• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

WCQF Game 5 GDT : Red Wings 1 at Predators 2

Rate this topic

Amen!

You see that as Scotty's players slowly left and Holland's team took over, they got worse and worse. Franzen and Hudler are the biggest frauds EVER. Neither deserve to be here next season...

Babs needs to go, there will be no star additions in offseason, too few players and too many buyers, just play lines consisting of people who have comparable skill and let them develop some chemistry. This crazy bussiness of changing lines all the time must stop, it breaks the team.

Guest irishock

I wonder if the series would have gone differently if the Preds weren't able to cheat and add a player after the deadline. Probably not too much different, but who knows.

Radulov didn't even make a difference. The goaltending and Holland not making a single move was the difference.

what a joke..1st team eliminated from the playoffs, EMBARRASSING.

It's quite clear how badly we were outplayed, hell this could have been a sweep by Nashville. Howard came to play tonight, so did Zetterberg and Nyquist.

Quincey was garbage and I fully blame him for the 1st Nashville goal.

Stuart needs to go.

Franzen and Flip were the massive disappointments for me. Hudler was a ghost for Games 1-3, at least did a bit in Games 4 & 5.

Franzen needs to go, I don't care what we get in return. lets clear the cap space.

I don't want to trade Flip, because he had a great year and still has some upside, but he had a terrible playoffs BRUTAL.

Homer needs to retire.

I love Lidstrom, and I hope it was the injured ankle that threw him off his game, but if he's going to come back it has to be at a discount. Otherwise we throw $7 mill @ Suter.

We missed Helmer badly this series, it has to be said.

Why couldn't we have gone after Cody Hodgson???

Big changes this summer (I.E. Parise and Suter at a minimum), or look for us to finish 5th/6th/7th in the west next year, and again get burned in round 1. The Central will only get better.

I wonder if the series would have gone differently if the Preds weren't able to cheat and add a player after the deadline. Probably not too much different, but who knows.

Don't go there I know what you mean but lets get real here:

outstanding goaltending and defense won this series their big 3 played flawless.

Soft effort in a desperate situation. That's this season's team in a nutshell. Franzen finally got bussed down to the 4th line for the second half of the elimination game. Better not see him back next season.

Datsyuk was clearly not 100% and made all the worse by have zero wingers to play with. Gutsy play by Zetterberg all series. Makes me sick to think of that being Nick Lidstrom's last game. Going out the same way Stevie did: team playing soft and losing in the first round.

Ken Holland did nothing to help this team in the previous few seasons. Slowing the bleeding doesn't cut it. Make or break off-season coming...

It's not like one player would have made a difference on this abortion of an effort.

I have to agree.

Nashville didn't blow coverages in their own zone.

Nashville's goaltender was awesome

Nashville got the puck luck in the series

Nashville also had the edge in health

The Wings didn't lose this series because of Howard. The Wings offense disappeared, and its hard to win when you only score one goal.

Good season Wings. Good luck the rest of the way Nashville.

Nick is coming back next season. You heard it here first!

DEAD WIGS SUCK IT MORONS WHAT WAIST OF MONEY AND TIME. I HOPE YOU PEOPLE WILL HAVE A GREAT VACATION AND HALF OF THE TEAM WILL JUST GET LOST SOMEWHERE PLEASE DON'T COME BACK MORONS GO PLAY GOLF PEDERASTI KONCHENIE XUI VAM V ROT IBU VASHIX DOLBANIX MAM I PAP

PEACE BROTHER.

post-18201-0-98995100-1334976346_thumb.gif

Wouldn't have made a difference. We couldn't score a goal. Maybe the series goes 6 games at best. We just had no offense.

DEAD WIGS SUCK IT MORONS WHAT WAIST OF MONEY AND TIME. I HOPE YOU PEOPLE WILL HAVE A GREAT VACATION AND HALF OF THE TEAM WILL JUST GET LOST SOMEWHERE PLEASE DON'T COME BACK MORONS GO PLAY GOLF PEDERASTI KONCHENIE XUI VAM V ROT IBU VASHIX DOLBANIX MAM I PAP

What planet are you from?

You dont know hockey if you say Pavs was terrible.

I've watched pavs since 2002 and I've always said he was the best player on the ice of meaningless games but he s*** the bed this series... He held on to the puck along the boards which is great.... Zetterberg showed heart and threw his body all over the places... Zetterberg shat all over Datsyuk this series... Datsyuk was an observer and Datsyuk has been my favorite player since 06... Datsyuk was meaningless this series

You are right. And for sure, prices were high on trade day. But man, everytime I said something that referred to Holland NOT being the best or Franzen not being good, not to mention the last 4 years of my Hudler bashing. I do agree with you, they need more than one player and I hope to end all hopes that Holland show us he is genius and makes at least 4-5 player changes this summer...

I'm in the same boat, I was disappointed with the off season more than the deadline. I'll be very disappointed if I don't see changes this off season.

Also Wing's aren't going to win a game when Datsyuk, Lidstrom, Franzen, and Kronwall are all off the score sheet. As nice as it would be to have better 3rd and 4th liners the fact remains our best players did not perform well enough.

Edited by Carman

I appreciate your positive attitude. It balances things out.

I just look at this team through my own eyes and not rose glasses. I have been with this team since 1979 have seen the worst, seen a building of a champion and now into this. I have never held back from saying something that needed to be said. The problem is, most "fans" think if you say something bad about the Wings, then you aren't a true fan. I live and breathe Red & White. That is why I can objectively criticize this team with both positive and negative views. I shouldn't have to watch hot garbage skate around the ice only giving 60% because the regular season gets boring to them. f*** that! You are a GD Red Wing! You are part of my franchise! I don't want a s***ty player playing for my franchise. And if you don't deserve to be on the greatest franchise in professional sports, I have no problem calling you out...And if Holland tries to continue with this small skilled type player format, he needs to be fired. This type of team cannot compete for the Cup anymore, they just proved it.

Congratulations Nashville. They deserved the series. Obviously changes have to be made but lets not forget the 23 game home winning streak , 21st consecutive playoff appearance and another 100pt season. Yes it has ended all too soon but Im still proud of our team. Maybe next year.

I just look at this team through my own eyes and not rose glasses. I have been with this team since 1979 have seen the worst, seen a building of a champion and now into this. I have never held back from saying something that needed to be said. The problem is, most "fans" think if you say something bad about the Wings, then you aren't a true fan. I live and breathe Red & White. That is why I can objectively criticize this team with both positive and negative views. I shouldn't have to watch hot garbage skate around the ice only giving 60% because the regular season gets boring to them. f*** that! You are a GD Red Wing! You are part of my franchise! I don't want a s***ty player playing for my franchise. And if you don't deserve to be on the greatest franchise in professional sports, I have no problem calling you out...And if Holland tries to continue with this small skilled type player format, he needs to be fired. This type of team cannot compete for the Cup anymore, they just proved it.

Franzen leads our team in GWG for these playoffs.

I LOL'd

The Hawks were a lower seed then the Wings. There going to lose in the same amount of games to Phoenix, who made no deadline acquisitions unlike Nashville who loaded up, and you post this? I don't understand. I've seen you call people out for not being classy about things, then you say this. Go on buddy, the better team won, that's it. Just like the better team will win when Phoenix beats Chicago.