• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Pat

Will Detroit win this series?

Rate this topic

128 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

The series is over guys just give it up and stop being a HOMER.

Lenny, m'boy, your negative attitude is like a mosquito bite. Irritating for a little while, then it just goes away with no harm done. *grabs a can of Deep Woods OFF*

Itch on, my friend, itch on....

The series is over guys just give it up and stop being a HOMER.

Tell me how you call yourself a fan. Do you have any optimism at the beginning of the season? Are you only happy if your team is loaded with superstars?

You called this team a failure when they lost in Game 7 in 2009 because that was the one time you got to see them live. Well boo hoo how about all the real fans that would love to take a trip to the Joe to see their team? You say you won't go to the Joe unless they have a legit chance at winning the Cup. I live in St Louis and I would pay a lot of money to just go see a regular season game in Detroit. You aren't a fan, you just want to be associated with a winner so you get upset when the team doesn't go 82-0 and sweep the playoffs

I've said it long before the playoffs began...This team won't make it outta the 1st round.

You know why I hate this attitude? Because you guys make statements like they won't make it out of the first round, and defend them saying, 'Hey, I'm not gonna be saying I told you so if it hapapnes." Well.....here is proof that is not the case. I know you may not have specifically said that, but people who defend your statements do.

And no I don't think Detroit will win. If anything, they will win games 5 and 6 to only drop game 7. But I still hate some people's attitude about the team. I'm already depressed enough, I don't need anybody reminding me.

the series is not over until the team that is leading the series wins 4 games,game 5 is gonna be a huge game the wings, for them it is either win big or go home defeated

Thanks for clearing that up for us, we had no idea that's how it worked.

Edited by rrasco

Cliche as it is...puck luck, a few bounces our way, give this team some life and look out.

Also, i get a real kick out of Wing fans born in the 80's and 90's who ***** about how this team sucks and they

have no heart and to blow up the team coaches etc....love the passion seriously I do but If you never saw Larson, Duguay, Ogrodnick, Kisio, Stefan, Stevie in his teens and even Melrose play as Wings....you have no idea how spolied you are. ..neg away!

I remember the "Dead Things" era during the 80's so I don't see any need for doom and gloom. However this run ends I am really excited about this coming offseason and all the cap space we will have. I really hope Lids comes back at a hometown discount to free up another chunk of cash. I also hope that we acquire a Weber type d-man (not the cheapshot Weber-the mean nasty Weber). Goaltending has always scared me in Detroit except with Vernon and Hasek (both times), and we kind of crapped out on the Hasek 2 deal. What I dread most, more than all the s*** I will eat from other team's fans is the feeling of gratification Cherry will feel out of seemingly feeling right about the "soft Europeans" garbage that he spews. No, there is no shame in going out to Nashville. I really hang my hat on making the playoffs for 2 decades straight. Even in the salary cap era where we can't be accused of buying the Cup. GO WINGS!!! RELOAD!!! RECONQUER!!!

post-18201-0-39232600-1334784868_thumb.jpg

Edited by Marty Barry

No, I don't think we will. I didn't think we would at the beginning, and I continue not to think we will. Nashville has the better team, they're outplaying us, and they look more like they want to win.

It's time to quit coasting on the late 90s/early 00s. That's a decade and a half gone by now. Time to move on.

Their focus in this series (probably because they are respecting rinne too much) has been to pass up on shots on the rush and instead set it up in the O zone. They have dominated the series by doing this, but they need to start ripping shots on the rush.

Get rinne down and pick those corners!

I actually forget which Cup it was (nice problem to have), I think it was 2002 when the crowd at the Joe kept chanting LOUDLY "SHOOT THE PUCK" and they actually did,. maybe, I don't know, a little pressure from the home crowd if they can win this next one

The crowd looks/sounds as narcoleptic as the team on the ice. I'd love for the fans to get into the game, maybe light a fire under their asses, but the fans would have to attend the game, and then stay the whole game in order for that effect to take place.

Tell me how you call yourself a fan. Do you have any optimism at the beginning of the season? Are you only happy if your team is loaded with superstars?

You called this team a failure when they lost in Game 7 in 2009 because that was the one time you got to see them live. Well boo hoo how about all the real fans that would love to take a trip to the Joe to see their team? You say you won't go to the Joe unless they have a legit chance at winning the Cup. I live in St Louis and I would pay a lot of money to just go see a regular season game in Detroit. You aren't a fan, you just want to be associated with a winner so you get upset when the team doesn't go 82-0 and sweep the playoffs

+1'd your ass, because this is exactly how I feel. Poor you Lenny for getting to go to Game 7 of a Stanley Cup Final at the Joe. Going to the Joe for me, would cost upwards of about $1000, you know, considering a plane ticket across the Atlantic, hotel costs, then not to mention a game ticket?! I mean you go and actually watch the team so you must like or support them in some way? Why not show it? Have some faith for goodness sake that they can at least take the next game, and then really it's who can keep their head. It's 3 seperate 1-game series for Detroit. I'm not saying that they can continue coasting and not hustling as they have been at times because they really need to start shooting from good areas, main thing. All I'm getting at is that for us, it's do or die, and I'll ALWAYS pick them to do. Otherwise what's the point in caring?

