• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

WCQF Game Four GDT : Predators 3 at Red Wings 1

Rate this topic

I have to agree here.

I haven't seen many skilled goals. I have seen more blown coverage by the Wings or lucky bounces by the Preds. Pure s*** ass luck goals.

Your sentence has a major contradiction which I had to point out earlier to several people.

Blown coverage and luck are not synonymous. It means the defensive team just isn't good enough to win.

Out of Nashville's 12 goals in the series, I'd say three of them were skill. The others were lucky deflections, bounces, horrible defensive breakdowns, soft goaltending ect.

The Wings shooters couldn't hit the house if they were standing in it, made even worse by Rinne being a beast. On the other hand, sloppy bounces or not, you goaltender needs to give you one damn save. The real final score is 4-1, lest we not forget the goal-line shot Howard let trickle in before the refs confused Jimmy's intent to blow with their own.

Jimmy howard is fine.

Our D ******* sucks and to be honest Lids has been on the downslope since 08.

Its sad but unless we make the changes needed (personel, coach, GM) we will miss the playoffs within the next 3 years.

Book it.

PS: Ian White is a ******* retard and our entire team has given up on D.

Edited by NHLrules?

It's a really awesome feeling to know that out of 11 Preds goals, 9 of them took ZERO skill. The series isn't over, but it's clear which team spent more time collecting lucky charms, and which one was grinding on the ice day in and day out.

Thats it right there, this team does not have much drive or determination. Time to inject some new faces and new bigger bodies. Please bring in some guys who want to skate and destroy a guy along the boards.

Defensive breakdowns are the story of the past few seasons. You aren't going far if you give up as many odd man rushes and wide open shots in the slot.

Not sure what needs to change, coaching, or players but Holland needs to find a remedy soon.

Who knows? Some new faces might do some good. A better bottom six would do wonders. Some faster, fresher legs. Guys who don't break into pieces every season.

I wish LGW was a sports bar. It would be hilarious to see a bunch of grown ass men acting like this in the real world. The things some of you guys say about the players is ridiculous. They're human beings playing a game which has no bearing on areas of your life aside from your fandom. I have read instances of people wishing injury upon players, which is totally f***ed. If i were a psychiatrist or a gastroenterologist (for your ulcers) I would plaster my ads all over this site.

Oh that would be fun as hell to watch. Standing there behind two way glass or whatever. I'd write a research paper on that.

I wish LGW was a sports bar. It would be hilarious to see a bunch of grown ass men acting like this in the real world. The things some of you guys say about the players is ridiculous. They're human beings playing a game which has no bearing on areas of your life aside from your fandom. I have read instances of people wishing injury upon players, which is totally f***ed. If i were a psychiatrist or a gastroenterologist (for your ulcers) I would plaster my ads all over this site.

The only person I wished injury on in this series is Weber.

And maybe a few other Nashville players.

I take exception to that part of your post.

FACK. We are getting Giguered ala 2003! I tried to tell myself it wasnt happening, but it is. Saying that, the Wings haven't had many clear chances at all. Kronwall and Franzen should have scored on their moves in front of the net, but we've had NO chances like Bourque or Klein's goals this game. Nashville D is playing really well.

I'd like to see MUCH more out of Filppula - he has been HORRID so far. Cleary played well tonight, if I were Babs I would have moved him up to play with Zetter and Huds, at least Cleary was fighting for pucks. Fil looks really uninterested.

Gah. Here's to hoping the Wings can win on Friday and get Lidstrom one more shot to play at home.

Flippula has been useless all series, Franzen looked like he was trying but their offense has no system or style all they do is hang on to it along the perimeter... I think coaching and flippula need to be moved... Flippula is good and all just not a top six forward on a Stanley cup winning team. He will never have as much value as he does right now

The Wings shooters couldn't hit the house if they were standing in it, made even worse by Rinne being a beast. On the other hand, sloppy bounces or not, you goaltender needs to give you one damn save. The real final score is 4-1, lest we not forget the goal-line shot Howard let trickle in before the refs confused Jimmy's intent to blow with their own.

Our Team D is a ******* joke.

thats the way of the series and of this team in the last 3 years.

You dont win without D, and this team abandoned that after 08. Is it Babs, Lids being old or whatever: this team is a digrace on D. And thats the truth.

this isn't a knee jerk reaction, I've said it for a while: we need to do some serious rebuilding and soon. we need to get younger and bigger. This starts with giving youngsters a chance, we already have a full cupboard of prospects its time to promote and trade some to make this team a contender. franzen and or fil can be traded this offseason imo, if it means we get a legitimate goal scorer all year round. Nash would be an option if we can't grab Parise. Simply we can't make it out of the first round. We need size and scoring. Smith and Nyquist need to be up full time next season and we need to sign a few more guys to grand rapids. Then seriously consider a blockbuster move.

Flippula has been useless all series, Franzen looked like he was trying but their offense has no system or style all they do is hang on to it along the perimeter... I think coaching and flippula need to be moved... Flippula is good and all just not a top six forward on a Stanley cup winning team. He will never have as much value as he does right now

I don't know what Flip's problem is.

He had his best season ever and has been good in the playoffs before. All of a sudden, he's having a terrible playoff in this of all seasons.

WTF?

It's a really awesome feeling to know that out of 11 Preds goals, 9 of them took ZERO skill. The series isn't over, but it's clear which team spent more time collecting lucky charms, and which one was grinding on the ice day in and day out.

I have to agree here.

Not that I think that Rinne hasn't been awesome, because he has. He has had to be great for the Preds to win each of their games. The Wings haven't had the puck luck or a fully healthy squad that is needed to win the cup. Its just too bad that it looks like they will be ousted in the 1st round unless something changes. I have faith in the Wings though.

NO HOWARD IS JUST ANOTHER GUY HE WAS NEVER GOLIER NUMBER F......................1 HE WAS AVERAGE THE ENTIRE SEASON. I WILL BE GLAD IF NSHs***Y WIN THE NEXT GAME LIDNSTROf***STOM DESERVE IT, HAVING A C HE SHOULD OF TALK TO THE TEAM. A BANCH OF SWEEDS MORONS

This guy makes my day, it's been a s***ty day many reasons so thank you :)

Jimmy howard is fine.

No. I don't think he is. Legwand's goals (yes, both of them even though the first was waved off) were HORRIBLY weak, and Nashville's second goal was one of the worst cases of over committing on a puck i've ever seen. Forgivable a couple years ago, but Howard's got to start stealing games for the Wings. I think he has the talent, but he isn't showing the consistency.

Show 'em at the box office next season. Get rid of Holland. Get rid of Babcock. Two imposters along with a half dozen or so marginal players. Illitch will get the message. Offer Bowman or Yzerman the world to unf*** this entire organization.