• Please log in to reply
62 replies to this topic

#21 korrowan

korrowan

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 354 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 08:48 AM

The mods would be better suited to police the former, and not the later.

I guess reality hurts? This team hasn't beat anyone in 3 months that is any good. If anyone magically expected to somehow come into the playoffs and flip the magical switch and win is on crack. Also if you are going to use the term bandwagon fan you should at least know the meaning of the word and apply it in the correct situation.

#22 Nightfall

Nightfall

My goal is to deny yours!

• Gold Booster
  • 3,632 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 08:57 AM

I guess reality hurts? This team hasn't beat anyone in 3 months that is any good. If anyone magically expected to somehow come into the playoffs and flip the magical switch and win is on crack. Also if you are going to use the term bandwagon fan you should at least know the meaning of the word and apply it in the correct situation.

I suppose you were saying the same things in 2003 when the Wings lost 16 of their last 18 games and then their first 2 playoff games.

As for the bandwagon fan term, I have given up using it here. There are so many fairweather Wings fans that have stuck around for so long that we won't know the amount of bandwagon fans until the team goes into the crapper for 2-5 years. As long as the Wings are winning and making the playoffs, they will be around. Don't feel offended, I feel the same way about the Ferris State Bulldogs. I have been a fan since 1993, and in that time I have seen just a handful of winning seasons and that memorable run to the Frozen Four this year and the Elite Eight in 2003. The bandwagon fans jump on and off that team every few years or so, while the die hards like me have been supporting the team the whole time.
Christopher Brian Dudek
My Domain

#23 korrowan

korrowan

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 354 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 09:56 AM

I suppose you were saying the same things in 2003 when the Wings lost 16 of their last 18 games and then their first 2 playoff games.

As for the bandwagon fan term, I have given up using it here. There are so many fairweather Wings fans that have stuck around for so long that we won't know the amount of bandwagon fans until the team goes into the crapper for 2-5 years. As long as the Wings are winning and making the playoffs, they will be around. Don't feel offended, I feel the same way about the Ferris State Bulldogs. I have been a fan since 1993, and in that time I have seen just a handful of winning seasons and that memorable run to the Frozen Four this year and the Elite Eight in 2003. The bandwagon fans jump on and off that team every few years or so, while the die hards like me have been supporting the team the whole time.

Well lets put it this way. I am a die hard Lions fan that even went to games when they were doomed to 0-16 and I live 10 hours away. I have watched every single Lions game since I had the ability to (I live outside the state) first at bars every weekend as the only Lions fan that would show his face in Bear country then . I follow teams to the end and have never gone away if they are bad...hell being bad in the Wings case for a couple years could turn out to be a good thing as they really need to restock the cupboard.

I am very critical of the teams when they are not performing to the level they should and the Wings should be better than that 3rd period garbage we got to watch last night. That second goal tells it all in which both defensive-men are on one side of the ice and then both of them, Flip and Howard all over react and theres an empty net. That s*** should never ever happen.

Also comparing this to 2003 is not exactly the same thing.

That team was far better talent wise than this one and didn't have Pekke Rinne robbing them all series long.

#24 matt198913

matt198913

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,819 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 09:57 AM

Wings in 7. Big game from Jim
BINGO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#25 wingslogo19

wingslogo19

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,234 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 09:59 AM

I believe . LET'S GO RED WINGS
IPB Image

#26 Hatethedrake!

Hatethedrake!

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,496 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 10:03 AM

Game 5: Wings 3, Preds 2 (OT)

Game 6: Wings 4, Preds 3 (OT)

Game 7: Wings 2, Preds 1 (2OT)

Weber slames Rinne's head into the goal post and gives him a concussion.
Jordan Tootoo will wreck shop.

We need someone like Parise that can penetrate the box.-blueadams

#27 Norwegian Red Wing

Norwegian Red Wing

He shoots - He SCOOORES!

• HoF Booster
  • 342 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 10:06 AM

sadly, I do not think the Wings can turn this around..I canīt see Predators loosing three games in a row.. Two, sure.. but three? nah.. :( I really hope Iīm wrong though! :lookaround:
Posted Image

#28 bdavis

bdavis

• Bronze Booster
  • 321 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 10:31 AM

All I know is that we don't need another cocktease here. Please, if you guys make it to game 7.. WIN.

#29 LeonardSankar

LeonardSankar

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 251 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 12:49 PM

The series is over guys just give it up and stop being a HOMER.

#30 Motown4013

Motown4013

1st Line All-Star

• Silver Booster
  • 1,054 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 01:23 PM

Dude, you are a DOWNER 24-7. How do you get out of bed every day????
Raising another Red Wings Fan!

The future looks bright in Hockeytown!

#31 King Crane

King Crane

3rd Line Checker

• Silver Booster
  • 385 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 01:41 PM

Posted Image

"I'll smile in June" - Jimmy Howard 

#32 HOCKEY MATTERS

HOCKEY MATTERS

Nearly invisible now........you smell that?

