• Please log in to reply
68 replies to this topic

#61 Rhah

Rhah

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 475 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 03:09 PM

Am I only one who thinks its crazy that if a player is going off on a stretcher or bleeding his guts out onto the ice that the refs can't go and look at tape during downtime and assess a penalty (if there is one, which in those cases I'd assume there is if a player is that injured)? I am not for every single play to need to review simple penalties but gross game misconducts like that? Why not check the tape and make the right call? You can't flop down to the ice and fake blacking out or bleeding from your arteries... so no way to cheese system.

Get the call right. The fact that Phoenix went on PP after that is sickening to a fan of wanting equal-footed competitive hockey.

#62 Red Wings Addict

Red Wings Addict

This is how I watch Wings games

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,749 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 05:06 PM

Maybe it's me just not wanting to be so disappointed with Shanny, but I have to wonder if the GMs were in his ear all season long and that was a factor in where he ended up versus where he started.

That's the job, really.

#63 frankgrimes

frankgrimes

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,048 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 06:30 PM

Glad Hossa is out of the hospital but I'm not getting my hopes up high Torres will get fined a stunning $ 2.500 and thats it

lidsretire2.jpg

Thank you so much perfect human being #5

Welcome to hockeytown Jonas aka Lundquist 2 Gustavsson!

Phase I: injury rattled roster Phase II: BABCOCK Phase III: Playoffs XXIII !

#64 T.Low

T.Low

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,804 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 07:47 PM

Glad Hossa is out of the hospital but I'm not getting my hopes up high Torres will get fined a stunning $ 2.500 and thats it

What's the prognosis? Is he just wrecked, or what, anybody know?

#65 redwashington2000

redwashington2000

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 443 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 01:25 AM

I don't care what the rest think, I'm happy with the HUISSA geting smoked, I hate trators. I think he will be back may be next season.

Another great player taken out by a dirty headshot. Gary Bettman, Warden of the NHL. Maybe if the players started turning on the refs instead of each other they could play a game against each other and it could be like that convict football movie with Burt Reynolds... but in real life.

"great player" I was thinking you are talking about Feodorov, the Hoss will not make it to the "Great" status ever.

[

Edited by redwashington2000, 20 April 2012 - 01:28 AM.

#66 Dirty Dangle

Dirty Dangle

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 375 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 10:59 AM

Kevin Allen:

1 p.m. hearing in NY for Raffi Torres. Don Maloney will be there.

Twitter

In-person hearing with your GM being present? Expect a major suspension that carries over into the 2012-2013 season.

#67 miksteri

miksteri

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 479 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 11:33 AM

$2500 is enough punishment for Raffi Torres.

#68 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,370 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 11:37 AM

Perhaps he was just transitioning from offense to defense, so no harm, no foul, right?

No?

I thought that's how the NHL explained away James Neal's dirty hit?

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#69 rrasco

rrasco

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,871 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 01:53 PM

I am looking high and low for any mention of this, not sure if it just came out, I didn't feel up to checking last night after the epitome we called the Red Wings. At any rate.....Torres gets 25 games for his hit on Hossa. I literally almost fell out of my chair when I read that headline.

http://www.nhl.com/i...s.htm?id=629019

I see the other thread now, not sure how I missed it the first time.

Edited by rrasco, 21 April 2012 - 02:03 PM.

Kronwalled.net - Keep Yer Head up Kid

MONEY ON THE BOARD: $10/Kronwalling, $1/goal by: Nyquist, Tatar, Jurco, Sheahan, Glendening, Andersson, Dekeyser, Pulkinnen, Ouellet, or Sproul.  2X MULTIPLIER: Glendening.  MOTB TOTAL: $0