I actually forget which Cup it was (nice problem to have), I think it was 2002 when the crowd at the Joe kept chanting LOUDLY "SHOOT THE PUCK" and they actually did,. maybe, I don't know, a little pressure from the home crowd if they can win this next one

I was at the game last night and on several occasions, I heard various parts of the crowd yelling "Shoot! Shoot it!" myself included. They eventually would but always too late.

The crowd looks/sounds as narcoleptic as the team on the ice. I'd love for the fans to get into the game, maybe light a fire under their asses, but the fans would have to attend the game, and then stay the whole game in order for that effect to take place.

Last night there were quite a few times, especially in the third where the fans were booing (and not just for Weber). Every time another PP failed, and especially at the end of the game. The team has stated that they did not like being booed off the ice at the end of last season, and that was part of the reason they wanted to up their game at home this year. After the streak, that seemed to go out the window. You would think that hearing it during the last regular season games and during the playoffs would be enough of a trigger to get them going. And not many people left until about the last minute and especially after the third goal last night. In fact, from about 2:47 on in the third, EVERYONE was on their feet for the remaining minutes. That was when they had showed the video montage they always do at the end to "make noise" with clips from different movies.

If Detroit can pull out of this, they need to remember that "the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." Rinne is good but not infallible. If all the shots you are putting on this goalie are from the right and left point, he is going to see it and stop it. In games 1-3, they had some really good chances when all three forwards came in hot and heavy, but stupid things like Hudler never being able to catch a pass on his stick and one time it, prevented that from going any further. That and this damn hold onto the puck and skate the whole perimeter of the offensive zone s*** has to stop. Get traffic in front of Rinne, storm the crease, be there for the rebounds when they come. Their star players need to start pulling their weight and showing why they have these hefty contracts (Franzen, Datsyuk, Filppula). And for God's sake, hustle! Don't stare at the puck when it's two feet in front of you and wait for the Pred player to get and come to you. Get some jump in your step and show that you actually want to be a playoff contender instead of just coasting into the playoffs to add another tick to the tally of consecutive years in the playoffs and then not caring what happens after that. /rant.

I was at the game last night and on several occasions, I heard various parts of the crowd yelling "Shoot! Shoot it!" myself included. They eventually would but always too late.

Last night there were quite a few times, especially in the third where the fans were booing (and not just for Weber). Every time another PP failed, and especially at the end of the game. The team has stated that they did not like being booed off the ice at the end of last season, and that was part of the reason they wanted to up their game at home this year. After the streak, that seemed to go out the window. You would think that hearing it during the last regular season games and during the playoffs would be enough of a trigger to get them going. And not many people left until about the last minute and especially after the third goal last night. In fact, from about 2:47 on in the third, EVERYONE was on their feet for the remaining minutes. That was when they had showed the video montage they always do at the end to "make noise" with clips from different movies.

If Detroit can pull out of this, they need to remember that "the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." Rinne is good but not infallible. If all the shots you are putting on this goalie are from the right and left point, he is going to see it and stop it. In games 1-3, they had some really good chances when all three forwards came in hot and heavy, but stupid things like Hudler never being able to catch a pass on his stick and one time it, prevented that from going any further. That and this damn hold onto the puck and skate the whole perimeter of the offensive zone s*** has to stop. Get traffic in front of Rinne, storm the crease, be there for the rebounds when they come. Their star players need to start pulling their weight and showing why they have these hefty contracts (Franzen, Datsyuk, Filppula). And for God's sake, hustle! Don't stare at the puck when it's two feet in front of you and wait for the Pred player to get and come to you. Get some jump in your step and show that you actually want to be a playoff contender instead of just coasting into the playoffs to add another tick to the tally of consecutive years in the playoffs and then not caring what happens after that. /rant.

Wow,Love this!!

Would you be interested in becoming Mrs. Wing Queen?:)

I'm with ya on the outcome of the series, but I disagree with the crowd part. It was electric on Sunday and the fans were behind the Red Wings even when Nashville went up 2-0 in the game. I didn't leave early, but I don't blame people that hit the exits with a two goal deficit and only a couple minutes remaining.

Let's be honest too: there hasn't been much to cheer about in this series. I think last night it was probably just a lot of nervous energy in the building. I was a little surprised to hear the boos, though they aren't completely unwarranted either. If the players take offense, there is a solution.

2nd line: Franzen Bertuzzi

These 2 shouldn't be on the same line right now. I still can't believe how useless they have been outside of Bert's "fight".

I'd say-

Zetterberg-Datsyuk-Cleary

Franzen-Filppula-Hudler

Miller-Abdelkader-Bertuzzi

Holmstrom-Emmerton-Nyquist

I was present and that's totally false. Place was electric aside from the final 5 minutes of play. It was tough because any kind of chance was getting snuffed out and Rinne was just seeing everything. Same issue with not driving to the net, going to the dirty areas, and creating the traffic that is necessary to get the puck past him. Just shut down the engines, recharge the batteries, and get it together. 1 game at a time and whatever else the cliche machine can nail out. They can do this.