1515 replies to this topic

#1281 cnot19

cnot19

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 544 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 09:48 PM

That's a frightening thought.

That it is, but what else could we possibly see positively?
Get me a real fourth line Kenny!

#1282 BottleOfSmoke

BottleOfSmoke

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,956 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 09:48 PM

So disappointing. Really thought we were gonna pull off a good win tonight.

LGWsig_zpsa75c5d1e.jpg

#1283 jeff48109

jeff48109

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,521 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 09:49 PM

and we dont even have our first round pick this year...

#1284 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,574 posts

bla bla bla what a swid can say ??????????ask MULE what he brought to the team in this palyoff.

Dude, I am on your side....please do not mistake me for a Franzen fan.

Don't Be Jealous Because I Live Here...

www.thinkdunes.com

#1285 Fonzarelli

Fonzarelli

Rookie

• Pip
  • 131 posts

1334716781[/url]' post='2291460']
FACK. We are getting Giguered ala 2003! I tried to tell myself it wasnt happening, but it is. Saying that, the Wings haven't had many clear chances at all. Kronwall and Franzen should have scored on their moves in front of the net, but we've had NO chances like Bourque or Klein's goals this game. Nashville D is playing really well.

I'd like to see MUCH more out of Filppula - he has been HORRID so far. Cleary played well tonight, if I were Babs I would have moved him up to play with Zetter and Huds, at least Cleary was fighting for pucks. Fil looks really uninterested.

Gah. Here's to hoping the Wings can win on Friday and get Lidstrom one more shot to play at home.

There's the problem. Babcock won't do anything. His system is flawed because it is overly predictable. Because the Preds know what they're going to do, the wings can't score more than a couple. Franzen is misused and not a factor. Defense is slow and lacks discipline. The team lacks passion. Look at radulov. You can see his fire and passion. It is evident beyond doubt. Where is that passion on our team?

#1286 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,643 posts

Can't believe Howard is getting a pass here.

If he doesn't give up that 2nd goal, I think we comeback and win this game. The JLA was rocking after that Hudler goal. Howard killed the momentum. Yeah the D screwed up the coverage, but he didn't have to join them. I still don't know what he was doing.
According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#1287 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 09:50 PM

Man.....what I would give to have Bowman back behind the benches....

Ya, Bowman never lost series. See how much absence makes the heart grow fonder. He got beaten in four straight games by the Avalanche in 1999 after going up 2-0, then lost to the Avalanche again the next season. The season after that, the Wings were trounced in the 1st round by the Kings. All of this, despite the fact that the Wings had a massive payroll. Hmm... two second-round exits and a first-round exit (and in a cap-less league). Does that sound familiar? Of course, the Wings haven't gotten that first-round exit yet this season. Whatever the case, I don't doubt that people were calling for Bowman to be replaced after those three seasons.

In short, Bowman was great, yes, but he lost too, and there was no salary cap back then, which meant that the Wings massively outspent most teams, something they cannot do now. So don't act as if his presence meant a guaranteed win, because, despite the advantage (payroll) that the Wings had over most teams back then, it most certainly didn't.

Edited by Crymson, 17 April 2012 - 09:53 PM.

#1288 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,643 posts

Dude, I am on your side....please do not mistake me for a Franzen fan.

Franzen leads our team in GWG these playoffs.

#1289 MTU_Huskies963

MTU_Huskies963

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,810 posts

"Winging it in Motown". They are throwing a real hissy fit over there. I hate that blog.

Anyways, hats off to Rinne. He deserves all of the credit.

This series isn't over with yet, but IF Detroit should fail to come back, they will be in need of some major changes, and that also means in the coaching department. It's time.

Would not expect anything less from a guy that is going to be paid 7M a year :hehe:

#1290 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 16,868 posts

Just a friendly reminder, talking about the game, including bitching after a loss is on topic.

Lecturing other people about their posts and what constitutes a "real fan" is not. Talk about the game and the team, not each other please.

#1291 Nyquistfan14

Nyquistfan14

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,089 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 09:51 PM

I think Howard was the only thing that kept us close in game 1. Our D was letting up so many great chances that he was stopping...

Ya maybe thats the problem. Tonight we gave up like 3 chances and they scored every single time

#1292 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,643 posts

Ya, Bowman never lost series. See how much absence makes the heart grow fonder. He got beaten in four straight games by the Avalanche in 1999 after going up 2-0, then lost to the Avalanche again the next season. The season after that, the Wings were trounced in the 1st round by the Kings. Hmm... two second-round exits and a first-round exit. Does that sound familiar? Of course, the Wings haven't gotten that first-round exit yet.

But yeesh. Bowman was great, yes, but he lost too, and there was no salary cap back then. So don't act as if his presence meant a guaranteed win, because it most certainly didn't.

Wasn't Bowman's fault Ranford or Ozzie were terrible in those series you mentioned.

