• Please log in to reply
1515 replies to this topic

#41 Nev

Nev

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,057 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 11:30 AM

Games have been so close that I'm thinking the Wings are due for a crazy scoring night where they win huge.

They usually save those for when they're 3-1 or 3-0 down in a series these days.

Whatever, a 60 minute effort would be nice. Failing that, if we must have another 30 minute effort, please could it be the first 30 minutes this time, not the last 30.
"If I can be totally honest, it's not a lot of guys you get impressed by. Actually, it's no one else but him. From the bench, to see what move he makes -- you're like, 'I wish I could do that.' Sometimes you sit on the bench and just think, 'wow,' and you look over to the other bench and they sit there and shake their heads, too. He has great, great skills. I'm probably not going to play with another player who has the kind of skills he has." Mikael Samuelsson on Pavel Datsyuk

#42 scottishredwing

scottishredwing

Rookie

• Pip
  • 103 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 11:42 AM

Think we will be treated to a performance and a half tonight. Wings win 5-2Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#43 puckloo39

puckloo39

Champion, MVP and still the best!!!

• HoF Booster
  • 21,457 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 11:45 AM

I am hoping Kronwall "Sedins" Weber. That would be fun.

puckloo39dom.jpg

“Next time I tell you someone from Texas should not be president of the United States, please pay attention."

Best ever

#44 cusimano_brothers

cusimano_brothers

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,612 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 11:48 AM

Tonight's Officials
Referees Kelly Sutherland (#11) & Kevin Pollock (#33) Linesmen Derek Amell (#75) & Scott Cherrey (#50)

"Mess up tomorrow, don't mess up now".

- Harry James Benson, CBE.

#45 thePuckBurger

thePuckBurger

Draftee

• 5 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 11:49 AM

This is my first post so first of all hello to everybody from Good Old Blighty.

Secondly and most importantly I'm going Wings3-1.

We really need to capitalise on the periods of pressure we have managed put on them like in the third in the game just gone. In another game I would not have been shocked if we had turned them over by five or six but at the moment they seem to be getting the lucky bounces, surely that cannot continue?

On the other hand some of the daft penalties that we are giving away are the sort that you'd expect a team with lesser experience to be giving up. Irrespective of what some people may claim the Bertuzzi dance-off brought nothing to an end and rather than concentrating on the Predators targeting of Hank (see Tootoo's cheap shot on Sunday) we should be concentrating on our own game and stealing a break on the line match ups whilst we have home advantage.

Hope anybody going to the game has a great time, I have 2013 earmarked as my year for a trip to the Joe!

#46 ace76

ace76

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 71 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 11:56 AM

I'll be at the game, my first playoff game! Wings 6 Preds 0 :)

That is awesome, I'm jealous. I looked into going to a playoff game as well as I also have never been to one but by the time I fly to Vancouver then to Detroit and get hotel, food, many beer and tickets I was spending a small fortune. I'll try and do it when they get to conference finals or cup finals for I would love to meet and party with some true wings fans. Hope you have a great experience.

#47 jollymania

jollymania

Heavy Hitter

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,610 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 12:20 PM

Wings need to shell Rinne again, bury the easy chances unlike on Sunday, keep the crease crowded, and actually play physical, kronner needs a series changing hit NOW.
"I assure you the hits along the boards he(Aaron Downey) constantly threw SEVERAL TIMES EVERY SHIFT were far more damaging hits that what Kronwall throws."
- uk_redwing
HockeyArchive Twitter

#48 Wingedwheeler2

Wingedwheeler2

Prospect

• 37 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 12:29 PM

The way Rinne is playing, I think a "shelling" isn't likely, but a few goals through some heavy traffic (provided we aren't whistled for it) might be just enough to send Trotz through the roof and rattle the Preds a bit.

I never make predictions........but I'll take an ugly win tonight.

#49 Motown4013

Motown4013

1st Line All-Star

• Silver Booster
  • 1,067 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 12:32 PM

Flip is WAY overdue. I think he has a huge night!
6-2 Wings!!!!
Raising another Red Wings Fan!

