• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

WCQF Game Four GDT : Predators 3 at Red Wings 1

Rate this topic

I typically don't post in the GDTs but I did on Friday and the Wings won. I didn't for games 1 and 3 and the Wings lost. I was also posting a ton of Wings pictures, in one of the threads (I dont remember which), which I say is a good luck charm. So here is an assortment of Wings pictures in anticipation of the biggest game of the season (thus far):

907042df4071915a33521297afb7.jpg

10836728-large.jpg

706f95399911da37a7e75da1b90f6285.jpg

81778105_display_image.jpg?1306464520

Edited by mmamolo

I think its important to harness the momentum of the crowd early on......stay out of the box and feed off the energy of the home fans. My wish list for the first 5 minutes......a huge hit by Kronner on Mike Fischer.....he's been a bit of a punk in this series....would love to see him "Kronwalled" early on.

I'm hoping the breaks go our way tonight.....get traffic in front of Rinne early.....and we have to.....I mean HAVE TO be better on faceoffs tonight.

I think the Wings come out strong for the first 5 minutes and try to pot one early, but if they don't I will expect more of the same. Team hasn't played a complete game all season, so I don't think it'll magically happen. As for "puck luck", you make your own breaks by working hard and causing havoc. We'll see what team decides to show up.

I can easily see us winning out the rest of the way in this series. We outplayed them badly for most of Game 3, I can see that continuing in Game 4. More pressure will be on the Preds for Game 5, then we go back home, dominate Game 6. If Mule's shot is 0.1 second quicker in Game 3, we might be talking about going up 3-1 tonight.

Games have been so close that I'm thinking the Wings are due for a crazy scoring night where they win huge.

They usually save those for when they're 3-1 or 3-0 down in a series these days.

Whatever, a 60 minute effort would be nice. Failing that, if we must have another 30 minute effort, please could it be the first 30 minutes this time, not the last 30.

This is my first post so first of all hello to everybody from Good Old Blighty.

Secondly and most importantly I'm going Wings3-1.

We really need to capitalise on the periods of pressure we have managed put on them like in the third in the game just gone. In another game I would not have been shocked if we had turned them over by five or six but at the moment they seem to be getting the lucky bounces, surely that cannot continue?

On the other hand some of the daft penalties that we are giving away are the sort that you'd expect a team with lesser experience to be giving up. Irrespective of what some people may claim the Bertuzzi dance-off brought nothing to an end and rather than concentrating on the Predators targeting of Hank (see Tootoo's cheap shot on Sunday) we should be concentrating on our own game and stealing a break on the line match ups whilst we have home advantage.

Hope anybody going to the game has a great time, I have 2013 earmarked as my year for a trip to the Joe!

I'll be at the game, my first playoff game! Wings 6 Preds 0 :)

That is awesome, I'm jealous. I looked into going to a playoff game as well as I also have never been to one but by the time I fly to Vancouver then to Detroit and get hotel, food, many beer and tickets I was spending a small fortune. I'll try and do it when they get to conference finals or cup finals for I would love to meet and party with some true wings fans. Hope you have a great experience.

The way Rinne is playing, I think a "shelling" isn't likely, but a few goals through some heavy traffic (provided we aren't whistled for it) might be just enough to send Trotz through the roof and rattle the Preds a bit.

I never make predictions........but I'll take an ugly win tonight.

Looks like Danny boy may be on the top line, at least to start....hmmmm...

We didn't skate this morning, so, on my lineup card that's how I have them,'' Babcock said. "But since that time we've talked about how we liked Abby (Justin Abdelkader) and Cleary and Bert (Todd Bertuzzi) together, too, so we'll see.

http://www.mlive.com...ry_feeling.html

That is awesome, I'm jealous. I looked into going to a playoff game as well as I also have never been to one but by the time I fly to Vancouver then to Detroit and get hotel, food, many beer and tickets I was spending a small fortune. I'll try and do it when they get to conference finals or cup finals for I would love to meet and party with some true wings fans. Hope you have a great experience.

Definitely wait until it's a later round, unless you have the time and funds available to make it now. I went to the SCF in 2009 (all the way from Texas) and it was worth every damn penny. My goal every year is to have enough saved up for airfare and a playoff ticket, should we make the finals. Of course, there is supposed to be a pretty big game at the Big House next year...