• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
toby91_ca

Something different and useless to talk about

Rate this topic

I don't know why this annoys me so much, but it does. I watched last night's game via TSN, so maybe a lot aren't getting the same replays, etc. that I am. Anyway, during the game and after the game, they showed the "save" Rinne made on Hulder's spin-around backhander. It was played over and over again and they talking about how great Rinne was playing, etc. I get up this morning and on Sportscentre, it was one of the highlights of the night.

So...why am I annoyed? Is it just me, or would the puck have missed the net by about 3 feet if Rinne didn't make the "save"? I wouldn't even call it a save because it wasn't even a shot on net.

I don't know why this annoys me so much, but it does. I watched last night's game via TSN, so maybe a lot aren't getting the same replays, etc. that I am. Anyway, during the game and after the game, they showed the "save" Rinne made on Hulder's spin-around backhander. It was played over and over again and they talking about how great Rinne was playing, etc. I get up this morning and on Sportscentre, it was one of the highlights of the night.

So...why am I annoyed? Is it just me, or would the puck have missed the net by about 3 feet if Rinne didn't make the "save"? I wouldn't even call it a save because it wasn't even a shot on net.

As soon as I saw the play, as it happened, I thought the exact same thing.

That irks the hell out of me, too. That's being classified as a save while you can ring a shot off all the bars of the net and it's not a SOG.

I too live in Canada and saw the game on CBC. I'd asusme so did the OP because TSN has the FLO/NJ game on. The 'save' definitely was frustrating but what I found to be the worst was Kevin Weekes announcing job. Literally every penalty that the Preds took he'd say 'Player A definitely sold that one' and every time the Wings took a penalty he'd said 'Oh, you definitely have to call that one'.

He was laying unjust praise on the Preds any chance he could get. Dont get me wrong, they deserved credit at various moments sprinkled throughout the night but they got prais even when they didn't deserve it.

I too live in Canada and saw the game on CBC. I'd asusme so did the OP because TSN has the FLO/NJ game on. The 'save' definitely was frustrating but what I found to be the worst was Kevin Weekes announcing job. Literally every penalty that the Preds took he'd say 'Player A definitely sold that one' and every time the Wings took a penalty he'd said 'Oh, you definitely have to call that one'.

He was laying unjust praise on the Preds any chance he could get. Dont get me wrong, they deserved credit at various moments sprinkled throughout the night but they got prais even when they didn't deserve it.

Sorry, you are right, I watched on CBC, the replays this morning was TSN

Im just irritated by how ridiculously huge this goalie is. If every goalie ends up being 6'5", they will HAVE to make the nets bigger because this is making for a dull game.

Not every goalie that is 6'5" is as fast as Rinne. Not only is he big, but hes fast and that's why he is so hard to play against.

First off, love how picky this thread is :) My kind of thread.

Secondly, it really annoys me how no one seems to notice that if you're out in the slot, go high, blocker side on this guy, and you've got a good chance of scoring. He's down super early a lot of the time, especially when the pucks behind the net and he's hugging a post. Whenever the puck came out front he was already down but every shot happened to go along the ice. I don't blame him much, his leg span covers the goal line (LOLZ :P ) but really annoys me! Get the puck up!

Im just irritated by how ridiculously huge this goalie is. If every goalie ends up being 6'5", they will HAVE to make the nets bigger because this is making for a dull game.

Really? I kind of prefer the defensive game over the 10 to 8 home run derby. Too many goals waters down the game. And slows it down.

Really? I kind of prefer the defensive game over the 10 to 8 home run derby. Too many goals waters down the game. And slows it down.

I agree, but Rinne is too big. It's sort of like Giguere in the early 2000s, only without the pads. Half of his saves are just because his body takes up so much space and he barely has to move. He's a good goalie, especially for such a big guy, but a lot of his saves were just because his leg covered the entire base of the net, or his shoulder blocked 99% of it.

I agree, but Rinne is too big. It's sort of like Giguere in the early 2000s, only without the pads. Half of his saves are just because his body takes up so much space and he barely has to move. He's a good goalie, especially for such a big guy, but a lot of his saves were just because his leg covered the entire base of the net, or his shoulder blocked 99% of it.

Yeah but isn't that basically saying "He's too good no fair ban him"? That's a dangerous line to consider in professional sports.

Rinne's been good, but holy hell have we helped him. How many rebounds has he spit out for us right at his feet, or right between the hash marks, etc.? Like, 200? He's incredibly mortal - you've just got to get in his kitchen, get up in his grill, capitalize on the assload of second attempts he'll give you on even the most effeminate of low-percentage perimeter shots.