• Please log in to reply
1515 replies to this topic

#1241 Rhah

Rhah

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 502 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 09:40 PM

Bert shoulda let them play more ping pong, maybe they would have been more tired for the game tonight.

#1242 esteef

esteef

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 8,874 posts

Don't get mad or you're not a "true" fan? f*** off!

esteef
"The Wings haven't won a Cup without Darren McCarty since 1955."

#1243 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,590 posts

NO HOWARD IS JUST ANOTHER GUY HE WAS NEVER GOLIER NUMBER F......................1 HE WAS AVERAGE THE ENTIRE SEASON. I WILL BE GLAD IF NSHs***Y WIN THE NEXT GAME LIDNSTROf***STOM DESERVE IT, HAVING A C HE SHOULD OF TALK TO THE TEAM. A BANCH OF SWEEDS MORONS

Juckf****** Pott!

Don't Be Jealous, But I Live Here...

www.thinkdunes.com

#1244 NHLrules?

NHLrules?

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 947 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 09:41 PM

The Wings shooters couldn't hit the house if they were standing in it, made even worse by Rinne being a beast. On the other hand, sloppy bounces or not, you goaltender needs to give you one damn save. The real final score is 4-1, lest we not forget the goal-line shot Howard let trickle in before the refs confused Jimmy's intent to blow with their own.

Our Team D is af****** joke.

thats the way of the series and of this team in the last 3 years.

You dont win without D, and this team abandoned that after 08. Is it Babs, Lids being old or whatever: this team is a digrace on D. And thats the truth.

#1245 dirtydangles

dirtydangles

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,692 posts

this isn't a knee jerk reaction, I've said it for a while: we need to do some serious rebuilding and soon. we need to get younger and bigger. This starts with giving youngsters a chance, we already have a full cupboard of prospects its time to promote and trade some to make this team a contender. franzen and or fil can be traded this offseason imo, if it means we get a legitimate goal scorer all year round. Nash would be an option if we can't grab Parise. Simply we can't make it out of the first round. We need size and scoring. Smith and Nyquist need to be up full time next season and we need to sign a few more guys to grand rapids. Then seriously consider a blockbuster move.

Is there a kickstarter campaign for Jakub Kindl to never play another NHL game?

#1246 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,662 posts

Flippula has been useless all series, Franzen looked like he was trying but their offense has no system or style all they do is hang on to it along the perimeter... I think coaching and flippula need to be moved... Flippula is good and all just not a top six forward on a Stanley cup winning team. He will never have as much value as he does right now

I don't know what Flip's problem is.

He had his best season ever and has been good in the playoffs before. All of a sudden, he's having a terrible playoff in this of all seasons.

WTF?
According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#1247 Nightfall

Nightfall

My goal is to deny yours!

• Gold Booster
  • 3,739 posts

It's a really awesome feeling to know that out of 11 Preds goals, 9 of them took ZERO skill. The series isn't over, but it's clear which team spent more time collecting lucky charms, and which one was grinding on the ice day in and day out.

I have to agree here.

Not that I think that Rinne hasn't been awesome, because he has. He has had to be great for the Preds to win each of their games. The Wings haven't had the puck luck or a fully healthy squad that is needed to win the cup. Its just too bad that it looks like they will be ousted in the 1st round unless something changes. I have faith in the Wings though.
Christopher Brian Dudek
My Domain

#1248 HadThomasVokounOnFortSt

HadThomasVokounOnFortSt

Hi

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,067 posts
  • Location:Cloudy Town, Minnesota. 762.20 miles from the Joe Louis Arena

Posted 17 April 2012 - 09:42 PM

NO HOWARD IS JUST ANOTHER GUY HE WAS NEVER GOLIER NUMBER F......................1 HE WAS AVERAGE THE ENTIRE SEASON. I WILL BE GLAD IF NSHs***Y WIN THE NEXT GAME LIDNSTROf***STOM DESERVE IT, HAVING A C HE SHOULD OF TALK TO THE TEAM. A BANCH OF SWEEDS MORONS

This guy makes my day, it's been a s***ty day many reasons so thank you :)
hadthomasvokounonfortst.jpg
Follow me on Twitter: @W2G4U

#1249 Yzerfan1999

Yzerfan1999

Hall-of-Famer

• Silver Booster
  • 2,451 posts

Jimmy howard is fine.

No. I don't think he is. Legwand's goals (yes, both of them even though the first was waved off) were HORRIBLY weak, and Nashville's second goal was one of the worst cases of over committing on a puck i've ever seen. Forgivable a couple years ago, but Howard's got to start stealing games for the Wings. I think he has the talent, but he isn't showing the consistency.
When you lose, say little. When you win, say less.

--Thanks for the Sig. Offsides--

#1250 Winged Wheel

Winged Wheel

Prospect

• 42 posts

Show 'em at the box office next season. Get rid of Holland. Get rid of Babcock. Two imposters along with a half dozen or so marginal players. Illitch will get the message. Offer Bowman or Yzerman the world to unf*** this entire organization.

