• Please log in to reply
82 replies to this topic

#81 The Secret

The Secret

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,199 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 12:20 PM

Don't look at the stats. Look at the products. Our PP has been s*** for a while. Why? Because they spend more time looking for a perfect opportunity that never arises than firing on an ok opportunity.

How many pp's have we seen with zero shots on net? Really? At times the other team seems to have giants on the ice covering more space then a normal human should. Which ever coach is designing our power plays better start fixing things and fast.

#82 Wingedwheeler2

Wingedwheeler2

Prospect

• 37 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 12:31 PM

Don't look at the stats. Look at the products. Our PP has been s*** for a while. Why? Because they spend more time looking for a perfect opportunity that never arises than firing on an ok opportunity.

I guess we see it differently. Other than quite a few blocks, I've been pretty happy with the puck movement and shot selection on the powerplay. What you didn't mention is how important it is to get traffic and crash the net on the powerplay......two things this team doesn't do well and that again all goes back to the fact that this is perimeter team.......kinda like that old guard in the NBA who doesn't want to drive the lane anymore.....he just wants to shoot jumpers.

#83 pondrocket

pondrocket

Rookie

• Pip
  • 195 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 12:50 PM

I'd rather get rid of Holland than Babcock.

esteef

COMPLETELY agree! Maybe Holland can take the two assistants with him.