• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

WCQF Game Four GDT : Predators 3 at Red Wings 1

Rate this topic

Wings need to shell Rinne again, bury the easy chances unlike on Sunday, keep the crease crowded, and actually play physical, kronner needs a series changing hit NOW.

Well, i'm not sure I liked the way they played the crease on Sunday honestly. Sometimes it seemed like they didn't know who was due infront of Rinne, so we would have two players trying to screen the same guy which lead to rebounds happening but noone close enough to actually pot it. I like crashing the net, I like pressure, but I don't like seeing cluttering which leads to missed opportunities when you can't let them be missed. What I do want, is to see some chase to the puck, some battling, some space being created. We like to pass and make the perfect play, and with a goalie like Rinne you need to throw pucks at the net and low hoping for juicy rebounds. We need powerful guys that won't be manhandled in the crease, otherwise you're worthless playing there.

Must. Win.

Well, i'm not sure I liked the way they played the crease on Sunday honestly. Sometimes it seemed like they didn't know who was due infront of Rinne, so we would have two players trying to screen the same guy which lead to rebounds happening but noone close enough to actually pot it. I like crashing the net, I like pressure, but I don't like seeing cluttering which leads to missed opportunities when you can't let them be missed. What I do want, is to see some chase to the puck, some battling, some space being created. We like to pass and make the perfect play, and with a goalie like Rinne you need to throw pucks at the net and low hoping for juicy rebounds. We need powerful guys that won't be manhandled in the crease, otherwise you're worthless playing there.

+1

we need someone to screen Rinne and go for the ugly goals against him, doubt he'll give up goals from high shots.

Hope Babcock goes for top end scoring putting Datsyuk and Zetterberg on a line again.

At least we have a hard working Cleary with Pavs. No more slow Bert and Floatzen. Now it's just Floater

This is my first post so first of all hello to everybody from Good Old Blighty.

Secondly and most importantly I'm going Wings3-1.

We really need to capitalise on the periods of pressure we have managed put on them like in the third in the game just gone. In another game I would not have been shocked if we had turned them over by five or six but at the moment they seem to be getting the lucky bounces, surely that cannot continue?

On the other hand some of the daft penalties that we are giving away are the sort that you'd expect a team with lesser experience to be giving up. Irrespective of what some people may claim the Bertuzzi dance-off brought nothing to an end and rather than concentrating on the Predators targeting of Hank (see Tootoo's cheap shot on Sunday) we should be concentrating on our own game and stealing a break on the line match ups whilst we have home advantage.

Hope anybody going to the game has a great time, I have 2013 earmarked as my year for a trip to the Joe!

I love everything British, and if I were rich, I'd prove it. Welcome!! :thumbup:

Wings need to shell Rinne again, bury the easy chances unlike on Sunday, keep the crease crowded, and actually play physical, kronner needs a series changing hit NOW.

And keep rotating/moving on the power play. Thank you! :D

Edited by Vladifan

I've tried to detach myself from the playoff run this year expecting nothing. But I've bought in after game 2, then let down again after game 3.

I have little faith in us pulling this game out. I hope we do.

Nervous.

If anyone wants to let Franzen know the playoffs started ,that would be a very solid thing to do.

I still think Babcock should put Franzen at centre. Franzen himself said he plays better there. Are you listening Babcock? I also mentioned that when the playoffs start, the wings will be a heavily penalized team. This will not change because of the mental fortitude which they do not possess. I have seen this for at least the last 6 years. It's probably gone on longer than that. Unfortunately, with regard to where players are positioned, Babcock is too stubborn to make courageous moves. That why he gets outcoached in key games. The other coaches make changes. Babcock just stands there and swigs his water. Nashville is a very good team and very hungry. Detroit could be a very good team, depending on their disposition.

There is no words for how big tonight's game is! I am super jacked and really ready to see the Wings come out and play a solid 60 minutes! I feel like they have the skill and the leadership to come out hard.

STAY OUT OF THE PENALTY BOX!!!!! If the refs allow that!

If we get a PP goal tonight, we win in regulation. If we don't get a PP goal tonight, we win in 2OT.

LET'S GO WINGS!