The future looks bright in Hockeytown!
GUSTAV SNIPEQUIST!

#50 rrasco

rrasco

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,023 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 12:33 PM

Looks like Danny boy may be on the top line, at least to start....hmmmm...

We didn't skate this morning, so, on my lineup card that's how I have them,'' Babcock said. "But since that time we've talked about how we liked Abby (Justin Abdelkader) and Cleary and Bert (Todd Bertuzzi) together, too, so we'll see.

http://www.mlive.com...ry_feeling.html

That is awesome, I'm jealous. I looked into going to a playoff game as well as I also have never been to one but by the time I fly to Vancouver then to Detroit and get hotel, food, many beer and tickets I was spending a small fortune. I'll try and do it when they get to conference finals or cup finals for I would love to meet and party with some true wings fans. Hope you have a great experience.

Definitely wait until it's a later round, unless you have the time and funds available to make it now. I went to the SCF in 2009 (all the way from Texas) and it was worth every damn penny. My goal every year is to have enough saved up for airfare and a playoff ticket, should we make the finals. Of course, there is supposed to be a pretty big game at the Big House next year...

Kronwalled.net - Keep Yer Head up Kid

MONEY ON THE BOARD: $10/Kronwalling (1), $1/goal by: Nyquist, Tatar, Jurco, Sheahan, disney.com (1), Andersson, Dekeyser, Pulkinnen, Ouellet, or Sproul.  2X MULTIPLIER: disney.com.  CONSOLATION PRIZE: $5/goal by: Datsyuk (3), $3/goal by: Z (1). MOTB TOTAL: $30

#51 evilzyme

evilzyme

Games a gongshow.

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,095 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 12:34 PM

Wings need to shell Rinne again, bury the easy chances unlike on Sunday, keep the crease crowded, and actually play physical, kronner needs a series changing hit NOW.

Well, i'm not sure I liked the way they played the crease on Sunday honestly. Sometimes it seemed like they didn't know who was due infront of Rinne, so we would have two players trying to screen the same guy which lead to rebounds happening but noone close enough to actually pot it. I like crashing the net, I like pressure, but I don't like seeing cluttering which leads to missed opportunities when you can't let them be missed. What I do want, is to see some chase to the puck, some battling, some space being created. We like to pass and make the perfect play, and with a goalie like Rinne you need to throw pucks at the net and low hoping for juicy rebounds. We need powerful guys that won't be manhandled in the crease, otherwise you're worthless playing there.

Pavel Datsyuk - "Pasha" - #13
"Got no fun if you got no puck"
'"I like ladies" - Towards the Lady Byng trophy
"Hannnnnnnnnnk"
"Okay $5 now"

I'm Don Cherry and Danny DeKeyser is my Kadri.

#52 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,087 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 12:38 PM

Must. Win.

Well, i'm not sure I liked the way they played the crease on Sunday honestly. Sometimes it seemed like they didn't know who was due infront of Rinne, so we would have two players trying to screen the same guy which lead to rebounds happening but noone close enough to actually pot it. I like crashing the net, I like pressure, but I don't like seeing cluttering which leads to missed opportunities when you can't let them be missed. What I do want, is to see some chase to the puck, some battling, some space being created. We like to pass and make the perfect play, and with a goalie like Rinne you need to throw pucks at the net and low hoping for juicy rebounds. We need powerful guys that won't be manhandled in the crease, otherwise you're worthless playing there.

+1

Don't Toews me, bro!

#53 frankgrimes

frankgrimes

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,920 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 01:14 PM

we need someone to screen Rinne and go for the ugly goals against him, doubt he'll give up goals from high shots.

Hope Babcock goes for top end scoring putting Datsyuk and Zetterberg on a line again.

kftx.jpg

The Offseason of truth ...

Welcome to hockeytown Jonas aka Lundquist 2 Gustavsson!

blank cheque for The Captain or Jim Star Nil please..

#54 Jeff6851

Jeff6851

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 726 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 01:31 PM

we need someone to screen Rinne and go for the ugly goals against him, doubt he'll give up goals from high shots.

