• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

WCQF Game Four GDT : Predators 3 at Red Wings 1

Rate this topic

Guest Hatethedrake!

I think the Wings are going to win this series. They beat San Jose 3 times in a row last year. They can do the same to the Preds. The Wings should be up 3-1 in this series but the Preds are getting all the breaks. I picked the Preds to win this series in 7, but having seen these 4 games has made me realize the Preds are not as good as I thought they were. The Wings need to do a better job of attacking the middle of the ice and screening Rinne. Filppula needs to improve. Franzen needs to drive to the net more. Nick needs to assert himself into this series. Jimmy needs to be better than Rinne. All these things can be accomplished. The pressure is on Nashville now as the hardest game to win is the 4th one. The Wings have already won in their building. I think the Wings are the better team here and believe they will win the series. Have fatih Wings fans. We win Friday, Sunday and Tuesday and move on to round 2. :thumbup:

Watching the goal where Lidstrom, White, Hudler, AND Howard all follow Erat to the corner, I can't help but think "What the hell is going on with this team defensively?"

They can play a mostly solid game but then look like the little kids who play hockey in between periods, everyone on the ice following the puck wherever it goes.

That's not the kind of crap they usually do in the playoffs. They may not be super fast or big, but they're usually experienced and poised.

In 3 games Johan Franzen has one point, the goal that bounced off him into the net.

9 Shots on goal. 8 penalty minutes. -1.

Where's the playoff beast that's the justifies tolerating his half-assed regular season play?

The team in general is awful. Not just Franzen. Everyone except for maybe two people.

Watching the goal where Lidstrom, White, Hudler, AND Howard all follow Erat to the corner, I can't help but think "What the hell is going on with this team defensively?"

They can play a mostly solid game but then look like the little kids who play hockey in between periods, everyone on the ice following the puck wherever it goes.

That's not the kind of crap they usually do in the playoffs. They may not be super fast or big, but they're usually experienced and poised.

Yeah, I keep watching it and shaking my head. Hudler looks like he may be about to get burned, so I understand why Lidstrom went to him. But watching White put his head down and sprint towards a guy already dogged by two players blows my mind. AND THEN Howard leaves his crease by about 5 feet to cut down the angle on a guy who had no scoring angle to speak of and was completely neutralized in terms of the shot. Lemmings.

After that goal where the 4 players went to erat, after they scored lidstroms reaction was something i have never seen before. Nick looked immediately at white and was making an angry face as if he wanted to ask what the hell he was doing...but then he just skated away and chose to not say anything at that point. I have never seen nick so angry looking like that before.

The team in general is awful. Not just Franzen. Everyone except for maybe two people.

I don't disagree, but when your team isn't doing well especially come playoff time, you look to your big players. Datsyuk, Zetterberg, Franzen.

Dats and Z haven't been bad and even when they're not scoring they're strong defensively. When Franzen isn't scoring he's not doing much else. You can't rely on him to hit because half the time when he does it it's because he's mad and bound to take a penalty.

And like I said in another post, he's a known floater during the regular season, taking games off. And the answer is always "wait until the playoffs."

The Wings can't wait much longer.

I agree, we have made a very minimal amount of mistakes in this series but when we have they have been terrible and ended up in the back of our net.

After that goal where the 4 players went to erat, after they scored lidstroms reaction was something i have never seen before. Nick looked immediately at white and was making an angry face as if he wanted to ask what the hell he was doing...but then he just skated away and chose to not say anything at that point. I have never seen nick so angry looking like that before.

Yeah... When the pass goes back to Klein, Lidstrom turns to see the play only to half-run-into White. In the moment, Lidstrom is understandably surprised to see him. When the puck is in the back of his net, he does stop and appear to say something over his shoulder to White before skating off in disgust.

I agree, we have made a very minimal amount of mistakes in this series but when we have they have been terrible and ended up in the back of our net.

lets look at the 3 losses

game 1:

Guastad's goal came after we lost a board battle, and a fluky bounce of Stuart's skates

Bourque's first goal: fluky deflection off a point shot

Bourque's 2nd: another turnover after not handling a ferocious forecheck

game 3:

Weber PPG came after 2 of our guys broke their sticks on the PK

Klein scored because Stuart was in California, at least mentally

Kostitsyn scored because Fil made a bad read and gave the preds a 3 on 1 break

game 4:

Bourque was left all alone by Abdelkader, who decided to camp behind the net instead of covering bourque

2nd goal has been rehashed

3rd goal was another mental breakdown by cleary

none of these goals came because Nashville created them, rather it was because of mistakes by the wings (forced or unforced) that were capitalized by them, or fluky goals.

The Predators have gotten their fair share of breaks/bounces, but it is pretty clear by now this group of Red Wings isn't good enough to overcome adversity. The Sharks won a bunch of close games too the past two playoff years before this one against Detroit. The Red Wings talent and depth could pull them through in some of their deep runs after the lockout.

The league has caught up and surpassed the Red Wings. Every year we keep relying on bounces and luck is another year other teams in the NHL have adjusted and gotten faster and bigger. The excuses have to stop this summer and the Red Wings organization has to acknowledge that complacency has run its course here. Don't get me wrong, the Red Wings are still a good team as is, but if the Predators win this series, three early playoff exits screams for some major changes.

lets look at the 3 losses

game 1:

Guastad's goal came after we lost a board battle, and a fluky bounce of Stuart's skates

Bourque's first goal: fluky deflection off a point shot

Bourque's 2nd: another turnover after not handling a ferocious forecheck

game 3:

Weber PPG came after 2 of our guys broke their sticks on the PK

Klein scored because Stuart was in California, at least mentally

Kostitsyn scored because Fil made a bad read and gave the preds a 3 on 1 break

game 4:

Bourque was left all alone by Abdelkader, who decided to camp behind the net instead of covering bourque

2nd goal has been rehashed

3rd goal was another mental breakdown by cleary

none of these goals came because Nashville created them, rather it was because of mistakes by the wings (forced or unforced) that were capitalized by them, or fluky goals.

Also keep in mind that the puck was going no where near Bourque until it hit the skate and put him in a perfect position to bury the shot.

I think the Wings are going to win this series. They beat San Jose 3 times in a row last year. They can do the same to the Preds. The Wings should be up 3-1 in this series but the Preds are getting all the breaks. I picked the Preds to win this series in 7, but having seen these 4 games has made me realize the Preds are not as good as I thought they were. The Wings need to do a better job of attacking the middle of the ice and screening Rinne. Filppula needs to improve. Franzen needs to drive to the net more. Nick needs to assert himself into this series. Jimmy needs to be better than Rinne. All these things can be accomplished. The pressure is on Nashville now as the hardest game to win is the 4th one. The Wings have already won in their building. I think the Wings are the better team here and believe they will win the series. Have fatih Wings fans. We win Friday, Sunday and Tuesday and move on to round 2. :thumbup:

^See, that's what I want to hear! I can understand everyone's frustration, and I share that. But instead of jumping on the player's backs, let's really get behind the team! Come on you Red Wings!

Edited by Super Wing