• Please log in to reply
1515 replies to this topic

#1421 Barrie

Barrie

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,947 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 10:43 PM

Typical CBC favoring the team with the most Canadians in their broadcast. If the Wings get eliminated, they'll be happy until they see their ratings for the first game on the 2nd round, and watch some of their advertisers drop out. With the Wings gone, there goes half their audience.

What do you expect from a TV station that's run by the Government? The Government doesn't know how to make money, they only know how to waste it and expect the tax payers to pay for their mistakes.
Lets Go:
Red Wings
Tigers
Roughriders
Lions
Spartans
Pistons

#1422 SetecX

SetecX

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 306 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 10:43 PM

I just want to say redwashington2000 is my favorite poster. That is all.

#1423 Bring Back The Bruise Bros

Bring Back The Bruise Bros

RIP Probie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,703 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 10:44 PM

Ericsson looked pretty good too, but everything is relative <_<
Would rather see wht the Black Aces can do

I say we give Smith a game. We've got our backs to the wall. Maybe he'll be a pleasant surprise.
"Ice hockey is a form of disorderly conduct in which the score is kept."

RIP Bob Probert
RIP Wade Belak
RIP Derek Boogaard
RIP Rick Rypien

#1424 sherwood40

sherwood40

Rookie

• Pip
  • 175 posts

You are kidding right?

Nope, not at all. He cant do anything on the ice, can't kill penalties, chip in a goal or assist in the playoffs. Rather have his spot given to Nyquist or Sheahan.

#1425 Sgt. Angry

Sgt. Angry

Sgt. Angry

• PipPipPip
  • 645 posts

I'm trying to find some kind of hope in the midst of all of this crap. Those of you who have better memories - I seem to remember that, in one of the years the Wings won the cup, that we fell behind in a series against the Blues. One of those losses was due to a shot by Al McGuiness (sp?) who scored on a shot from center ice. God, was I pissed. I was sure that was the end of the Wings as we knew them. But they came back! I'm hoping that they might pull this one out yet, but we certainly don't have the players we did in those days.

Also, I can't help but think that if Howard had been playing as good as Rinne, somebody on the Preds would have flattened him by now. I don't want the Wings to run at Rinne, but I just think it would have happened.
Watch out!!!! - it's the Sheik ---- and he's got an object!!!!

#1426 King Crane

King Crane

3rd Line Checker

• Silver Booster
  • 387 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 10:45 PM

OMG BOOZ MUST STEAL BE IN YR SMALL HEAD

Can you link me to your blue-collar comedy special?

"I'll smile in June" - Jimmy Howard 

#1427 crispychris

crispychris

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 281 posts

What a bunch of cowards. something has to change with this club. But it's not over yet, I think we could beat nashville 3 times in a row but something has to change.

#1428 gcom007

gcom007

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,215 posts

Did Holland know Hudler would say "f*** off" and take more money from the KHL? In that case YES, Holland made a mistake, otherwise, I think his choice was justified by the numbers Huds and Filp had that post season

In my mind, who the hell cares? If I'm Holland and I've got a chance to sign one of the top players in the game who's a phenomenal asset and team player in every regard who desperately wants to be here for a $5 million cap hit, the last thing I'm thinking about is Jirif****** Hudler. There's a run on sentence for your asses.

-Elliot

#1429 King Crane

King Crane

3rd Line Checker

• Silver Booster
  • 387 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 10:46 PM

I second this

#1430 gcom007

gcom007

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,215 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 10:48 PM

Without a doubt. I haven't been on this site in ages. Busy year. I checked back in at the right time.

-Elliot

#1431 BottleOfSmoke

BottleOfSmoke

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,525 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 10:49 PM

MEN TELL ME ABOUT IT I SLAPED MY CAT I SENT MY WIFE SHOPING I SCREEMED AT MY F.........TV I BROKE MY REMOTE CONTROL DEVICE SO I WILLf****** SEND THE BILL TO MR. BABCOCK LET HE PAY IT ASS H....................OLDING

"LET HE PAY IT ASS?" I know I've been drinking a lot tonight but :blink:. I don't have a cat or a wife but I'd slap them both at this point. I get all the calls for change and I agree that a big one needs to come if this team is going to stay relevant, but I don't agree with the clean house, scorched earth mentality. Flip has been nonexistant this series, but this series has only been 4 games. He was one of our most consistent players this season, strong on the puck and making smart plays even when he wasn't getting on the scoreboard. He made the people around him better and picked up the slack during the first part of the season when Z wasn't up to snuff. I don't know what crawled up his ass since the playoffs started, but I'd like to keep him around and see what he has to offer.

I'm beyond frustrated with Franzen, and wouldn't have my feelings hurt if he got traded for an upgrade. So frustrating to know what he is capable of and just not see it. I hope they let Hudler walk, and think there is plenty of talent in GR to replace Emmerton. I love Homer, but I think it's time for him to hang it up. I hope Nicky comes back for another season, but am worried about how he's going to look at this injury and how it restricted his level of play. Hopefully Cleary can get healthy, love his heart. Helmer is a trooper, and brings a lot of fire to this team. All in all, I think there are some changes that can be made without gutting the team, but I will be disappointed if we stand pat and do nothing. Maybe just the Jameson talking, but I really hope I didn't just watch Lidstrom's last game at the Joe. Not quite ready to say goodbye to that era, I guess.

LGWsig_zpsa75c5d1e.jpg

Just look at how he hangs his sunglasses from his banana hammock in that last pic.  This guyf****** rules. --kipwinger

#1432 King Crane

King Crane

3rd Line Checker

• Silver Booster
  • 387 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 10:50 PM

In my mind, who the hell cares? If I'm Holland and I've got a chance to sign one of the top players in the game who's a phenomenal asset and team player in every regard who desperately wants to be here for a $5 million cap hit, the last thing I'm thinking about is Jirif****** Hudler. There's a run on sentence for your asses.