#1251 redwashington2000

redwashington2000

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 443 posts

Juckf****** Pott!

bla bla bla what a swid can say ??????????ask MULE what he brought to the team in this palyoff.

#1252 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

In the end, there's just no scoring depth. Miller and Eaves can score, but Eaves is out and Miller is playing on a line centered by Abdelkader. Abdelkader is effective as a winger but ineffective as a center. Nyquist is not yet big enough or experienced enough to make an impact. Holmstrom and Emmerton are generally ineffective; neither can really check or score. It's a shame that Helm is out, but really he's had the quality of a 4th-line center this season; he's not an effective scorer. And so on.

Rinne has been excellent, as has the defense for the Predators. The big guns for the Wings have been inexplicably silent. This may be the combination of the aforementioned factors. Tough to say.

#1253 Nightfall

Nightfall

My goal is to deny yours!

• Gold Booster
  • 3,739 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 09:43 PM

Don't get mad or you're not a "true" fan? f*** off!

esteef

Big difference between mad, like I am, and quitting.
Christopher Brian Dudek
My Domain

#1254 puckbags

puckbags

The Future

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,600 posts
  • Location:Cobble Hill, BC, Canada ( 2,522 Miles from the Joe)

Show 'em at the box office next season. Get rid of Holland. Get rid of Babcock. Two imposters along with a half dozen or so marginal players. Illitch will get the message. Offer Bowman or Yzerman the world to unf*** this entire organization.

LOL, this place is awesome !

"Hard Work Beats Talent When Talent Refuses to Work Hard"

LGW after 1 loss is irrational, after a few in a row it becomes quite comical, 22 playoff appearances in a row and 4 cups in that time and still going strong. Relaxxxxx !!

#1255 cnot19

cnot19

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 544 posts

I dont see much positive about this postseason, besides Ericsson. Hes looked very good out there, taking the body, taking hits to make plays, and not turning anything over. Hes had some offensive chances as well, hopefully he can start to convert on some of those.
Get me a real fourth line Kenny!

#1256 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,603 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 09:44 PM

Posted Image

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#1257 Firehawk

Firehawk

Don't Touch My Pop

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,857 posts

What a dejecting feeling. All this talent and they can't muster more than 1 goal in a must win game.

You have to give the preds all the credit. All night they were SOLID defensively. They didn't even need Rinne to stand on his head. Most of the shots he stopped were easy saves, and we couldn't bury rebounds. Very very frustrating.

Howard isn't the problem, we can't score more than 1 goal or 2 goals a game. It's ridiculous.

I'm frustrated with the complete defensive breakdown on that game winner, where 3 players went for Kline INCLUDING howard. Howard looked stupid on that play. But whatever.

I'm tired of hearing the wings 'try to stay positive'. WIN THE DAMN GAME, stop talking!

Whatever. We need some size and we need SPEED. We have all the talent in the world, but we're too slow and the punishment in the playoffs wears us down.

So frustrating
U GUYS ARE FUKIN ANYOING IM GONNA COME DOWN THERE AND KILL ALL YALL THE ONLY THING THAT SAVED UR TEAM WAS OSGOOD AND OSSGOOD SUKS 2 JUST LIKE UR WHOLE FUKIN TEAM I HOPE U HEARD THIS AND THINK CAUSE ALL I GOT TO SAY TO U IS UR A BUNCH OF FUKIN IDIOTS BARONS A HOOSER CUSE HE WENT TO UR TEAM AND I HOPE U GUYS SHOULD SEND UR TEAM TO ANOTHER CITY CAUSE U GUYS ARE A BUNCH OF FUKIN WHINERS GO CANUCKS GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! --- A canucks fan on stltoday.com

This was so funny I had to set it as my sig.

#1258 esteef

esteef

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 8,874 posts

Who cares if people quit? Quit trying to police people's emotions.

esteef
"The Wings haven't won a Cup without Darren McCarty since 1955."

#1259 MTU_Huskies963

MTU_Huskies963

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,810 posts

Lids has to go, he can't be demanding that kind of money at the level he is at. All good things come to end. I am grateful to see him play in my time, and even more grateful that he was on our team. :clap: I hope they do win game 5 so I can, maybe see his last game at the joe.

#1260 Hatchet Barry

Hatchet Barry

Long Live The Winged Wheel

• PipPipPip
  • 675 posts

Flippula has been useless all series, Franzen looked like he was trying but their offense has no system or style all they do is hang on to it along the perimeter... I think coaching and flippula need to be moved... Flippula is good and all just not a top six forward on a Stanley cup winning team. He will never have as much value as he does right now

You are a f***in idiot. Do you even watch this team on a regular basis. I bet you were saying that about Datsyuk too before the '08 Cup win. Get off the wagon already you ******.

Never undersestimate the predictability of stupidity