• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

WCQF Game 5 GDT : Red Wings 1 at Predators 2

Rate this topic

I wonder if the series would have gone differently if the Preds weren't able to cheat and add a player after the deadline. Probably not too much different, but who knows.

That didnt matter much. He was probably the Preds worste player this series. Other than his goal tonight, which was more Quincey screwing up than Radulov doing anything, all he did was take stupid penalties and turn the puck over. He was the Preds version of Franzen.

Also waiting for you to explain why your boy did s*** in this series.

The entire team did s***. 2 players on the wings had more points than Flip. Sure, he didn't get on the scoreboard often, but he hustled, battled and worked his ass off every shift. You can't deny that.

Also, I'm pretty sure this game would have went 2-0 early if it wasn't for Fil's stellar defense.

I feel sorry for Nick because you could tell how disappointed he was, but I have no doubt in my mind he will come back one more season. I dont want to blame Babcock for losing this series, but he was a good portion for the reason unfortunaely. His refusal to change the top 2 lines and give pavel some legitimate help is beyond me. But another thing that killed us was the start to the 3rd period tonight. It was a very very dumb decision by him to not start Lidstrom at the beginning of the period because that play would have never happened because he settles play down and gets things going... terrible mistake by Babcock and that was the difference maker tonight.

Overall I think that losing this series in 5 games will be much better for us for the off season then if we lost in 7 games because now it forces Ken Holland to do something in the off season. It was so clear this series that there was NO ONE for Pavel to work with at all. It was actually disgusting to watch. To be honest, I doubt Nick comes back unless Kenny makes some sort of move because this team as it is does NOT cut it. I fully expect to get Parise or Semin at the very least. I would also like to get a better 3rd or 4th liner. Also good bye Brad Stuart you were great here, but not towards the end... have fun in Cali.

Overall I think with a few additions (as I mentioned above)Nick will come back (and he will ******* prove any loser wrong that thinks he has lost it because he was in contention for the Norris til he got injured and there is no doubt in my mind that he will be amazing next year. I think with the additions, and Nick coming back next year, they will make a really strong run.

I actually know Russian, so you guys don't want to know what redwashington just said at the end of his post.

:hehe:

Taht will be our little secret, LOL I'm at the point that i don't give a dam about this bunch of morons totaly unprofessional totaly s***y totaly classles, even the haited penguins made the score 3-2 comone, I can see a big shake up coming hope that involves the 2 s***i head coach helpers

Guest irishock

I've watched pavs since 2002 and I've always said he was the best player on the ice of meaningless games but he s*** the bed this series... He held on to the puck along the boards which is great.... Zetterberg showed heart and threw his body all over the places... Zetterberg shat all over Datsyuk this series... Datsyuk was an observer and Datsyuk has been my favorite player since 06... Datsyuk was meaningless this series

Again, you're acting like Datsyuk has James Neal and Zach Parise as his wingers.

Well, we were not outclassed, but we were outplayed. Outskated, out quality shotted (lol), and just outhustled. Time for a retool and I really believe that next season and all the money we will have was the real goal this season. Why else would we stand pat at the deadline with all that money we had? I'm not ready to hang Holland and staff after thinking about it. We should have a ton of money now to secure a powerful future for Red Wing hockey.

The most frustrating thing is that the Wings basically did not show up today. How you can do that when your on the verge of elimination is beyong me. Other than Flips breakaway I cant really think of a true clear cut scoring chance the Wings created. The goal by Hudler was more of a broken play scramble than a clear cut chance. Nashville was in control the whole time.

Well, we were not outclassed, but we were outplayed. Outskated, out quality shotted (lol), and just outhustled. Time for a retool and I really believe that next season and all the money we will have was the real goal this season. Why else would we stand pat at the deadline with all that money we had? I'm not ready to hang Holland and staff after thinking about it. We should have a ton of money now to secure a powerful future for Red Wing hockey.

I know right? I mean why try for a Cup now when we can always wait for next year? :thumbdown:

esteef

Just think of it this way guys... we played (not really) 5 more games than Columbus this year!

very true, but compering to columbus we will not get a pick even in the first 100 teams because we are so good I said this before to be a realy good team in Betmans world you need to suck his balls for 3-4 seasons then youy will pick up some real talent (like Oil's) then we can win some caps

"LOL DUDE FRANZEN ALWAYS SHOWS UP FOR THE PLAYOFFS QUIT BITCHING"

"LOL DUDE IT ISNT THE 80S ANYMORE WHO NEEDS GRIT"

"LOL DUDE Z AND DATS ARE ENOUGH OFFENSE TO CARRY US"

"LOL DUDE GO BE A FAN OF ANOTHER TEAM IF YOU DONT THINK WE CAN WIN IT ALL THIS YEAR"

"LOL DUDE WE GOT QUINCEY AT THE DEADLINE, QUIT BITCHING THAT WE DIDNT IMPROVE AT THE DEADLINE"

Yes!!! I think you and I got a lot of the same hate since the deadline. They are always so quick to neg and hate on you, but never like to eat the crow or a piece of humble pie...

1334976361[/url]' post='2294669']

Wouldn't have made a difference. We couldn't score a goal. Maybe the series goes 6 games at best. We just had no

When looking at all the teams in the playoffs this year, the wings would have lost to any of them. Babcock is consistently outcoached. I agree that Franzen must be put in his place - 3rd or 4th line. If he could be traded, that would be best, for him and the team. In getting better players, they have to want to come here. After this year's fiasco, will they want to come? Will Suter want to give up what he's getting now? I hope Parise loves Dats enough to come here.