Photo
- - - - -

Luongo gone from Vancouver this summer ...

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#21 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 08:00 PM

Hell no. Luongo is horribly inconsistent and prone to mental breakdowns, and he has one of the worst goalie contracts in the league. And if he's better than Jimmy, it's not by much. Jimmy may have given up a couple of bad goals last game, but otherwise he's been excellent for the rest of the series, and he arguably kept the Red Wings afloat during the first 40% of the season.

How short people's memories become when things are not going well.

#22 shoe

shoe

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 702 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 08:01 PM

1334880399[/url]' post='2292908']. I can say pretty confidently that if/when he's moved he goes to New Jersey.

Interesting place to land makes Sense too I have heard Tampa which also makes sense they need a goalie and his wife would be happy going back to Florida.

#23 Barrie

Barrie

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,920 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 09:06 PM

If I was Luongo, I'd request a trade and let Schneider have to deal with the Vancouver fans and media. He gets no goal support in the playoffs, but everyone blames the loses on him. It's not his fault his team can't score goals in big games.
Lets Go:
Red Wings
Tigers
Roughriders
Lions
Spartans
Pistons

#24 RedWingsRox

RedWingsRox

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,108 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 09:06 PM

No worries, he's not coming to Detroit. We've NEVER paid that much for a goalie and I can't see that ever happening. That and Jimmy > Roberto.

Edited by RedWingsRox, 19 April 2012 - 09:06 PM.

#25 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,625 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 09:09 PM

No worries, he's not coming to Detroit. We've NEVER paid that much for a goalie and I can't see that ever happening. That and Jimmy > Roberto.

Uh....:blink: You are talking POST lockout right? Because I give you two names....Hasek & Joseph...

edit: Just for giggles, Hasek made $8M in 01-02 then again in 03-04 for Detroit, a year AFTER CuJo signed for $8M for the 02-03 and 03-04 season. So for the year 2003-2004 Detroit's goalie payroll was $9.1M (including Manny's $1.1M) YIKES!

Edited by LeftWinger, 19 April 2012 - 09:14 PM.

Don't Be Jealous, But I Live Here...

www.thinkdunes.com

Aww You Mad Bro? Are You Butt Hurt?

#26 nosyt612

nosyt612

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 215 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 09:13 PM

Luongo also has a no movement. The only way he's leaving is if he wants to.

#27 wingslogo19

wingslogo19

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,234 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 09:22 PM

Luongo also has a no movement. The only way he's leaving is if he wants to.

Start Schneider every game and he will want a trade
IPB Image

#28 GoalieManPat

GoalieManPat

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,364 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 09:39 PM

Luongo can go rot back in Florida. Keep him out of Detroit. We are never happy with our goalies here in Detroit even when they are winning us Cups. God help Luongo if he were here during his yearly postseason flops.

#29 irishock

irishock

Into the sunset

• Silver Booster
  • 1,837 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 09:43 PM

Uh....:blink: You are talking POST lockout right? Because I give you two names....Hasek & Joseph...

edit: Just for giggles, Hasek made $8M in 01-02 then again in 03-04 for Detroit, a year AFTER CuJo signed for $8M for the 02-03 and 03-04 season. So for the year 2003-2004 Detroit's goalie payroll was $9.1M (including Manny's $1.1M) YIKES!

That was the no-cap era.

bringit.jpg

#30 jroc86

jroc86

Rookie

• Pip
  • 187 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 10:18 PM

Pretty much what I expected here - most of which I thought myself. 5.3 million dollar cap hit for Lou isnt too bad if he maintains his ability for at least 5 years - then if he becomes injury prone or goes downhill 5.3 would require a buyout (which wouldnt be much cuz his last few years are only a million dollars a pop). And yes, Im fully aware of his post season meltdowns. 8 goals against in game 6 vs Chicago in 09 = gone, 7 goals against vs chicago in 10 = gone, 2 huge beds***tings against Chi last year, then 3 awful performances against Boston to lose the finals. I dont like the guy - never have, and like most of the Canucks fanbase (it seems) Ive always wanted to see him fail based on the team he plays for - the current incarnation of the Canucks has too many people I just cannot cheer for on any level .

