• Please log in to reply
1515 replies to this topic

#1341 gcom007

gcom007

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,891 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 10:03 PM

with his lucky ass goal? Mule should spend less time focusing on hisf****** commericals and more time on actually playing hockey. Glad we kept him over a hard working two way player like Hossa, brilliant move Holland....

I will never forgive Holland for letting Hossa walk.
-Elliot...does not panic.

#1342 metalkorn

metalkorn

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 450 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 10:04 PM

Do we really want to spend Luongo money on a goalie that has the playoff success of Luongo? If you spend more then 3 Mil on a goalie good luck trying to offload them if you sign to a long term contract.

#1343 Liquidsnake

Liquidsnake

Prospect

• 45 posts

That contract makes it difficult to move him, hopefully someone would bite.

Agreed. We'd probably have to take a hit in what we'd get back in return, but I'd accept that just to shed the contract.

He's the kind of player the leafs would go for actually. Whether they want that contract is another story.

#1344 CrimsonFlame

CrimsonFlame

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 823 posts

He's paid as an average goalie though. So what do you expect? Ozzie was a steal for the salary...

He may be paid on average, but our defense corps is currently built as if he were an elite goalie. What amazing defender do we have on the blue line again? Aging/injured Lidstrom? Stuart who is already half way to San Jose? As much as I really like Ericsson if say he's a good defender I'm sure I'll be -50 by midnight.

The point is our defense is too average at well defending. And since our defense is average, and our goalie is average, we're going to need to be scoring a lot or we're going to lose a lot. And that's what's happening right now. We're in a scoring funk. Not to mention we're facing one of the true elite goalies of the NHL.

#1345 HadThomasVokounOnFortSt

HadThomasVokounOnFortSt

Hi

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,981 posts
  • Location:Cloudy Town, Minnesota. 762.20 miles from the Joe Louis Arena

Posted 17 April 2012 - 10:05 PM

MEN TELL ME ABOUT IT I SLAPED MY CAT I SENT MY WIFE SHOPING I SCREEMED AT MY F.........TV I BROKE MY REMOTE CONTROL DEVICE SO I WILLf****** SEND THE BILL TO MR. BABCOCK LET HE PAY IT ASS H....................OLDING

Damn that cat and wife put up with a lot of s*** lol
hadthomasvokounonfortst.jpg
Follow me on Twitter: @W2G4U

#1346 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 16,557 posts

I'm trying to hold out hope that the Wings come back, but the Preds have the look of a team that just wants it more.

There's just this intangible thing in the playoffs where your team desperately needs a goal and someone steps up. Bounces seem to go your way.

Pecker is a very good goaltender, but he's also had his defense bail him out and sometimes just get plain lucky. It's like there's a force field over the goal line.

But usually those kinds of breaks go to the team that is competing with everything they've got every shift.

The Wings just don't look that way.

#1347 MabusIncarnate

MabusIncarnate

The Truth Is Out There

• Silver Booster Mod
  • 2,040 posts

sorry my friend, but I feel as if this way of thinking is exactly what put us in the position in the 1st place. They need to stop blaming things on bounces or injures and start looking the ability to win without having to rely on excuses, you know picking players to improve there time, like the other teams in there damn division decided to do.

From a team perspective I get that completely, and agree with you on some levels. As a fan though, that's just how i've seen this series go, and i'd much rather maintain a positive outlook opposed to having hockey be another thing in life that pisses me off.

With that said, this team is screaming for a player like Parise to sign on during the offseason. There's no excuse not to add a scoring winger this summer.

13585921555_24551f5658.jpg

#1348 joesuffP

joesuffP

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,800 posts

not showing up on the ice would be an improvement over ericsson. He was the worst thing about the night.

Ericsson was our best defenseman all series... I've been saying for years Kronwall and Stuart are terrible... Watch other teams games. Kronwall an Stuart play like a third line pairing on s***ty teams most nights

#1349 ben_usmc

ben_usmc

Kenny Powers Fan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,791 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 10:06 PM

I'll say it again and get another ten negs. Howard is average. That's all he'll ever be. So since we dumped all our eggs in the Howard basket we NEED a huge defensive overhaul or we're going to keep repeating the one and dones for a long time.

agreed, I think Howard is a good goalie, however not a GREAT goalie. He will maybe steal you one every once in a while, but for the most part is merely solid, and he is paid as such. But since he is paid so low, you are supposed to protect him by buying a great defense to build around him. Of course Holland is to focused on his golf game to give a s*** about actually improving this team.
There's no I in team, but there's a U in c***, so don't be little jealous c***s

#1350 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,181 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 10:06 PM

Damn that cat and wife put up with a lot of s*** lol

Especially when it hits the fun.

