Champion, MVP and still the best!!!

• HoF Booster
  • 21,473 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 03:51 PM

Believe.
Posted Image

Bernie! I have the t-shirt, and will be wearing it on Friday. :D

puckloo39dom.jpg

“Next time I tell you someone from Texas should not be president of the United States, please pay attention."

Best ever

#22 wingslogo19

wingslogo19

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,234 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 03:54 PM

Nothing is over till it's over
IPB Image

#23 Xitium

Xitium

Super Lurker

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,451 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 04:00 PM

No problemo. ; ) I always like to stay positive. In years past I've been called out for it but I can't help it! LOL

GO WINGS!!!!

BERNIE!!! omg I remember this. And I just realized your Late Night Crew member sig. I was a part of that LOL I miss it!

Yeah, I've been around a long time. Since this forums remake in 2001ish I want to say. I lost my account info and lurked for a while before I just made this account. I've seen some of the lowest lows.. (95 finals anyone?) which only make the highs sweeter. There truly hasn't been a better team in professional sports in the last 15-20 years than the Red Wings. (IMO of course)

If you start a new thread within two hours after a Wings game, specifically a loss, YOU ARE WRONG.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#24 beachwing

beachwing

Reader

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,253 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 04:03 PM

Yeah, I've been around a long time. Since this forums remake in 2001ish I want to say. I lost my account info and lurked for a while before I just made this account. I've seen some of the lowest lows.. (95 finals anyone?) which only make the highs sweeter. There truly hasn't been a better team in professional sports in the last 15-20 years than the Red Wings. (IMO of course)

This x1000!

#25 HockeyCrazy3033

HockeyCrazy3033

Hall of Famer

• Silver Booster
  • 17,360 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 04:17 PM

Same! I've been on these boards since I was 13-14 which was back in 2000-2001 as well. I got sick of my old usernames and finally stuck with this one for awhile now. lol
"I'm a winner. That's all I do". - Chris Osgood -

#26 Jeff6851

Jeff6851

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 726 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 04:32 PM

Detroit fan living in St. Louis
"To whom much is given, much is expected."
"Play them six times, they might win four, but not this game. Not tonight."
"Hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard."

#27 Electrophile

Electrophile

Ipsa scientia potestas est.

• Silver Booster
  • 9,390 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 04:42 PM

I think a lot of people here are confusing realism with pessimism/bridge-jumping. No one, aside from the fans of other teams, wants the Red Wings to lose. I don't think we're going to win, but I'm going to watch the game anyway. I'm a fan, that's what I do. However, I also love the team enough to realize we're deeply flawed.

So again, please don't confuse people being realistic with people saying, "f*** this team, I'm rooting for Vancouver."

electrophilewingsfloyd.jpg

"People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually* from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly... time-y wimey... stuff."  -- The Doctor

#28 esteef

esteef

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 8,874 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 04:46 PM

I think a lot of people here are confusing realism with pessimism/bridge-jumping. No one, aside from the fans of other teams, wants the Red Wings to lose. I don't think we're going to win, but I'm going to watch the game anyway. I'm a fan, that's what I do. However, I also love the team enough to realize we're deeply flawed.

So again, please don't confuse people being realistic with people saying, "f*** this team, I'm rooting for Vancouver."

I can't plus this enough. Right on!

esteef
"The Wings haven't won a Cup without Darren McCarty since 1955."

#29 Jeff6851

Jeff6851

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 726 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 04:57 PM

People love to to say anyone that doesn't think their team is perfect all the time is a bandwagoner and then when they lose they say at least they stuck by them the entire team.

Though it's not like any of us are going to miss Friday's game, even if we don't want to watch

#30 Rivalred

Rivalred

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 7,302 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 05:04 PM

Was at the game last night and the team was out of position, many turn overs, and really looked like some of them lacked the drive or some could say passion to play.

