• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Stinkyness

Hossa Smoked

Rate this topic

Torres needs a lifetime suspension, anything else just won't cut it for this guy, how many people has he destroyed with hits that completely crossed the line between clean and wheelchair bound?

Hossa tonight.

Jason Williams a while back....

who else?

I'm effy with the hit quite honestly. I kept trying to view the play over and over. You can see Torres doesn't take any extra strides into the hit, but he certainly looks like he leaves his feet. The explosion extension of his elbow doesn't come until after the initial contact is made. So, what can I see out of this? Well, most likely a game because he left on a stretcher. If anything, I really think its a freak incident that resulted into a horrible result.

**EDIT** Now, let it be known.... I don't like Raffi Torres, I certainly don't condone his play and I think he's a frickin ******* on the ice. But, I also will judge this as it is.

Edited by evilzyme

I'm effy with the hit quite honestly. I kept trying to view the play over and over. You can see Torres doesn't take any extra strides into the hit, but he certainly looks like he leaves his feet. The explosion extension of his elbow doesn't come until after the initial contact is made. So, what can I see out of this? Well, most likely a game because he left on a stretcher. If anything, I really think its a freak incident that resulted into a horrible result.

**EDIT** Now, let it be known.... I don't like Raffi Torres, I certainly don't condone his play and I think he's a frickin ******* on the ice. But, I also will judge this as it is.

I have not seen a good replay of it either, but I didn't think the hit was all that dirty from what I saw. If anything, he left his feet, but I'll reserve judgement until I see a better replay. What I thought I saw was his arms tucked in and he kept everything low, but again, we'll see. I was thinking the damage came from Hossa's impact on the ice. Let's hope he's okay, it didn't look good.

Edited by rrasco

Did you watch Hossa's playoffs here in 2009?

Yeah, he was quite injured...He missed, what the first 20+ games I think it was of the next season after surgery.

Franzen is completely healthy and sucking....but most the team is right now, so I can't single him out, but just in the case of Hossa vs. Franzen, the Hoss was the way to go. I'd give up Flip and Mule at this point if we could have had Hossa.

Keep your head up.

Good play. Maybe a hair late, but good play.

Scott Stevens lived off of this and so did Vladdy

Horses***. Stevens stayed on his feet.

Torres jumped int hossa's chin.

Yeah, he was quite injured...He missed, what the first 20+ games I think it was of the next season after surgery.

Franzen is completely healthy and sucking....but most the team is right now, so I can't single him out, but just in the case of Hossa vs. Franzen, the Hoss was the way to go. I'd give up Flip and Mule at this point if we could have had Hossa.

Horses***. Stevens stayed on his feet.

Torres jumped int hossa's chin.

get real man. same difference.

Guest ToMaToToWnWinGsFaN_24

here is the hit plus Hossa being carried off.

it doesnt matter if you hate the guy or not, this is something no one wants to see. i hope Hossa will be okay and i hope Torres gets at least 5 games.

note: there are commercials so just skip them ;)

Guest Crymson

Me too. a pure goal scorer sure would have come in handy this series.

Sure, a pure goal-scorer who scored the same number of goals as Franzen this season, and less than him last season.

Guest irishock

He was pretty pedestrian in 2009.

Regarding the hit: Torres could have given a devastating hit without jumping. What a moron of a player.

Dropping 40 goals in the regular season alone probably pushes the team to a top 2 seed. There's a reason we've been floating around 3rd and 5th since he left.

Raffi Torres has long been a piece of s***. The dude needs to see a long term suspension once and for all.

I was out tonight, but Bob McKenzie's Twitter blew up after this hit and everything he said was spot-on.

@TSNBobMcKenzie: The Torres hit is illegal on so many levels. It is charging. It is interference (late). It is a targeted head shot where he launches upward.
@TSNBobMcKenzie: The hit caused significant injury. The player (Torres) is a repeat offender in every sense of the term.

@TSNBobMcKenzie: Torres suspended 2 games for charging MIN's Nate Prosser Dec. 31 2011. Two days earlier, fined $2,500 for elbowing COL's Jan Hejda.

@TSNBobMcKenzie: Torres was suspended 4 games (2 reg season, 2 playoffs) for head hit on EDM's Jordan Eberle April 5, 2011.

@TSNBobMcKenzie: Torres' 1st game back after Eberle susp, 1 yr ago tonight, hit CHI's Brent Seabrook on controversial hit that didn't result in suspension.

Yeah it was a charge because he left his feet. Forget history. It was not any worse than any other charge in other games. If you are calling for his head and forgetting what Kronwall has gotten away with on some hits then you are kidding yourself. Suspension? Yes. 5 games+? Step back and stop being so connected to the players and be objective.

Keep your head up.

Good play. Maybe a hair late, but good play.

Scott Stevens lived off of this and so did Vladdy

Nope.

This is such a myth based on a handfull of youtube clips.

It's a disgrace to say Vladdy lived off this. He was a predatory hitter like Kronwall is and Stevens was, but Vladdy kept his skates on the ice. Stevens too. Of a career worth of hits, people base it on a few borderline hits from Steven's top ten most devastating on youtube and act like he did this all the time. You could make an argument for the Kariya hit, Lindros too. But over his career Stevens was a clean but devastating hitter. Elbows in, skates on the ice.

Torres time and time again shows up late and launches himself off his skates. He's a dirty player. That has nothing to do with what Stevens and Vladdy did.

Another great player taken out by a dirty headshot. Gary Bettman, Warden of the NHL. Maybe if the players started turning on the refs instead of each other they could play a game against each other and it could be like that convict football movie with Burt Reynolds... but in real life.