• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Stinkyness

Hossa Smoked

Rate this topic

It's still baffling that no penalty was given on the play considering the kinds of hits they've been tossing players for.

And that there are four guys on the ice supposedly watching this happen in the vicinity of the puck. Unbelievable.

esteef

I'm not a basketball fan, but no way is basketball more boring than baseball. I would rather watch golf than baseball, lol.

I'm ok if Verlander is pitching. Dude's a beast

It was scheduled for Wednesday but Torres and the NHLPA requested Friday. So he's suspended indefinitely until they determine how long after they've had the hearing.

I'm guessing it'll be a decent suspension considering the hit was late, he jumped up and hit Hossa's head, Torres has a history of these kind of hits, he's a repeat offender, and the playoffs have been nuts this year in terms of cheapshots.

It's still baffling that no penalty was given on the play considering the kinds of hits they've been tossing players for.

Not to mention a face-to-face meeting usually suggest 5 or more games. Otherwise they do it over the phone like they did with Quincey.

Really glad Toews came out and said what he did because a lot of other captains wouldn't have. And it's a shame Quenville will probably be fined for comments that were entirely of a valid (and distinctly truer) opinion.

Tippett tried to compare Torres hit to Kronwall's hits at his press conference. Except I don't recall Kronwall leaving his skates to get upward momentum/angle into guys heads. He just finishes his checks right through the guy laterally.

I hope Toews remembers this when negotiations begin for the new Collective Bargaining Agreement begin. The Players need to hold the League to a new level of accountability for what is allowed to happen on the ice.

We just need a consistent disciplinarian who has a zero tolerance for cheap crap. Shanny started off that way, then relapsed into his predecessor.

We just need a consistent disciplinarian who has a zero tolerance for cheap crap. Shanny started off that way, then relapsed into his predecessor.

Maybe it's me just not wanting to be so disappointed with Shanny, but I have to wonder if the GMs were in his ear all season long and that was a factor in where he ended up versus where he started.

Am I only one who thinks its crazy that if a player is going off on a stretcher or bleeding his guts out onto the ice that the refs can't go and look at tape during downtime and assess a penalty (if there is one, which in those cases I'd assume there is if a player is that injured)? I am not for every single play to need to review simple penalties but gross game misconducts like that? Why not check the tape and make the right call? You can't flop down to the ice and fake blacking out or bleeding from your arteries... so no way to cheese system.

Get the call right. The fact that Phoenix went on PP after that is sickening to a fan of wanting equal-footed competitive hockey.

Glad Hossa is out of the hospital but I'm not getting my hopes up high Torres will get fined a stunning $ 2.500 and thats it

What's the prognosis? Is he just wrecked, or what, anybody know?

I don't care what the rest think, I'm happy with the HUISSA geting smoked, I hate trators. I think he will be back may be next season.

Another great player taken out by a dirty headshot. Gary Bettman, Warden of the NHL. Maybe if the players started turning on the refs instead of each other they could play a game against each other and it could be like that convict football movie with Burt Reynolds... but in real life.

"great player" I was thinking you are talking about Feodorov, the Hoss will not make it to the "Great" status ever.

[

Edited by redwashington2000

I am looking high and low for any mention of this, not sure if it just came out, I didn't feel up to checking last night after the epitome we called the Red Wings. At any rate.....Torres gets 25 games for his hit on Hossa. I literally almost fell out of my chair when I read that headline.

http://www.nhl.com/i...s.htm?id=629019

I see the other thread now, not sure how I missed it the first time.

Edited by rrasco