• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
dats13owns

Nashville and this series.

Rate this topic

3-1 isn't the end of the world, but let's face it, the team knows it, we know it... They're lifeless.

Aside from the Weber hit and non-suspension, Nashville showed up and the Wings continued their bad play down the stretch. The bad officiatting went both ways.

While losing to "little brother" sucks, this series was decided at the deadline when Nashville actually took the initiative to make moves and build on their potential. The Wings chose not to and it bit them.

As hard as it is to admit, Nashville is the better team right now from top to bottom. I won't root for them by any means, but I just wanted to give them credit where it is due.

Here is your wake up call, Wings Brass, the rest of the league has officially caught up to you.

I think what sucks the most is Nashville doesn't have what it takes to go far. They won't get anywhere playing the way they have against the rest of the flock in this playoffs. I just hope they don't hoist a cup on our backs.

Everyone kept saying we dominated after 2 periods. Sure, we had a lot more shots and territorial play. And Nashville didn't do anything.

But, where the f*** was the desperation? If you didn't know any better, you would think it's a regular season game. Our guys weren't playing physical or gritty enough. They weren't driving the net well enough. How come no one was throwing their weight around? Finishing their checks? Just not desperate enough. You have to work harder for good scoring chances. This perimeter play reminds me of 2006 against Edmonton. Of course you get a lot more shots, but not many good chances. Combine that with defensive breakdowns against a team that sits back waiting--and you're not going to win in the playoffs.

Game 3 was much better intensity-wise, actually (I get Nashville didn't sit back that game...but still, you need to play with more emotion out there regardless of how the other team plays)

And after all that, we ended up losing it in the 3rd. Even after we got an enormously lucky break on Legwand's no-goal there.

This team is either dead tired or isn't hungry enough. In 2008, we looked like we were on a mission. I haven't seen that attitude on the ice in a while.

Edited by Nevermind

I think what sucks the most is Nashville doesn't have what it takes to go far. They won't get anywhere playing the way they have against the rest of the flock in this playoffs. I just hope they don't hoist a cup on our backs.

That, too. They were built to make some noise but this Wings team is far from an obsticle. I don't call them contenders but is anyone really sold on anyone is the West at this point?

That, too. They were built to make some noise but this Wings team is far from an obsticle. I don't call them contenders but is anyone really sold on anyone is the West at this point?

I don't think it looks like anyone in the West looks hungry enough, except maybe LA....and I can't believe I just said that.

Nashville IS the better team. Of that, I have no doubt. The fact of the matter is, the other teams around us got better at the deadline while we stood pat once again (Quincey? Really?). Look at what happened to our standing in the conference and division post-deadline.

Yeah it's clear to me at least that the Wings are giving their ultimate best in terms of energy and emotion. But, it's just not good enough. Period.

Energy...maybe if they're really that worn out.

Emotion...not a chance in hell.

It's tough to admit, but they are the better team. This playoffs is different, I've never conceded defeat as a fan and admitted the Wings didn't have it. But in the 2nd half of the season, they were awful. I really believed that switch could be flipped, but that ship has sailed. Franzen needs to go, enough of his excuses for not showing any effort at all, the playoffs are here and he's done nothing. If Fil isn't nursing an injury, I'd think about moving him too. After a career year, a guy who's usually great in the playoffs is playing like he is? Hudler is making him look bad. We need to get bigger, and faster, and inject more skill and grit into the lineup, a better balance. Look around the league at the series right now, so much physical play, great goals, so much hate and intensity and speed. The Wings and Preds series had a bit of fire, but after Bert sparked the team in Game 2 they've been flat. Howard also needs to bounce back next year, he was looking like a Vezina winner in the 1st half and then injuries derailed him. Just a frustrating time as a fan right now.

I disagree. I still think, in terms of talent, that the Red Wings are the better team. Posting 40 shots to 17 is just ridiculous. We've outplayed them in every game but game 2, ironically the only one we've won. The team needs to tighten up in front of Howard, quit defending a space instead of a man and try to break up Nashville's speed through the neutral zone (I feel like they're moving the puck up on us too easily). Our forwards need to be more physical, our defense needs to tighten up, and Howie needs to make a few more saves, but after watching these games (especially this game) has made it very difficult for me to accept Nashville as the better team. We dominated possession in their zone and unfortunately it didn't pay off this time. However, if we get a few bounces...this could be a whole new series real fast. I still have hope. So should you.

I don't see any one team from the West being more capable of winning the Cup over the East right now. As sad as it sounds, I think it's going to be either Los Angeles or Nashville coming out of the West, only to be defeated by New York.

So for all the Filppula lovers out there can someone please explain to me why Filppula has been so NON-productive since the end of March when the Wings started playing some very important games?

Filppula is a third line center at best.

vancouver minus D sedin?

phoenix? prob the weakest division champ

SJ? not too hot this year

Chicago with their sucky d and goalie?

you don't think nashville can handle those teams?

the other 2 teams, St Louis and LA, are built exactly like nashville.

From what I seen in the 2nd and 3rd.. we were served up the win by the Refs.. They have been horrible all playoffs.. Pekka made some great saves, and NSH made Howie look horrible. NSH is the better team.. If there is any fight left in the wings dressing room it will come out friday. Otherwise Golf Season.

Guest irishock

We don't have the same drive that we had last season against SJ to make a comeback.

vancouver minus D sedin?

phoenix? prob the weakest division champ

SJ? not too hot this year

Chicago with their sucky d and goalie?

you don't think nashville can handle those teams?

the other 2 teams, St Louis and LA, are built exactly like nashville.

LA is winning the West for sure.

It's a real easy formula. Great defense + good goalie = Success. In fact you can even reverse it to good goalie + great defense = success.

Our team is too offensively oriented I think. Heck even our defense is built around offense, not defense. I think we really need a defensive overhaul this season. If we get a great defense then it won't matter when our streaky offense can only put up two in a night. That two will be the only two we need.

Nashville reminds me of Chicago in 2010. They put everything in the win the Stanley Cup that year, now for further years beyond that? Ehhh, we're going to see s*** hit the fan. It's a year push and let them try to get what they can get out of.