Hope Babcock goes for top end scoring putting Datsyuk and Zetterberg on a line again.

At least we have a hard working Cleary with Pavs. No more slow Bert and Floatzen. Now it's just Floater

Detroit fan living in St. Louis
"To whom much is given, much is expected."
"Play them six times, they might win four, but not this game. Not tonight."
"Hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard."

#55 CrimsonFlame

CrimsonFlame

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 862 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 01:36 PM

Do or die time boys LGW

#56 Vladifan

Vladifan

Legend

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 5,759 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 01:44 PM

This is my first post so first of all hello to everybody from Good Old Blighty.

Secondly and most importantly I'm going Wings3-1.

We really need to capitalise on the periods of pressure we have managed put on them like in the third in the game just gone. In another game I would not have been shocked if we had turned them over by five or six but at the moment they seem to be getting the lucky bounces, surely that cannot continue?

On the other hand some of the daft penalties that we are giving away are the sort that you'd expect a team with lesser experience to be giving up. Irrespective of what some people may claim the Bertuzzi dance-off brought nothing to an end and rather than concentrating on the Predators targeting of Hank (see Tootoo's cheap shot on Sunday) we should be concentrating on our own game and stealing a break on the line match ups whilst we have home advantage.

Hope anybody going to the game has a great time, I have 2013 earmarked as my year for a trip to the Joe!

I love everything British, and if I were rich, I'd prove it. Welcome!! :thumbup:

And keep rotating/moving on the power play. Thank you! :D

Edited by Vladifan, 17 April 2012 - 01:43 PM.

"He even ate with women who at that time were accorded the same status as the family donkey. Are we willing to break bread with, say, child sex slaves, transgender teens and undocumented workers? Because when Jesus comes back to Earth, that's where he'll be hanging."
You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him.

#57 HankthaTank

HankthaTank

3rd Line Center

• Silver Booster
  • 4,815 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 02:41 PM

If anyone wants to let Franzen know the playoffs started ,that would be a very solid thing to do.
TO WHOM MUCH IS GIVEN, MUCH IS EXPECTED.

#58 Firehawk

Firehawk

Don't Touch My Pop

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,857 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 03:22 PM

I've tried to detach myself from the playoff run this year expecting nothing. But I've bought in after game 2, then let down again after game 3.

I have little faith in us pulling this game out. I hope we do.

Nervous.
U GUYS ARE FUKIN ANYOING IM GONNA COME DOWN THERE AND KILL ALL YALL THE ONLY THING THAT SAVED UR TEAM WAS OSGOOD AND OSSGOOD SUKS 2 JUST LIKE UR WHOLE FUKIN TEAM I HOPE U HEARD THIS AND THINK CAUSE ALL I GOT TO SAY TO U IS UR A BUNCH OF FUKIN IDIOTS BARONS A HOOSER CUSE HE WENT TO UR TEAM AND I HOPE U GUYS SHOULD SEND UR TEAM TO ANOTHER CITY CAUSE U GUYS ARE A BUNCH OF FUKIN WHINERS GO CANUCKS GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! --- A canucks fan on stltoday.com

This was so funny I had to set it as my sig.

#59 Fonzarelli

Fonzarelli

Rookie

• Pip
  • 131 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 03:45 PM

If anyone wants to let Franzen know the playoffs started ,that would be a very solid thing to do.

I still think Babcock should put Franzen at centre. Franzen himself said he plays better there. Are you listening Babcock? I also mentioned that when the playoffs start, the wings will be a heavily penalized team. This will not change because of the mental fortitude which they do not possess. I have seen this for at least the last 6 years. It's probably gone on longer than that. Unfortunately, with regard to where players are positioned, Babcock is too stubborn to make courageous moves. That why he gets outcoached in key games. The other coaches make changes. Babcock just stands there and swigs his water. Nashville is a very good team and very hungry. Detroit could be a very good team, depending on their disposition.

#60 LeonardSankar

LeonardSankar

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 251 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 04:00 PM

Preds 3-1. Wings can't score and they will probably give up a few goals on odd man rushes or breakaways and pp.