• Please log in to reply
1515 replies to this topic

#1201 Carman

Carman

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 5,113 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 09:34 PM

Defensive breakdowns are the story of the past few seasons. You aren't going far if you give up as many odd man rushes and wide open shots in the slot.

Not sure what needs to change, coaching, or players but Holland needs to find a remedy soon.

#1202 Red Wings Addict

Red Wings Addict

This is how I watch Wings games

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,749 posts

What's really sad about this is that I believe the Wings are giving their best. It's just not good enough for 2nd round appearance let alone a cup.

#1203 beachwing

beachwing

Reader

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,236 posts

Despite the bonehead play by Howie, the wings have had their chances every game to be up in this series and simply disnt convert!

We dominated this game and when we couldnt breakthrough and then gave up

#1204 Tr!PoD#19

Tr!PoD#19

Troll

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,267 posts

NO HOWARD IS JUST ANOTHER GUY HE WAS NEVER GOLIER NUMBER F......................1 HE WAS AVERAGE THE ENTIRE SEASON. I WILL BE GLAD IF NSHs***Y WIN THE NEXT GAME LIDNSTROf***STOM DESERVE IT, HAVING A C HE SHOULD OF TALK TO THE TEAM. A BANCH OF SWEEDS MORONS

Haha I love this guy

#1205 BigWinston

BigWinston

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 203 posts

Don't know whether to laugh or cry with this performance. It's a shambles...

Wings are performing as well as the officials and the Preds apparent tactic of skating around until the wings shoot themselves in the foot is working fine so far.... Expect more of the same in the next game... Zzzzzzz

#1206 brett

brett

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,935 posts

I guess Rinne is that good.

Im trying to figure out how this team won 23 games straight at home this year?

#1207 SaCkaveli20

SaCkaveli20

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,078 posts

But Franzen is money in the playoffs!!!! Get the f*** out of here.
At least Hossa's going out like a man; on a stretcher.(note im NOT making fun of his injury, hope he is fine)
Franzen is going out floating.

#1208 Draperfan

Draperfan

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 923 posts

Good night Red Wings. The last 21 years have been fun.

Another TRUE redwing fan
user posted image

#1209 Nightfall

Nightfall

My goal is to deny yours!

• Gold Booster
  • 3,665 posts

Out of Nashville's 12 goals in the series, I'd say three of them were skill. The others were lucky deflections, bounces, ect.

I have to agree here.

I haven't seen many skilled goals. I have seen more blown coverage by the Wings or lucky bounces by the Preds. Pure s*** ass luck goals.
Christopher Brian Dudek
My Domain

#1210 IllinoisRedWingsFan

IllinoisRedWingsFan

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 529 posts

Ken Holland NEEDS to go. He has become too complicit in terms of improving this team. Offer what you need to Mike to bring back Stevie Y. IF Mike was smart he would have fired Mike Babcock and bring in Ken Hitchcock..

#1211 plopster

plopster

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 269 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 09:35 PM

How about we get a coach the makes adjustments in the game? All I see are guys taking the puck to the outside and shooting from stupid angles. The only one I saw go to the middle was Bert. And why in the hell don't they attack the middle of the slot on the PP when every time they shoot the puck squirts out there. How many times did that need to happen for someone to adjust? And why the hell is pavel getting beat to the puck on an icing? Obviously half this team is beat to s***. If they don't acquire someone to fill that gap they have in the salary cap that is fast and strong and gritty or at least a couple guys that fit that description, then I just don't think they understand why they keep choking in the playoffs.

#1212 brennan17

brennan17

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 723 posts

We really need a legit young forward.. All of our stars are aging and on the decline.. I fear that all we are gonna do next year is inject some youth from gr, like nyquist, smith and Tatar and call it an offseason,,

#1213 CaliforniaWingsFan

CaliforniaWingsFan

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 710 posts

Well I'm glad that Franzen stepped it up to his playoff level.......................all he did was stand by the net while a puck went in off of his leg. This guy is terrible wish we had Hossa.

#1214 cnot19

cnot19

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 508 posts

we have to get bigger and more physical.
Get me a real fourth line Kenny!

#1215 frankgrimes

frankgrimes

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,092 posts

is it bad to just be speechless after something like that?

bg44.jpg

Thank you so much perfect human being #5

Welcome to hockeytown Jonas aka Lundquist 2 Gustavsson!

Phase I: injury rattled roster Phase II: BABCOCK Phase III: Playoffs XXIII !

#1216 datterberg1340

datterberg1340

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,355 posts

we looked more like a team built for the pre-season rather than a squad put together to challenge for the Cup

I hope the complacency doesn't continue much longer, the whole team looks indifferent out there, like they're all in some sort of trance

we had things going good after Game 2, now we're facing elimination and may win only 1 playoff game this year, pretty awful turn of events

Nashville basically just waited for us to f*** up, and f*** up we sure did, that first goal they had waived off should have counted, so really it should have been even worse than it was

#1217 redwashington2000

redwashington2000

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 443 posts

FILIPILA= IN MUY NATIVE LANGUAGE FILI IS OK BUT PULA IS A TRANSLATION OF COCK ITS LIKE SAYING FILICOCK

#1218 Liquidsnake

Liquidsnake

Prospect

• 47 posts

And game.

If we happen to lose this series, did anyone expect us to even get far in this years playoff? I'd say no.

I didn't...Until I saw the Canucks struggle. Then I realized if we could get past the Preds we could possibly do something.

Think about it. If either the Blues or the Coyotes lose their series, and we win, we'd have home ice in round 2. (this is all assuming LA beats Vancouver)

However, we haven't been nearly good enough against the Preds.

I'm a big fan of Howard, but he was brutal tonight.

Lidstrom, not sure whether he's hurt, or just past it, but he hasn't looked good all series.

Stuart's blocked alot of shots, but he's made some serious blunder.

Ericsson can look good one minute, and then lazy with terrible passes the next.

Flip, Hudler (even though he scored), Franzen, Bert (aside from Game 2), haven't shown up for the series.

As people have said, we have to stop this board play, we aren't getting pure chances. Yeah alot of shots, but most of them awful.

Still holding out hope for Friday, But i've got a bad feeling..I will say i think if we can win Game 5, just like last year we will win game 6 at home and send it to a 7th game, where anything can happen.

But Friday night is going to be tough...One things for sure, Howard and our D have to be rock solid.

#1219 Super Wing

Super Wing

Draftee

• 10 posts

If we could actually put the puck in the goal, then perhaps we'd win a few more. We dominated that game, and somehow only scored one to Nashville's three. I mean what was the final shot stat? 40-16 or something? Ridiculous.

#1220 metalkorn

metalkorn

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 450 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 09:36 PM

Whine whine whine...sounds like a canucks site

I'd be more pissed off if i was a canucks fan. trading away one of the leagues top new prospects for a nobody. Buffalo won that deal. And we complain bout Quincey for a draft pick that may or may not turn into something.