• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Cali-Wing-Nut

Time to start looking for a new coaching staff

Rate this topic

I hate to say this but it has become apparent that Mr Babcock has probably just worn out his welcome.

The stats say that other than a select few head coaches, such as Scotty, coaches tenured longer than 4 years dont win cups. Looks as though that may be true with Babs as well.

Came to mind talking with Crimson about the team and became very apparent that our guys just dont hear him the same way anymore. The players have a personal relationship with Babs the same way teenagers have with their parents. Both know that even if they get yelled at they know that the consequences are pretty hollow. The rest of the time they just dont care.

We all know that some organizations tend to replace coaches on a daily basis, we arent the Canadians or the Leafs, but look how effective it was with STL. Hitch came in and it was night and day from word go.

I seriously think that we need leadership more than we need a new team. The talent is there, the coaches are there to coax it from them and Babs & Co. just dont seem to be able to do that.

Seriously, what is wrong with you guys? If anything, Babcock has been sitting here asking for a more physical speedy team, but Holland won't deliver. So now you want Babcock gone? dry.gif Man, you guys need to calm down after losses.

Well I guess youre right. If we get a new team and keep Babs it works out the same way

Babs line earlier in the year about wanting to be the toughest team, but not being built that way and the way he applauded Bertuzzi for fighting Weber make me believe he'd be a hell of a coach if he had more compete and more physical presence. Babs isn't the problem, but Holland and Nill might be. This off-season will be the biggest since 06-07, Holland delivered that year by getting Rafalski and Drake. Lets see what he does this time around.

Edited by Detroit # 1 Fan

I didnt say Babs is bad at all. Actually I think he is one of the best Coaches of all time.

I did say our team just isnt listening to him the same way anymore. Thats a problem and there are two ways to fix it.

1. Gut the team so they all have a new coach

2. Get a new coach so our exisiting team has a new coach.

Seems choice 2 is cheaper and possibly more effective.

Honestly, all i've gotten recently from Babcock is that he's not certainly happy with the front office. He has kept asking for what he sees is a winning team. Now, I know this trade deadline that the market was horrible and they didn't want to overpay people, but its been on numerous occasions that Babcock has said that he wishes he had more physicality at hand. He wants a bigger team and he wants to implement that into his game, but he can't because hes coaching what is given to himself. He said he loved the Pitts and Philly series, he loved it, damn well seemed he wishes he could be coaching a team like that. But, he won't be because its not what he's given. Babcock can be one hell of a coach, and we know this, but damn ignoring his wishlist each and every year may be frickin hurting us. I know he said that this is the best team hes coached in his eyes since 09, but you have to know that him and the front office aren't seeing eye to eye.

^ Holland and Nill hate fighting in hockey and have said so much on record. They will never build the team you and I want.

esteef

Unfortunately, your probably right. But with so many guys who fit the bill of what we need being available this summer, I'll really be disappointed if we miss out on them again. To me, you add Parise to the top 6 and then Smith in for Stuart and 2 or 3 hard working bottom liners this team is alot different, the speed and compete level would change. Again we'll see, I really hope they prove us wrong esteef!

I say he gets another season and a better hand dealt to him via FA/trades. I get the whole "what have you done for me lately" mentality, but he has proven what he can do with a solid, deep, gritty team ('08) referencing to the '07 offseason post above.

Holland however needs a change of philosophy. What he has done and what he is doing now isn't working anymore.

Parise or bust.

Unfortunately, your probably right. But with so many guys who fit the bill of what we need being available this summer, I'll really be disappointed if we miss out on them again. To me, you add Parise to the top 6 and then Smith in for Stuart and 2 or 3 hard working bottom liners this team is alot different, the speed and compete level would change. Again we'll see, I really hope they prove us wrong esteef!

Do you by any chance have a bookmarked list of free agents and players with one year left on their contract?

Babs gets one more year with a better team. Holland needs to ******* wake up or he should be gone. I'd revisit the assistant coach position however....

Well that's also a big thing... do you think Mr.Ilitch will let go of his right hand man Kenny Holland? I personally don't.