• HoF Booster
  • 2,401 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 01:57 PM

Lenny, m'boy, your negative attitude is like a mosquito bite. Irritating for a little while, then it just goes away with no harm done. *grabs a can of Deep Woods OFF*
Itch on, my friend, itch on....
half the world is nuts...and the other half is crazy
"You can't chew yesterdays' breakfast." Jim Leyland
Drawing on my fine command of language, I said nothing.

Alternative to Google tracking you.... http://duckduckgo.com/

#33 Jeff6851

Jeff6851

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 715 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 02:00 PM

Heart says yes. Head says no. Also your last question should have an all of the above option.

Basically this
Detroit fan living in St. Louis
"To whom much is given, much is expected."
"Play them six times, they might win four, but not this game. Not tonight."
"Hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard."

#34 Wingedwheeler2

Wingedwheeler2

Prospect

• 37 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 02:32 PM

Would I love to see it....sure, who wouldn't?? Do I think we'll see it? Slim to none.

#35 PredsFanTheBayouState

PredsFanTheBayouState

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 403 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 02:36 PM

the series is not over until the team that is leading the series wins 4 games,game 5 is gonna be a huge game the wings, for them it is either win big or go home defeated

#36 Jeff6851

Jeff6851

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 715 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 03:05 PM

Tell me how you call yourself a fan. Do you have any optimism at the beginning of the season? Are you only happy if your team is loaded with superstars?

You called this team a failure when they lost in Game 7 in 2009 because that was the one time you got to see them live. Well boo hoo how about all the real fans that would love to take a trip to the Joe to see their team? You say you won't go to the Joe unless they have a legit chance at winning the Cup. I live in St Louis and I would pay a lot of money to just go see a regular season game in Detroit. You aren't a fan, you just want to be associated with a winner so you get upset when the team doesn't go 82-0 and sweep the playoffs
Detroit fan living in St. Louis
"To whom much is given, much is expected."
"Play them six times, they might win four, but not this game. Not tonight."
"Hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard."

#37 rrasco

rrasco

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,853 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 03:11 PM

I've said it long before the playoffs began...This team won't make it outta the 1st round.

You know why I hate this attitude? Because you guys make statements like they won't make it out of the first round, and defend them saying, 'Hey, I'm not gonna be saying I told you so if it hapapnes." Well.....here is proof that is not the case. I know you may not have specifically said that, but people who defend your statements do.

And no I don't think Detroit will win. If anything, they will win games 5 and 6 to only drop game 7. But I still hate some people's attitude about the team. I'm already depressed enough, I don't need anybody reminding me.

the series is not over until the team that is leading the series wins 4 games,game 5 is gonna be a huge game the wings, for them it is either win big or go home defeated

Thanks for clearing that up for us, we had no idea that's how it worked.

Edited by rrasco, 18 April 2012 - 03:12 PM.

Kronwalled.net - Keep Yer Head up Kid

MONEY ON THE BOARD: $10/Kronwalling, $1/goal by: Nyquist, Tatar, Jurco, Sheahan, Glendening, Andersson, Dekeyser, Pulkinnen, Ouellet, or Sproul.  2X MULTIPLIER: Glendening.  MOTB TOTAL: $0

#38 beachwing

beachwing

Reader

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,218 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 03:45 PM

Cliche as it is...puck luck, a few bounces our way, give this team some life and look out.

Also, i get a real kick out of Wing fans born in the 80's and 90's who ***** about how this team sucks and they
have no heart and to blow up the team coaches etc....love the passion seriously I do but If you never saw Larson, Duguay, Ogrodnick, Kisio, Stefan, Stevie in his teens and even Melrose play as Wings....you have no idea how spolied you are. ..neg away!

#39 Salviaman

Salviaman

Tool + Red Wings = Bliss

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,247 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 03:48 PM

Wings take it to 7 games. Who wins? I don't know...
Think for yourself. Question authority. Throughout human history as our species has faced the frightening, terrorizing fact that we do not know who we are or where we are going in this ocean of chance, it has been the authorities, the political, the religious, the educational authorities who attempted to comfort us by giving us order, rules, regulations, informing, forming in our minds their view of reality. To think for yourself you must question authority and learn how to put yourself in a state of vulnerable, open mindedness, chaotic, confused vulnerability to inform yourself.

#40 Marty Barry

Marty Barry

Buzkashi Grandmaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,360 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 04:13 PM

I remember the "Dead Things" era during the 80's so I don't see any need for doom and gloom. However this run ends I am really excited about this coming offseason and all the cap space we will have. I really hope Lids comes back at a hometown discount to free up another chunk of cash. I also hope that we acquire a Weber type d-man (not the cheapshot Weber-the mean nasty Weber). Goaltending has always scared me in Detroit except with Vernon and Hasek (both times), and we kind of crapped out on the Hasek 2 deal. What I dread most, more than all the s*** I will eat from other team's fans is the feeling of gratification Cherry will feel out of seemingly feeling right about the "soft Europeans" garbage that he spews. No, there is no shame in going out to Nashville. I really hang my hat on making the playoffs for 2 decades straight. Even in the salary cap era where we can't be accused of buying the Cup. GO WINGS!!! RELOAD!!! RECONQUER!!!

Attached File  1525.jpg   27.69KB   0 downloads

Edited by Marty Barry, 18 April 2012 - 04:34 PM.