1515 replies to this topic

#1221 Nightfall

Nightfall

My goal is to deny yours!

• Gold Booster
  • 3,744 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 09:36 PM

Another TRUE redwing fan

This forum is full of em. The only way to get rid of them is to have 2-3 completely crap seasons. Course, the problem is that when the Wings get better, the TRUE fans will return. Just ask any Tampa Bay Lightning fan.
Christopher Brian Dudek
My Domain

#1222 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,742 posts

Posted Image
According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#1223 King Crane

King Crane

3rd Line Checker

• Silver Booster
  • 387 posts

It's a really awesome feeling to know that out of 11 Preds goals, 9 of them took ZERO skill. The series isn't over, but it's clear which team spent more time collecting lucky charms, and which one was grinding on the ice day in and day out.

"I'll smile in June" - Jimmy Howard 

#1224 The Greek

The Greek

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 399 posts

I wish LGW was a sports bar. It would be hilarious to see a bunch of grown ass men acting like this in the real world. The things some of you guys say about the players is ridiculous. They're human beings playing a game which has no bearing on areas of your life aside from your fandom. I have read instances of people wishing injury upon players, which is totally f***ed. If i were a psychiatrist or a gastroenterologist (for your ulcers) I would plaster my ads all over this site.

#1225 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,625 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 09:37 PM

I wish I kept a head count of everyone stating the "In Kenny we trust! We trust Kenny!" bulls*** after the deadline. Enema time within the organization, boys and girls.

All you have to do is look at my plus/minus stats. It was nearly +300 on the deadline, it's below +190 now. That pretty much sums up the Holland slappies... Hey all the "In Kenny We Trust" guys...where is playoff Franzen?

Don't Be Jealous, But I Live Here...

www.thinkdunes.com

Aww You Mad Bro? Are You Butt Hurt?

#1226 redwashington2000

redwashington2000

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 443 posts

this team is not build to win the cap they can try but they will never go past 2 round

#1227 Carman

Carman

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 5,114 posts

Nashville is making their bounces on the forecheck and the rush. They have had way more odd man rushes then Detroit.

#1228 egroen

egroen

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 4,619 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 09:38 PM

Embarrassing loss tonight.
Red Kelly #4 and Larry Aurie #6 belong in the rafters!!!

"For my game, I don't need to score the goal," Konstantinov once explained. "I need someone to start thinking about me and forgetting about scoring goals."

#1229 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,742 posts

I have to agree here.

I haven't seen many skilled goals. I have seen more blown coverage by the Wings or lucky bounces by the Preds. Pure s*** ass luck goals.

Your sentence has a major contradiction which I had to point out earlier to several people.

Blown coverage and luck are not synonymous. It means the defensive team just isn't good enough to win.

#1230 Rhah

Rhah

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 502 posts

Should have been 4 to 1, we couldn't win even with Refs giving us a miracle gift of a non-goal.

#1231 b.shanafan14

b.shanafan14

One good Swede deserves another!

• Silver Booster
  • 2,870 posts

Out of Nashville's 12 goals in the series, I'd say three of them were skill. The others were lucky deflections, bounces, horrible defensive breakdowns, soft goaltending ect.

The Wings shooters couldn't hit the house if they were standing in it, made even worse by Rinne being a beast. On the other hand, sloppy bounces or not, you goaltender needs to give you one damn save. The real final score is 4-1, lest we not forget the goal-line shot Howard let trickle in before the refs confused Jimmy's intent to blow with their own.

#1232 NHLrules?

NHLrules?

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 947 posts

Jimmy howard is fine.

Our Df****** sucks and to be honest Lids has been on the downslope since 08.

Its sad but unless we make the changes needed (personel, coach, GM) we will miss the playoffs within the next 3 years.

Book it.

PS: Ian White is af****** retard and our entire team has given up on D.

Edited by NHLrules?, 17 April 2012 - 09:39 PM.

#1233 cnot19

cnot19

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 544 posts

It's a really awesome feeling to know that out of 11 Preds goals, 9 of them took ZERO skill. The series isn't over, but it's clear which team spent more time collecting lucky charms, and which one was grinding on the ice day in and day out.

Thats it right there, this team does not have much drive or determination. Time to inject some new faces and new bigger bodies. Please bring in some guys who want to skate and destroy a guy along the boards.
Get me a real fourth line Kenny!

#1234 Tr!PoD#19

Tr!PoD#19

Troll

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,337 posts

Defensive breakdowns are the story of the past few seasons. You aren't going far if you give up as many odd man rushes and wide open shots in the slot.

Not sure what needs to change, coaching, or players but Holland needs to find a remedy soon.

Who knows? Some new faces might do some good. A better bottom six would do wonders. Some faster, fresher legs. Guys who don't break into pieces every season.

#1235 Red Wings Addict

Red Wings Addict

This is how I watch Wings games

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,749 posts

I wish LGW was a sports bar. It would be hilarious to see a bunch of grown ass men acting like this in the real world. The things some of you guys say about the players is ridiculous. They're human beings playing a game which has no bearing on areas of your life aside from your fandom. I have read instances of people wishing injury upon players, which is totally f***ed. If i were a psychiatrist or a gastroenterologist (for your ulcers) I would plaster my ads all over this site.

Oh that would be fun as hell to watch. Standing there behind two way glass or whatever. I'd write a research paper on that.

#1236 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,742 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 09:39 PM

The only person I wished injury on in this series is Weber.

And maybe a few other Nashville players.

I take exception to that part of your post.

#1237 Yzerfan1999

Yzerfan1999

Hall-of-Famer

• Silver Booster
  • 2,451 posts

FACK. We are getting Giguered ala 2003! I tried to tell myself it wasnt happening, but it is. Saying that, the Wings haven't had many clear chances at all. Kronwall and Franzen should have scored on their moves in front of the net, but we've had NO chances like Bourque or Klein's goals this game. Nashville D is playing really well.

I'd like to see MUCH more out of Filppula - he has been HORRID so far. Cleary played well tonight, if I were Babs I would have moved him up to play with Zetter and Huds, at least Cleary was fighting for pucks. Fil looks really uninterested.

Gah. Here's to hoping the Wings can win on Friday and get Lidstrom one more shot to play at home.
When you lose, say little. When you win, say less.

--Thanks for the Sig. Offsides--

#1238 drwscc

drwscc

I drink your milkshake...I drink it up!!!!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,289 posts

Faith is to believe what you do not yet see; the reward for this faith is to see what you believe.

I went to a doctor the other day, and all he did was suck blood out of my neck. Never go see Dr. Acula
- Mitch Hedberg

#1239 redwashington2000

redwashington2000

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 443 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 09:40 PM

this forum is full of bull s*** j.... crap, let people vent out don't send out this small f..... personal messages,I personaly don't give a S............... about it
Go nas***ville

Edited by redwashington2000, 17 April 2012 - 09:40 PM.

#1240 joesuffP

joesuffP

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,944 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 09:40 PM

Flippula has been useless all series, Franzen looked like he was trying but their offense has no system or style all they do is hang on to it along the perimeter... I think coaching and flippula need to be moved... Flippula is good and all just not a top six forward on a Stanley cup winning team. He will never have as much value as he does right now