Bowman was a master at making changes and didn't allow things to get stale as much as Babcock does. He was better at motivating players also. Babcock can't motivate anything right now.

#1293 edicius

edicius

Professional drinker.

• HoF Booster
  • 25,212 posts

Defensive breakdowns are the story of the past few seasons. You aren't going far if you give up as many odd man rushes and wide open shots in the slot.

Not sure what needs to change, coaching, or players but Holland needs to find a remedy soon.

I'd say we either need an experienced defensive coach (we haven't had a good one since before McCrimmon, RIP) or an overhaul of the defensive corps. The former is probably easier, though the latter would probably be more effective. Both, however, would be preferable at this point, considering how mortal this defense has looked for the past 3 years.

ABV_sig.png

Can't listen live? Check out MoreLikeRadio.org for show archives!

#1294 cnot19

cnot19

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 544 posts

If he doesn't give up that 2nd goal, I think we comeback and win this game. The JLA was rocking after that Hudler goal. Howard killed the momentum. Yeah the D screwed up the coverage, but he didn't have to join them. I still don't know what he was doing.

Id like to look at shots per game to verify this, but its just my feeling and what ive seen. Howard is not very good when there are not many shots on net. I feel hes at his best in the 25-30 range, but he struggles when the wings are controlling the play and the other team isnt getting a decent amount of shots.
Get me a real fourth line Kenny!

#1295 ben_usmc

ben_usmc

Kenny Powers Fan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,818 posts

Good to see the 06 red wings have shown the f*** up. Great you put up 40 shots from the peremeter, seriously holland is pathetic. You sign a an overrated lazy piece of s*** like Franzen to a life time contract. You are happy with the team?? The same team who lost to SJ 2 years in a row? Every team attempted to do something, our big move Kylef****** Quincey (who played very well tonight). Also the line up you put out there Babcock and your refusal to put the power line out there? f*** this arrogant orginazation and team, I'm so pissed. I just hope a 1st round lose actually makes Ken Holland pull out his tampoon and change this abortion of a hockey team into a something that actually has af****** sack. If god willing we win this round, whoever we end facing will physically beat the s*** out of us anyway so it's a moot point. Of course we will continue to sign the same old tired ******* and walk the same old tired phrases from Ken Holland.
There's no I in team, but there's a U in c***, so don't be little jealous c***s

#1296 Hatchet Barry

Hatchet Barry

Long Live The Winged Wheel

• PipPipPip
  • 675 posts

You're not the only one. I have to hear his comments regarding that goal. WTF was he thinking on that play. No need to overcommit like that.

Never undersestimate the predictability of stupidity

#1297 MabusIncarnate

MabusIncarnate

The Truth Is Out There

• Silver Booster Mod
  • 2,202 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 09:52 PM

We are down 3-1.. series isn't over yet. Maybe i'm too much of an optimistic sports fan but we aren't technically "done".

I don't think the Canucks and Penguins are washed up teams on the decline and they are in worse situations then we are right now. Fact is... it's the playoffs. One bounce off of Stuart's shin pad never happens and we could be in a 2-2 series right now. Every little bounce counts, and if you take into consideration how a lot of goals were scored throughout this series, it's hard to blame the team as a whole opposed to just bad luck and the puck bouncing the wrong way. Yeah we are down, I get that, but I don't think it's as catastrophic of a situation as a lot of people think it is.

13585921555_24551f5658.jpg

#1298 datterberg1340

datterberg1340

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,361 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 09:53 PM

that was a huge gaffe by all involved giving up that goal, probably the most embarrassing play I've seen in a long time, but this team is so fragile mentally that I doubt we would have won anyway

we HAD to score the 1st goal and failed to do that for the 3rd time in 4 games

#1299 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,643 posts

I think that's a myth these days. Datsyuk and Z, sure but where else on the roster does Det have an advantage?

Defensive depth and 2nd line talent for sure.

Just on paper. Not on the ice.

#1300 ShanahanMan

ShanahanMan

DUUUUUUUUH

• Silver Booster
  • 5,649 posts

For people comparing complaining Wings fans and complaining Canucks fans, you guys need to keep one thing in mind.

Just about every sensible fan of this team KNEW that we had holes, as well as opportunities and the money to address them. Holland chose not, instead simply relied on past success with the core players. In that, we all have a right to be angry, as Holland sitting on his hands, once again, has turned out to cost us big time.

Canucks on the other hand made it to game 7 of the stanley cup finals WITH THE SAME EXACT TEAM AS LEAST YEAR. They had every reason to believe they could do it again. However, surprises hit, and that would be the Kings. It's in no fault of the GM of the team, as he did what he was supposed to, and that was keeping a stanley cup team together. So those fans really have no right to actually "complain" as much as be frustrated with the outcome.

My two cents.

Screw Holland.

I HATE JASON WILLIAMS