Sadly, his may of been Lids last game @ JLA

Edited by Rivalred, 18 April 2012 - 05:04 PM.

D-Fence Avatar Win-O-Meter 8-1

#31 King Crane

King Crane

3rd Line Checker

• Silver Booster
  • 387 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 05:04 PM

The question becomes, "How bad does the team want it?"

"I'll smile in June" - Jimmy Howard 

#32 stevie for president

stevie for president

Red Blings

• PipPipPip
  • 624 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 05:23 PM

Last year, TB beat PIT after going down 3-1, Chicago won 3 straight after going down 3-0 to the Canucks, the Wings won 3 straight after going down 3-0 to the Sharks. In 2010 Montreal beat Washington after going down 3-1, and Philly beat Boston 4 straight after going down 3-0, In 2009, Washington beat the Rangers after falling 3-1 in the series. Bottom line, hockey is a funny sport and these things happen more and more each year. It's not over until one team wins 4 games.

#33 PredsFanTheBayouState

PredsFanTheBayouState

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 496 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 05:31 PM

keep showing your support for the wings,they might be down in this series but not out,it is not over until the final buzzer.

even if they do lose game 5 on friday,hold your heads up high and remember that ya'll guys love your red wings and that ya'll are proud to be a detroit red wings fans and will continue to support themPosted Image

#34 Jeff6851

Jeff6851

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 726 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 05:37 PM

keep showing your support for the wings,they might be down in this series but not out,it is not over until the final buzzer.

even if they do lose game 5 on friday,hold your heads up high and remember that ya'll guys love your red wings and that ya'll are proud to be a detroit red wings fans and will continue to support themPosted Image

That and we'll be back next year

#35 PredsFanTheBayouState

PredsFanTheBayouState

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 496 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 05:42 PM

That and we'll be back next year

one thing that is guaranteed is that the wings will be in the playoffs next year

#36 HockeyCrazy3033

HockeyCrazy3033

Hall of Famer

• Silver Booster
  • 17,360 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 05:49 PM

Thanks for being classy!:thumbup:
"I'm a winner. That's all I do". - Chris Osgood -

#37 Wing Across The Pond

Wing Across The Pond

Gabriel's Wings

• Silver Booster
  • 744 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 06:04 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yX39J_YyKbs

I think that's the best darn thing I've ever seen!

I know it's been done, but it's a classic...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9rFx6OFooCs

Posted Image

Check out my blog -The Heid-Out- a cynical mans take on everyday life

#38 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,826 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 06:19 PM

According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#39 HankthaTank

HankthaTank

3rd Line Center

• Silver Booster
  • 4,815 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 07:07 PM

Tunage accompaniment. I shan't give up no matter how bleak it may be.

TO WHOM MUCH IS GIVEN, MUCH IS EXPECTED.

#40 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,560 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 07:10 PM

Look, we know the Wings can win. They haven't been outplayed or manhandled like they have in past series'. In fact, I'd say they have dominated all but Games 1 and 2, and even Game 1 was pretty even. Only in Game 2 did Nashville have any real advantage. So we know that they're playing hard enough to win.

The challenge comes in scoring goals and Howard not letting in soft goals.

Honestly, I'm tired of getting my hopes up only to have them raped. So I'm not going to go out and pretend like the Wings could realistically win the series (they could, but given how much luck has played a role so far it's unlikely). However, I do know they are capable of winning Game 5.

And so that's about all we can do as fans. Hope for a win and another hockey Wings hockey game to watch. Frankly, I do think they could win Games 5 and 6. But my cynical mind says that would be just enough to get our hopes up, only to have them crushed in Game 7. So to cut this rambling rant short: the Wings can win game 5. They just need to keep doing what they did in Game 4, only score more goals by pressing Rinne early and crashing into people if need be to get that pick in deeper.

And coming back from 3-1 is rare, but it's not really all that rare like a 3-0 deficit.

Edited by VM1138, 18 April 2012 - 07:12 PM.

Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.