given them reason to jump off. They are the most unappreciative, ignorant, juvenile, unrealistic and down right nasty group of fans I have ever come across. Although I doubt it will happen I am kinda hoping the Wings don't make the playoff so some of them will jump ship.

Is there anything about the Wings you DO like?

#57 DRAPES RULES

DRAPES RULES

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 474 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 01:26 AM

Chew the bait everybody !

This is "Katie Bar The Door Type of Hockey" -Mickey Redman

"It's only Rock and Roll, But I like it "- Mick Jagger

"DAVE IS A KILLER! "- The Hanson Brotherswinggirl.jpg

#58 Salviaman

Salviaman

Tool + Red Wings = Bliss

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,288 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 01:31 AM

Kill this thread please
Think for yourself. Question authority. Throughout human history as our species has faced the frightening, terrorizing fact that we do not know who we are or where we are going in this ocean of chance, it has been the authorities, the political, the religious, the educational authorities who attempted to comfort us by giving us order, rules, regulations, informing, forming in our minds their view of reality. To think for yourself you must question authority and learn how to put yourself in a state of vulnerable, open mindedness, chaotic, confused vulnerability to inform yourself.

#59 MabusIncarnate

MabusIncarnate

The Truth Is Out There

• Silver Booster Mod
  • 2,205 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 03:18 AM

So.. real fans are supposed to rail their team continuously and hope they don't make the playoffs. Noted. :thumbup:

I like Salviaman's idea.

13585921555_24551f5658.jpg

#60 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,056 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 03:23 AM

what the hell? how is this even close?

Parity.

Don't Toews me, bro!