• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

WCQF Game Four GDT : Predators 3 at Red Wings 1

Rate this topic

This reminds me of the Preds circa..well every year they have existed except for this year...mount almost no attack, rely on your goalie, get completely out played and they are one lucky bounce away from the lead. 20 years of being a Wings fan and I don't remember many times when we need a goal as bad we need one right now.

You mean shooting the puck wide on purpose and hitting the boards is our storm?

Wow, we suck.

Do you even watch the game or just stare at this message board the whole time? WOuld you rather them blast the puck into shin pads and give up break a ways? We had tons of chances that period and completely out played them but for what its worth we might as well shot it wide all period..0 goals is 0 goals !

Nashville is a very disciplined team that has been well coached. Trots has shown them how Detroit tries to clear the puck and how they try to use the boards. A Preds player is right there where the puck comes off the boards. They know what Detroit is going to do. Babcock is being out coached again. The man has no new ideas.

The Wings dominated that period overall. You're pointing out one failed shot but ignoring all the times they came within inches of scoring.

No, I just think we rely to much on perfect plays and shooting pucks wide to use the boards. Especially on the powerplay.

Three or four years ago, we'd be all over this overrated team. Our storm isn't what it used to be offensively.

Guest irishock

No, I just think we rely to much on perfect plays and shooting pucks wide to use the boards. Especially on the powerplay.

Three or four years ago, we'd be all over this overrated team. Our storm isn't what it used to be offensively.

Sad but true.

Back then we could literally shoot a puck from anywhere on the ice and we'd get a lucky bounce to beat brick wall goalies.

Now we can get an open net and still somehow miss.

The effort in the openIng period has been better tonight. If they keep the pressure, they'll crack Rinne and get a couple. They need to stick to the game plan and not panic. Open it up in the second. Let's Go Wings!