Eh, agree to disagree. Hindsight is 20/20. You've convinced me what Holland should have done, but I'm not compelled that he made the wrong choice giving the circumstances at the time

#1433 gcom007

gcom007

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,215 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 10:52 PM

Eh, agree to disagree. Hindsight is 20/20. You've convinced me what Holland should have done, but I'm not compelled that he made the wrong choice giving the circumstances at the time

Hudler and Flip never were and never really have been incredibly consistent players, and that's being generous in Hudler's case. I don't think it had anything to do with numbers and everything to do with misplaced loyalty to guys we drafted.

-Elliot

#1434 b.shanafan14

b.shanafan14

One good Swede deserves another!

• Silver Booster
  • 2,872 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 10:55 PM

I was really hoping he would prove me wrong, but at least next season when Franzen is lazily floating through 82 games because he is "bored" (must be a new way of saying "paid"), all the slappies can't point to how clutch he is come playoffs.

#1435 King Crane

King Crane

3rd Line Checker

• Silver Booster
  • 387 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 10:55 PM

Hudler and Flip never were and never really have been incredibly consistent players, and that's being generous in Hudler's case. I don't think it had anything to do with numbers and everything to do with misplaced loyalty to guys we drafted.

AAAAAAND there it is.
You've convinced me :clap:
Still like Holland, but...yah, that was a poor decision

#1436 vangvace

vangvace

no such thing as overkill

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,454 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 10:56 PM

No head coach is going to want to be an assistant coach for the red wings Todd is not coming back... The PP and PK just exemplify really how bad our system is.. All they do is cycle and throw shots on net from the outside. This team is really just a shell of highly skilled players and on the inside they are hollow... All their success made Kronwall, Flippula, Stuart very overrated... Abdelkader , helm, eaves is a Stanley cup winning fourth line not third line players

Stuart is showing his age. Flip I hope is injured and I think Kronwall may be suffering from a coaching rut.

I actually think Howard can play better but he's mediocre right now ... I'm suspecting some residual stuff from injury.

Well, when Vancouver gets knocked out, there will be a big name goalie available, Luongo or Schneider ... do you want one of them?

Neither. I didn't think Howard would make it to be a starter for the Wings, but I would take him over those two.

On the news they just showed the replay of the game winner...how DUMB did our team look? My God. 3 players bite hook line and sinker, including the goalie. And it leaves 2, not 1, but TWO predators wide open all day to put the puck in the gaping net.

Pathetic breakdown. It's those breakdowns that killed us this series.

It'll be in the ESPN Top 10 failures of the week on Friday too. :(

The regular season record set will keep the front office and Babcock in place.
I make 1 or 2 posts a week tops. Sometimes they're gold, sometimes they're crap, but the end weight is the same.

http://www.letsgowin...tion=boardrules

#1437 Firehawk

Firehawk

Don't Touch My Pop

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,857 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 10:58 PM

Howard's salary is $2.25 mil

Edit: and he certainly played like it tonight.

HE ALLOWED 2 GOALS!!!!!!!! The 3rd goal really didn't matter. We were on the PK for the rest of the game!

My God. He makes 2.25 million, which is what below average goalies make! HE's a bargain. He's a good, solid goalie...not a spectacular one...and nobody's willing to spend cap money for one of those.

WE CANT SCORE, AND WE ARE TOO SLOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fix the speed and size issue and maintain as much talent as possible while doing it and we'll be better.

Go buy Suter, Weber, and Parese, let Lids retire, get rid of Hudler, let Homer retire, tidy up a few things, and we'll be back next year.
U GUYS ARE FUKIN ANYOING IM GONNA COME DOWN THERE AND KILL ALL YALL THE ONLY THING THAT SAVED UR TEAM WAS OSGOOD AND OSSGOOD SUKS 2 JUST LIKE UR WHOLE FUKIN TEAM I HOPE U HEARD THIS AND THINK CAUSE ALL I GOT TO SAY TO U IS UR A BUNCH OF FUKIN IDIOTS BARONS A HOOSER CUSE HE WENT TO UR TEAM AND I HOPE U GUYS SHOULD SEND UR TEAM TO ANOTHER CITY CAUSE U GUYS ARE A BUNCH OF FUKIN WHINERS GO CANUCKS GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! --- A canucks fan on stltoday.com

This was so funny I had to set it as my sig.

#1438 Red Wings Addict

Red Wings Addict

This is how I watch Wings games

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,749 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 10:58 PM

I am pretty shocked with Filppula's performance so far. He has a good track record of playoff performances the past four (?) years. Not a great track record like Pav and Z but a good one.

#1439 cnot19

cnot19

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 590 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 10:59 PM

I think this is a fundamental difference between alot of people. Id rather have a great player than two good players, good players are much much easier to come by, especially guys like Hudler. Either way youre right hindsight is 20/20 I was hoping wed get Hossa at all costs even if it meant franzen and hudler, but it went the other way. I always prefer the top player available because the second and third tier guys are easy to replace.
  • Nev likes this
Get me a real fourth line Kenny!

#1440 joesuffP

joesuffP

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,615 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 11:01 PM

To anyone saying we should trade Filppula in the offseason: You aref****** retarded and should keep your opinions about the game of hockey to yourselves.

Why? I could care less how many points he gets. When he's on the ice he is insignificant. People mistake cycling the puck around the perimeter as great hard working hockey. He is an average 3rd liner on most good hockey teams. This is what happened to us with Kronwall... The league started talking about how good he was and Holland bought into it and now were stuck with him. Trade him well he has value before we decide to consider him as a core player, then our core is a soft gooey thing like what you saw today