:hehe:
According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#1351 Bring Back The Bruise Bros

Bring Back The Bruise Bros

RIP Probie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,538 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 10:07 PM

MEN TELL ME ABOUT IT I SLAPED MY CAT I SENT MY WIFE SHOPING I SCREEMED AT MY F.........TV I BROKE MY REMOTE CONTROL DEVICE SO I WILLf****** SEND THE BILL TO MR. BABCOCK LET HE PAY IT ASS H....................OLDING

Don't take the Wings failure out on your pet, man. It isn't Fluffy's fault 3 Wings and Jimmy followed Erat on the Klein goal. What did you send your wife shopping for? Don't you think it gets a little out of hunds when you break you remote control device, dude?

As far as passing the bill along to Mr. Babcock, I feel ya.
"Ice hockey is a form of disorderly conduct in which the score is kept."

RIP Bob Probert
RIP Wade Belak
RIP Derek Boogaard
RIP Rick Rypien

#1352 MabusIncarnate

MabusIncarnate

The Truth Is Out There

• Silver Booster Mod
  • 2,040 posts

Dear PETA...

13585921555_24551f5658.jpg

#1353 Red Wings Addict

Red Wings Addict

This is how I watch Wings games

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,749 posts

I'm trying to hold out hope that the Wings come back, but the Preds have the look of a team that just wants it more.

There's just this intangible thing in the playoffs where your team desperately needs a goal and someone steps up. Bounces seem to go your way.

Pecker is a very good goaltender, but he's also had his defense bail him out and sometimes just get plain lucky. It's like there's a force field over the goal line.

But usually those kinds of breaks go to the team that is competing with everything they've got every shift.

The Wings just don't look that way.

This is what does it for me. The best word I can think of, really, is gumption. Wings have very little gumption to win in comparison to other teams.

#1354 sherwood40

sherwood40

Rookie

• Pip
  • 174 posts

Don't resign Hudler
Trade Franzen
Trade Filp
Don't resing Conklin
Don't resign Homer
Lidstrom ? depends on what we find out after this season, if he has been battling his ankle injury still
Don't bring up Emmerton
Don't resign Abdlecader

Keep Nyquist
Bring up Smith
Bring up Sheahan
Sign Praise
Sign Suter
Maybe even try and bring Weber with Suter

#1355 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 16,557 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 10:08 PM

If the Wings don't make it out of the first round, mostly I'm just ticked that Holland didn't do anything at the deadline. Lids and our star players aren't getting any younger and he had cap room. This was the year.

If the Wings don't make it to the second round, Lidstrom should hang 'em up. He should go out relatively on top rather than trying to carry the team on his 41 year old back and listen to Holland explain away his lack of moves to make the lineup deeper.

#1356 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,252 posts

:hysterical: Who is this guy? Really? I have to use that line..."I slapped my cat and sent my wife shopping!"

Laugh it up, delete it all, I'll be laughing when it happens! -4/17/14

Money on the board: $30.00 plus immunity.

Franzen = 1.00 PPG

#1357 redwashington2000

redwashington2000

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 443 posts

jUST SAYING I WAS WATCHING THE DESPERATION IN THE PHILY PENS GAME WE ARE TATALY OUT OF THIS NO WILL NO DESIRE NO SOUL. SO JUST F........... TAKE A SIT REGRUP NEXT SEAZON AND WHE YOU FEEL YOU WANT THIS F..........CUP START [PLAYING WITH DESIRE

#1358 King Crane

King Crane

3rd Line Checker

• Silver Booster
  • 386 posts

Wow, a lot of talk about letting Hossa go. Get real, guys, that wouldn't have made any sense. If u want Hossa, say good by to the 3rd and 4th lines, and a good chunk of the starters. Hossa is a fantastic player, but he costs too much. Look at the Blackhawks now, they're are the perfect example of a 'one and done' team. Sure they won A cup, but at the cost of selling off almost their whole team in the off season

"I'll smile in June" - Jimmy Howard 

#1359 metalkorn

metalkorn

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 450 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 10:09 PM

Don't resign Abdlecader

You are kidding right?

#1360 fifthandbroadway

fifthandbroadway

Barely alive

• Gold Booster
  • 629 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 10:09 PM

MAY BE I'M TO CRED AWAY BUY THE GAME BUT RINNE IS A F................. FUT AND OVERSIZED PICE OF SH...............T EVEN IF HI IS DOWN ON HIS AS HE IS COVERING 99% OF THE NET. NHL NEED TO GET THEIR s*** TOGHETHER AND MAKE SOME RESTRICTION ON GOALTENDERS, THIS IS GETING OUT OF HUNDS, THIS GUY IS LIKE 6.5 F AN D ON HIS NEES HI IS TOTALY COVERING THE NET. f............ YY BETFANGUS AND I LOVE THE ZEBRAS TO, F Y ALL MF

Eloquent.