Going forward I really hope we can patch up the backup goaltender situation with a respectable tender so Jimmy can be spelled off more and only play 60 or so games.

I think im just going stir crazy before game 5 - lets go get asf****** win Wings and shut all of our useless banter up for a few days! To quote my hero, role model, and guiding light in life Ric Flair - "woooo! woooo! woooooooooooooooo!"

#31 gcom007

gcom007

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,092 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 10:36 PM

Absolutely not.

The guy crumbles under pressure. At least with Hasek, even though he didn't win, he was carrying weak teams as far as they could possibly go and still almost won on almost sheer force of will. Luongo arguably is the reason why his team hasn't been so successful in the post-season too many times, and has some incredibly embarrassing must-win games to his name where he didn't just lose, he got blown out and benched.

Why in the hell would we want a guy like that on this team?!?!?!?

Edited by gcom007, 19 April 2012 - 10:38 PM.

-Elliot...does not panic.

#32 T.Low

T.Low

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,939 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 10:51 PM

Ask anyone in Boston what time it is and the reply is "Oh, 19 past Luongo" and that was just the games in Boston.

If Luongo were on LGW, his avatar would be :siren:

#33 atodaso

atodaso

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 671 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 11:03 PM

Ask anyone in Boston what time it is and the reply is "Oh, 19 past Luongo" and that was just the games in Boston.

If Luongo were on LGW, his avatar would be :siren:

Not quite. In the three games in Boston Luongo gave up 15 goals. He gave up a total of 20 goals in the 7 game series. 5 goals against in 4 home games, two shutouts. In the four losses, Vancouver managed to score a total of 3 goals. In the three wins, they scored 5 goals.

#34 Hiei

Hiei

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,290 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 11:26 PM

Lest we forget, Jimmah was leading the league in wins most of the season and at the front of the line for VEZINA consideration until he injured his finger and his groin.

I could see Luongo returning to Florida. Tampa has effectively no goalies next year with Roloson likely to hang it up or not get resigned, and Garon, who's been a career backup for a reason. Florida has Jose Threeormore, and Clemmensen, who's been a career backup behind Brodeur, not to mention the GM who breaks bank accounts for a living, Dale Tallon. Jersey could take him, but with the ownership situation the way it is and money being tight there, I wouldn't be surprised to see them go cheap for goalies after Brodeur retires. Could always call up the Goalie Hoarder, Garth Snow, see if the Isles want him.

"Hit em with your purse, ya *****!" - Random Wings fans shouting at Franziska

#35 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,626 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 11:29 PM

There's no way Luongo settles for a backup job.

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#36 T.Low

T.Low

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,939 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 11:30 PM

Not quite. In the three games in Boston Luongo gave up 15 goals. He gave up a total of 20 goals in the 7 game series. 5 goals against in 4 home games, two shutouts. In the four losses, Vancouver managed to score a total of 3 goals. In the three wins, they scored 5 goals.

You must drive your husband crazy with all that fact checking when he's trying to spin a good anecdote.

Edited by T.Low, 19 April 2012 - 11:31 PM.

#37 atodaso

atodaso

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 671 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 12:14 AM

You must drive your husband crazy with all that fact checking when he's trying to spin a good anecdote.

Nothing like facts to get in the way, huh? Like the fact that I'm not a woman. Not sure where you got that one from. Probably the same place you got your Luongo stats.

#38 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,626 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 12:24 AM

If Luongo gets traded, I imagine it will be to a city that begins with "T". Toronto or Tampa. Both in desperate need of goaltending.

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#39 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,907 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 12:48 AM

If Luongo gets traded, I imagine it will be to a city that begins with "T". Toronto or Tampa. Both in desperate need of goaltending.

Toledo?

No way would I take Bobby over Jimmy.

#40 Jericho613

Jericho613

Give Nothing, Take Everything

• PipPipPip
  • 513 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 02:02 AM

Don't need Luongo, not real happy with Howard either, but i'd take Howard over Luongo, now if only Ryan Miller was available, lol.