• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Pat

Will Detroit win this series?

Rate this topic

128 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I know a 3-1 lead in a series is almost impossible to overcome, but there is something about this team that tells me they will not go down. I still have faith in this team.

During the regular season we we're incredibly streaky (both good and bad). We often found ourselves in 1-6 game slumps only to follow it up with a winning streak of our own. This gives me reason to believe that we still have a chance in this series. I know that this is the playoffs and games are 10x harder to close out and mistakes can cost you a series, but we aren't a young team. We have the experience in big games. The wings play better when there backs are against the wall and when they are on the brink of elimination. That is why I still have faith in this team.

I know these following predictions may seem lofty but I see them as entirely possible. There are too many times where a team lets off the gas pedal and can't finish. That won't be the case with Detroit, they will finish strong.

GAME 5:

Detroit makes a statement and puts the pressure right back on Nashville.

DET [5-1] W

GAME 6:

Nailbiter game that could go either way, but Detroit wins at home.

DET [2-1] W

GAME 7:

This game will feature playoff hockey at its finest, with the highs and lows of everything you could imagine. Detroit wins in overtime.

DET [3-2 OT] W

Keys to Victory:

- Get the first goal

- Don't allow odd man rushes

- Limit turnovers

- Stay out of the penalty box

- Get 2nd chances on Rinne

Share your thoughts on how this series is going to turn out! (Try to stay positive and have faith)

Edited by Pat

Heart says yes. Head says no. Also your last question should have an all of the above option.

Fixed, Same exact feeling for me. I just have a glimmer of faith left and think we can do this.

My heart says yes, my balls say yes, my head says no. 2-1 victory, I think yes, they can win.

Everyone needs to step it up, especially in the 3rd (they outplayed preds in first 2 periods).

I think Babcock needs to step back and readjust the lines and game plan. It looks like the Wings are too predictable as of late.

The lines I would try:

1st line: Datsyuk Zetterberg Hudler

2nd line: Franzen Bertuzzi Cleary

3rd line: Filpula Abdelkader Miller

‎4th line: Emmerton Holmstrom Nyquist

I would love to convince myself otherwise, but I think Nashville ends it on Friday. I'm mostly going to just try and appreciate watching Nick Lidstrom for maybe the last time ever.

Franzen needs to step up or I wouldn't care if it's his last game in a Red Wings uniform too.

Lol @ anyone who has 'faith' in this team. Have you not watched this team since February? They haven't beat anyone and just let the Predators have home ice. They obviously don't really want it.

Lol @ anyone who has 'faith' in this team. Have you not watched this team since February? They haven't beat anyone and just let the Predators have home ice. They obviously don't really want it.

Typical bandwagon fan.

I know a 3-1 lead in a series is almost impossible to overcome, but there is something about this team that tells me they will not go down. I still have faith in this team.

During the regular season we we're incredibly streaky (both good and bad). We often found ourselves in 1-6 game slumps only to follow it up with a winning streak of our own. This gives me reason to believe that we still have a chance in this series. I know that this is the playoffs and games are 10x harder to close out and mistakes can cost you a series, but we aren't a young team. We have the experience in big games. The wings play better when there backs are against the wall and when they are on the brink of elimination. That is why I still have faith in this team.

I know these following predictions may seem lofty but I see them as entirely possible. There are too many times where a team lets off the gas pedal and can't finish. That won't be the case with Detroit, they will finish strong.

GAME 5:

DET [5-1] W

GAME 6:

DET [2-1] W

GAME 7:

This game will feature playoff hockey at its finest, with the highs and lows of everything you could imagine. Detroit wins in overtime.

DET [3-2 OT] W

Keys to Victory:

- Get the first goal

- Limit turnovers

Share your thoughts on how this series is going to turn out! (Try to stay positive and have faith)

I think there's very few of us optimists left on this thread! Wings in 7!!!!!

GAME 5:

DET [5-1] W

GAME 6:

DET [2-1] W

GAME 7:

DET [3-2 OT] W

Keys to Victory:

- Get the first goal

- Limit turnovers

LOVE THIS!

One should never give up on their team when there is still hockey left to be played. Are the odds against us? Sure. But it's not impossible. Nothing ever is and if any team can comeback from a deficit it is the Wings. :thumbup:

LOVE THIS!

One should never give up on their team when there is still hockey left to be played. Are the odds against us? Sure. But it's not impossible. Nothing ever is and if any team can comeback from a deficit it is the Wings. :thumbup:

I distinctly remember going down 2-0 going into Vancouver in 2002, and we overcame. Is it likely? Nah. Possible? Absolutely.

+1 to OP for posting up a positive thread after a hard loss. :thumbup:

Honestly, I voted no, but i'm not ruling it out as a possibility. Anything can happen in a 7 game series and I seem to remember us being down 3-1 before and still fighting. Obviously the odds are against us but i'll maintain my faith in this team until the game that sees them eliminated or victorious.

