• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
jroc86

Until the End ...

Rate this topic

I think a lot of people here are confusing realism with pessimism/bridge-jumping. No one, aside from the fans of other teams, wants the Red Wings to lose. I don't think we're going to win, but I'm going to watch the game anyway. I'm a fan, that's what I do. However, I also love the team enough to realize we're deeply flawed.

So again, please don't confuse people being realistic with people saying, "f*** this team, I'm rooting for Vancouver."

I think a lot of people here are confusing realism with pessimism/bridge-jumping. No one, aside from the fans of other teams, wants the Red Wings to lose. I don't think we're going to win, but I'm going to watch the game anyway. I'm a fan, that's what I do. However, I also love the team enough to realize we're deeply flawed.

So again, please don't confuse people being realistic with people saying, "f*** this team, I'm rooting for Vancouver."

I can't plus this enough. Right on!

esteef

People love to to say anyone that doesn't think their team is perfect all the time is a bandwagoner and then when they lose they say at least they stuck by them the entire team.

Though it's not like any of us are going to miss Friday's game, even if we don't want to watch

Was at the game last night and the team was out of position, many turn overs, and really looked like some of them lacked the drive or some could say passion to play.

Sadly, his may of been Lids last game @ JLA

Edited by Rivalred

Last year, TB beat PIT after going down 3-1, Chicago won 3 straight after going down 3-0 to the Canucks, the Wings won 3 straight after going down 3-0 to the Sharks. In 2010 Montreal beat Washington after going down 3-1, and Philly beat Boston 4 straight after going down 3-0, In 2009, Washington beat the Rangers after falling 3-1 in the series. Bottom line, hockey is a funny sport and these things happen more and more each year. It's not over until one team wins 4 games.

keep showing your support for the wings,they might be down in this series but not out,it is not over until the final buzzer.

even if they do lose game 5 on friday,hold your heads up high and remember that ya'll guys love your red wings and that ya'll are proud to be a detroit red wings fans and will continue to support thembiggrin.gif

keep showing your support for the wings,they might be down in this series but not out,it is not over until the final buzzer.

even if they do lose game 5 on friday,hold your heads up high and remember that ya'll guys love your red wings and that ya'll are proud to be a detroit red wings fans and will continue to support thembiggrin.gif

That and we'll be back next year

Thanks for being classy!:thumbup:

Look, we know the Wings can win. They haven't been outplayed or manhandled like they have in past series'. In fact, I'd say they have dominated all but Games 1 and 2, and even Game 1 was pretty even. Only in Game 2 did Nashville have any real advantage. So we know that they're playing hard enough to win.

The challenge comes in scoring goals and Howard not letting in soft goals.

Honestly, I'm tired of getting my hopes up only to have them raped. So I'm not going to go out and pretend like the Wings could realistically win the series (they could, but given how much luck has played a role so far it's unlikely). However, I do know they are capable of winning Game 5.

And so that's about all we can do as fans. Hope for a win and another hockey Wings hockey game to watch. Frankly, I do think they could win Games 5 and 6. But my cynical mind says that would be just enough to get our hopes up, only to have them crushed in Game 7. So to cut this rambling rant short: the Wings can win game 5. They just need to keep doing what they did in Game 4, only score more goals by pressing Rinne early and crashing into people if need be to get that pick in deeper.

And coming back from 3-1 is rare, but it's not really all that rare like a 3-0 deficit.

Edited by VM1138

Bump (added another epic comeback vid). On Vancouver Island it seems many Canuck fans are hopping off their own sinking ship and joining the Preds bandwagon. After work Friday I plan on rocking my Lidstrom jersey, ballcap, and heading down to the local watering hole to crush a 16oz prime rib and throw back 3$ beers like its my day job. Figure ill be ready to celebrate bigtime if they win or ill be ripe for a REM=sleep passout if they lose. This organizations given my priceless memories since ive been a fan (since grade 2 ... im 25 now) and support the logo no matter what. A game 2010 game 4'esque performance from Bert and Mule would be nice to dent Rinne confidence a little. Oh, and Jimmy Howard circa 2011 please show up and compete with Rinne please.

We are not facing Bryzgalol or M8rc - Andre- Fleury we are facing a top 5 goalie and two elite defenseman that said:

1. Can the Wings comeback? Yes

2. Do I think they will? No

3. Do I want them to? Hell YES

4. heart says: we will win this series

5. realist in me: over in 5

Thats not to take away from the Wings or being a fair weather fan I just think that this years Wings edition < Predators. We are not a bad team just not as elite as we are used to.

I really like your optimism and love your motivation speech if our boys show the same effort tomorrow who knows go Wings go

Guest ToMaToToWnWinGsFaN_24

i said preds in 5

so im sticking with my prediction...Eh... :hehe:

We are not facing Bryzgalol or M8rc - Andre- Fleury we are facing a top 5 goalie and two elite defenseman that said:

1. Can the Wings comeback? Yes

2. Do I think they will? No

3. Do I want them to? Hell YES

4. heart says: we will win this series

5. realist in me: over in 5

Thats not to take away from the Wings or being a fair weather fan I just think that this years Wings edition < Predators. We are not a bad team just not as elite as we are used to.

I really like your optimism and love your motivation speech if our boys show the same effort tomorrow who knows go Wings go

Preds will win the series, be it 5, 6 or 7. Reason - Babcock does not have a plan B. He really has no new ideas. Pitiful.