• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

WCQF Game Four GDT : Predators 3 at Red Wings 1

Rate this topic

The Wings dominated that period overall. You're pointing out one failed shot but ignoring all the times they came within inches of scoring.

to be fair they fired it wide left of goal at least 5 times in that period instead of on net.

Strong period overall. Cleary's hustle is really noticeable. It would be nice if some of the other forwards took the lesson and played harder. Franzen, Filppula and Bertuzzi looked brutal out there.

I think it might be time to get Pavel and Z together to start the second. The Red Wings need a goal and the lead in the worst way. The longer Nashville lingers, you know they will get a fluke bounce and that might be the deflator.

Yeah the Preds appear to be VERY prepared for the Wings' typical tricks. It's going to take lucky bounces for us but we won't get them if we keep waiting for perfect, fancy plays. Those seem to work 4v4 because there's more open space to move around...and for that the Preds have no answer.

I just fear if we don't get a lead we are gonna get scored on with one lucky bounce or odd man rush. For God's sakes stop pinching when you know you can't get back in time!

We need more speed on this team.

The effort in the openIng period has been better tonight. If they keep the pressure, they'll crack Rinne and get a couple. They need to stick to the game plan and not panic. Open it up in the second. Let's Go Wings!

I agree - at least they showed up when the puck dropped tonight.

Guest Crymson

Really like to see some creativity and not just the 40 foot tip in. Drive the net Boys!

Nashville clogs the center of the defensive zone. Driving the net through several players is a great way to lose the puck.

Edited by Crymson

Someone pointed it out, but Fil has been so brutal in the series and already tonight. What's gotten into him? He's so timid when the pucks on his stick, and he refuses to drive the middle. Z's been a beast, but his line mates need to step it up

Guest Crymson

to be fair they fired it wide left of goal at least 5 times in that period instead of on net.

Some people will find any possible reason to sell short the Wings.

Nashville is a very disciplined team that has been well coached. Trots has shown them how Detroit tries to clear the puck and how they try to use the boards. A Preds player is right there where the puck comes off the boards. They know what Detroit is going to do. Babcock is being out coached again. The man has no new ideas.

What!?!? I haven't seen Detroit have trouble with one breakout yet

I have to hand it to the Preds coaching staff...the Preds are well coached. They don't have a lot of top level skill, but they are SOLID defensively and they aren't budging from their game plan.

They have size and more speed, but we have the talent. What will win?

Please lord let us get a lead. It will force the PReds to open up a little more and then we can take advantage of it...

I personally don't think Rinne has been all that great this series...or at least, he hasn't had to steal games. He's been solid but we have blown our chances.

Got a ton of puck luck that period. Preds made a TON of mistakes with their D and Rinne turning the puck over - they won't keep doing that all game. That was probably the worst period I've seen Nashville play this series

Nashville clogs the center of the defensive zone. Driving the net through several players is a great way to lose the puck.

Actually we had several open lanes to drive the net there. Normally I would agree though. Perhaps Nashville knows that's not our type of play.

Guest irishock

Anyone else have a s***-eating grin seeing that Crysby might get swept tomorrow?

Crysby + Canf***s both getting swept = making my day

Guest irishock

Samuelsson has 4 assists in 3 games against the Devils.

I actually wish we got him instead of Q during trade deadline.