• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

WCQF Game Four GDT : Predators 3 at Red Wings 1

Rate this topic

Wow, a lot of talk about letting Hossa go. Get real, guys, that wouldn't have made any sense. If u want Hossa, say good by to the 3rd and 4th lines, and a good chunk of the starters. Hossa is a fantastic player, but he costs too much. Look at the Blackhawks now, they're are the perfect example of a 'one and done' team. Sure they won A cup, but at the cost of selling off almost their whole team in the off season

Hossa cost $5,275,000 towards the Cap....

Franzen & Hudler cost $6,829,545 towards the Cap...

Looks to me like Chicago made out on that one....Holland sucks.

I always loved flippula and never wanted him traded but I think keeping him would be stupid at this point... He'll never be worth this much again... And he is not what the wings need unless he is on the third line full time because we have other better players in the top 6

How do you know Fluffy is a Nas***yville fan? What about your wife? Is she still shopping? Does she get you lotto tix?

WELL SHE GOT WHAT I NEED AFTER A LIDSTROM TOTAL FAILURE AS A TEAM C, I WILL GET A MEDITATIN TREATMENT, AND F............ BETMAN AND BABCOCK AND HOLLLLLAND AND THE REST OF THE NHL F........S NEED TO DO SOMETHING WITH MYSELF NEED TO WATCH MORE SOCKER OR PING PONG

The leafs totally would take that contract :lol: I would trade flip for the reason that he had a breakout season. Sell while the stock is high, depending on what you can get.

I see your point, and agree. If we could get something good for Flip, then maybe we should consider it.

Fact is Detroit have to act this summer. We can't stand pat again. It's not like the days when we'd run the Central.

Chicago is still good, St Louis has gotten really good, and Nashville is solid, even if they lose Suter...If they lose Suter and then Weber a year later, then that will seriously hurt them, but next year they will be there again.

If we do nothing, we are looking at 5th,6th in the West next season, and another tough playoff matchup, against the likes of Nash/SJ/LA.

I'm sick of Hudler and Filpulla because I'm tired of having players who are completely non physical. I realize when you get tougher you take on less scoring and we only averaged less than 2 goals a game....but somethings gotta give guys

Guest Crymson

From seeing the product on the ice.

Besides, I never thought it was much of a secret that Bowman was a great motivator and manipulator of players who he didn't think were performing.

I don't think "motivator" and "Bowman" really go together. He wasn't exactly a charismatic guy.

Howard is a good enough goalie to win a cup with, and he's paid average. PERIOD. Unless you wanna tie up a bunch of cap in a goalie, then leave Howard alone.

I'm frustrated with 1 play by Howard tonight, which was the game winner. 3 wings players go after the same guy (DUMB) and then Howard sells out to stop a shot that wasn't going to be anything more than along the ice...WTF was that? So, 4 wings go after 1 guy and leave the rest of the ice wide open...it was ridiculous. That play made the wings look like a bunch of rookies.

With that said, we still only scored ONE GOAL. The third goal that was cheap and that Howard probably shoulda stopped, probably didn't matter anyway. They were on the PP anyway and woulda just wasted away the last minute. So what difference does it make? Lest we forget, we couldn't hardly clear the puck out of our zone while they were on the PP.

Funny how that works. They have the best PP in the game, we have the 2nd best home record, and both of those go out the window in this series. They outscore us even strength, and their 3rd/4th lines KILL US.

Just funny how it all works out...funny or sad...

We need to retool this team for current playoff hockey, which means adding size and speed, while maintaining as much talent as possible.

In my opinion, Datsyuk, Helm, and a couple others should be protected, but otherwise all offers should be at least considered for trades. Let Lids retire unless he wants to come back for a big discount, and take all that cap space and go buy yourself a couple good defensemen and a scorer.

Haha, if that was a correct number you would be right. I think 5.2 was an average you found. "Hossa will make $7.9 million each of the first seven years of the deal." Link

Edited by King Crane

Too much doom and gloom, whatever is going to happen is going to happen but it takes 4 wins to take a series. Think about the Cups this team has won and how consistently great they have been over the last 20 years no other team's fans have been as lucky, time for some support during the tough times.

GO WINGS!

Guest irishock

Bringing back Sammy would have been a good move for Holland to make. At least he'd actually shoot the puck on net and not drive it against the boards.

Wow, a lot of talk about letting Hossa go. Get real, guys, that wouldn't have made any sense. If u want Hossa, say good by to the 3rd and 4th lines, and a good chunk of the starters. Hossa is a fantastic player, but he costs too much. Look at the Blackhawks now, they're are the perfect example of a 'one and done' team. Sure they won A cup, but at the cost of selling off almost their whole team in the off season

OMG not our amazing 3rd and 4th lines.. Please say it ain't so

One of our biggest problems is our 3rd and 4th lines have no identity, feel free to dismantel them

On the news they just showed the replay of the game winner...how DUMB did our team look? My God. 3 players bite hook line and sinker, including the goalie. And it leaves 2, not 1, but TWO predators wide open all day to put the puck in the gaping net.

Pathetic breakdown. It's those breakdowns that killed us this series.

Haha, if that was a correct number you would be right. I think 5.2 was an average you found. "Hossa will make $7.9 million each of the first seven years of the deal." Link

Ya, well if we are talking actual salaries and NOT cap hit, then Franzen is at $5.25M and Hudler was $3M...so, Hossa at $7.9M or Franzen/Hudler at $8.25M....Holland still sucks...

Edit: I'd rather have Hossa signed here thru 2021 than Franzen thru 2020.

Edited by LeftWinger

Yep. It's amazing how things like numbers and addition seem to be lost on many around here. The decision to chase Hudler and Sammy and sign Franzen to the monster contract and/or not move someone like Flip continues to be one of the stupidest moves Holland has made. Absolutely absurd. It looks stupider and stupider each passing year.