After watching games 3 and 4, it would be really dumb to say they have no chance at winning this series. They outplayed the Preds in both games, outshot them 84-39, but still lost. Its like 2003 against Anaheim. We fire a million pucks on net, hit posts, shots trickle just wide, etc. The other team comes down our end, gets a lucky bounce and boom, its in our net. The goal that Nashville scored that was disallowed (which was crap btw, should have counted) that was a perfect example. We're dominating the WHOLE game and then a bad angle shot with Howard hugging the post somehow goes into the net. I'm so over that. If they went out there and got BEAT, I would be okay with that. It would show where they need to improve. But when you control the play, dominate in shots and lose, what do you change? There's nothing you can do about lucky bounces. It either happens for you or it doesn't and right now it definitely isn't. Having said that, I'm still holding out hope that skill and talent will prevail and we win the next three games.

Last year we were able to get San Jose to a game 7 (won 3 straight) and I thought we were getting outplayed in that series. Now we are outplaying them. If we can win this next game and force a game 6 at home, I think we have a legitimate shot at winning this series.

Why the heck not? I'm still going to be hoping for us to win this series, so why on earth would I say no? Yeah, it's probably naive but if it's still possible then I'm always going to believe we can win it. Been watching this team for a good few years now and I know what they are capable of if they want to.

Franzen needs to pull his finger out and get in front of the net, Z need to stop taking up office BEHIND the net and get in the slot (I honestly don't remember a shot from the slot all game last night), Rinne is a big guy but he's down on his pads early and it's really his sprawling reach that saves him. Get a shot high on his blocker side and he'll have trouble. I mean this goal says it all, Rinne goes down way before Dats pulls the trigger and then can't get his shoulder up in time.

He's not unbeatable but pucks need to get up off the ice, not stay low and hope they go between the pads. If they're intent on playing the game behind the net then have a guy waiting in the slot because when Rinne hugs the post he stays down, he rarely stands back up when the puck comes out front. That actually frees up a lot of net.

I'm still a believer and always will be. Because this is the team that I love and I'll never bet against them.

The mods would be better suited to police the former, and not the later.

I guess reality hurts? This team hasn't beat anyone in 3 months that is any good. If anyone magically expected to somehow come into the playoffs and flip the magical switch and win is on crack. Also if you are going to use the term bandwagon fan you should at least know the meaning of the word and apply it in the correct situation.

I guess reality hurts? This team hasn't beat anyone in 3 months that is any good. If anyone magically expected to somehow come into the playoffs and flip the magical switch and win is on crack. Also if you are going to use the term bandwagon fan you should at least know the meaning of the word and apply it in the correct situation.

I suppose you were saying the same things in 2003 when the Wings lost 16 of their last 18 games and then their first 2 playoff games.

As for the bandwagon fan term, I have given up using it here. There are so many fairweather Wings fans that have stuck around for so long that we won't know the amount of bandwagon fans until the team goes into the crapper for 2-5 years. As long as the Wings are winning and making the playoffs, they will be around. Don't feel offended, I feel the same way about the Ferris State Bulldogs. I have been a fan since 1993, and in that time I have seen just a handful of winning seasons and that memorable run to the Frozen Four this year and the Elite Eight in 2003. The bandwagon fans jump on and off that team every few years or so, while the die hards like me have been supporting the team the whole time.

I suppose you were saying the same things in 2003 when the Wings lost 16 of their last 18 games and then their first 2 playoff games.

As for the bandwagon fan term, I have given up using it here. There are so many fairweather Wings fans that have stuck around for so long that we won't know the amount of bandwagon fans until the team goes into the crapper for 2-5 years. As long as the Wings are winning and making the playoffs, they will be around. Don't feel offended, I feel the same way about the Ferris State Bulldogs. I have been a fan since 1993, and in that time I have seen just a handful of winning seasons and that memorable run to the Frozen Four this year and the Elite Eight in 2003. The bandwagon fans jump on and off that team every few years or so, while the die hards like me have been supporting the team the whole time.

Well lets put it this way. I am a die hard Lions fan that even went to games when they were doomed to 0-16 and I live 10 hours away. I have watched every single Lions game since I had the ability to (I live outside the state) first at bars every weekend as the only Lions fan that would show his face in Bear country then . I follow teams to the end and have never gone away if they are bad...hell being bad in the Wings case for a couple years could turn out to be a good thing as they really need to restock the cupboard.

I am very critical of the teams when they are not performing to the level they should and the Wings should be better than that 3rd period garbage we got to watch last night. That second goal tells it all in which both defensive-men are on one side of the ice and then both of them, Flip and Howard all over react and theres an empty net. That s*** should never ever happen.

Also comparing this to 2003 is not exactly the same thing.

That team was far better talent wise than this one and didn't have Pekke Rinne robbing them all series long.

Guest Hatethedrake!

Game 5: Wings 3, Preds 2 (OT)

Game 6: Wings 4, Preds 3 (OT)

Game 7: Wings 2, Preds 1 (2OT)

Weber slames Rinne's head into the goal post and gives him a concussion.