• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

WCQF Game 5 GDT : Red Wings 1 at Predators 2

Rate this topic

I hope Franzen enjoys the nice long rest he has earned.

His body must surely be exhausted, his arms especially from those clutch playoff goals he had.

Naw. If anything, his arm muscles have shriveled because of the Alligator Arms Thing.

I do understand the frustration and anger towards the coaching staff, ownership, and players, but jeez....

4 cups in 16 years, and the expectation is the same. Cup or bust. The fans have no tolerance for failure. It was frustrating, I agree. At the same time, this team has come back and competed every season. Kenny will make the right changes and this team will compete again next season.

+ I want to think you're right about Holland too. In spite of the salary cap thing.

I didn't really expect the question, so I'm not surprised nobody asked it, but I just wish somebody would ask Babcock, "This really isn't all that good of a team right now, is it?"

Now on to watching my tape of the 2002 WCF game 7 against the Aves - back when the Wings were good.

I wonder if the series would have gone differently if the Preds weren't able to cheat and add a player after the deadline. Probably not too much different, but who knows.

Has to be the post of the night. Dig a little deeper. You might find your gonads down there somewhere.

Babcock's post-game interview called attention to the lack of offensive depth. Being outspoken about it, I bet that Holland addresses it. We need to keep Franzen, he's still good for 25 goals a season. But due to his streakiness we can no longer RELY on him to get us out of a hole. Ergo, sign another big name and relegate Franzen to awesome secondary scoring.

Also it's clear we need someone who goes to the net, carrying the puck, rather than dropping it back to a trailer who loses it to the other team.

Wait....Come on guys, it's only December...

Babcock's post-game interview called attention to the lack of offensive depth. Being outspoken about it, I bet that Holland addresses it. We need to keep Franzen, he's still good for 25 goals a season. But due to his streakiness we can no longer RELY on him to get us out of a hole. Ergo, sign another big name and relegate Franzen to awesome secondary scoring.

Also it's clear we need someone who goes to the net, carrying the puck, rather than dropping it back to a trailer who loses it to the other team.

Franzen? Really? Awesome scoring?

God I hope he has played his last game as a Wing...yet, somehow I think he will be right back on Datsyuk's wing in October....

Preds took it to us for sure and won 4 games....but have to believe we had some injuries, ther was never a second gear for the majority of our team and even with all the 'excuses' we still had plenty of scoring chances to win this series and never tool adamtage of them:(

Oh my god, its actually getting worse... Your logic is baffling. So Datsyuk should have just gotten out of Franzen the sniper's way and its his fault the Wings didn't score?

I'd explain to you have Datsyuk being the only one who even skates on the line does not bode well, or maybe point out the fact that all series Datsyuk has seen hard minutes fighting for pucks along the boards against two or more Nashville players while his wingers are floating on the opposite faceoff dot, or at the very least show you Franzen's past two playoff performances compared to his top-line minutes and lucrative contract, but I can tell you've watched

the 2008 Stanley Cup DVD too recently, so I'll save my energy :rolleyes:

Datsyuk has been my favorite player for 5 years but the guy ha never been a difference maker in big games...the whole team floats that's their who style... No game plan just wing it... And he wins battles but he doesn't take the game in his own hands like a 7.5 million dollar player does. Regardless how everyone feels about #13 he played like a bigger Hudler... Which is cool and all but was never a difference maker any second he was on the ice

Sucks the season had to end like this.

Lidstrom, Do what is best for you and your family. You have serviced the red wings for longer than I have been alive. I've had the pleasure to watch you for 18 years now and hockey won't be the same without you in the winged wheel. I mean I guess the cliche "nothing lasts forever" really rings true.

Thanks for being there for us Captain Nick.

Getting bumped in round 1 did leave a few good notes for me personally..... I didnt puke due to being so nervous and I still have all my fingernails!

Lot of people are forgetting about Homer and all he's done.....most likely we saw his last game tonight!

I just thought they wanted it more. When I say they I'm talking about their organization as a whole, the guys on the ice, the guys behind the bench, and their GM. Hopefully this serves as a wake up call for our club. I know we can't win every year and normally we go out fighting. And even tho we lost I'm proud to call The Wings my team. This year was different. We went down like little *******, to f@cking Nashville. I trust Mr. Holland will make the right moves to ensure this never happens again. Next season can't start soon enough. I can't stand this taste in my mouth

Hats off to Nashville they played to their strengths, outplayed the Wings and flat out wanted it more.

To those Preds fans that came on here to talk hockey good luck the rest of the way.

Positives: no more stress

I'll be back for offseason talk once the playoffs are over, a lot of hockey to watch.

Ya I'm also hammered that's the only way I would ever have the balls to blame Datsyuk...I just have hard time time giving Franzen s*** when he was never a player that could carrey a team offensively and all of sudden he is expected to this year

Guest Crymson

+

Couldn't agree more. I can't remember the last time I've witnessed as much cynicism and idiotic hyperbole as I have on this board tonight. I'm embarrassed for some of you, even though I only know you by your usual reps.

And you know? It's NOT like the players AND coaches AND Holland don't feel like s*** right now too?

I still wish everybody a great summer. Peace out.

Agreed.

Our roster and team play has seriously degraded since 09. It has been apparent and hopefully now it is realized.

Howard can play good but I wish he could play better in the playoffs, not that he would have single handedly won us this series. As many of you guys have spoken, it seems like this team just doesn't play like it used to and that's a serious problem.

It's time to consider the future of our defensive core if Lids does hang up the skates as well as retooling our offense. We do need to shake it up and realize the some players just aren't cutting it. Also it sends a message about what the expectations are of this team... I don't like how comfortable some players have become with a lack of production and how mediocre play is acceptable on this team.

TL;DR : just another post agreeing that changes need to happen to boost this teams roster and its on ice play/attitude.

Wait....Come on guys, it's only December...

Franzen? Really? Awesome scoring?

God I hope he has played his last game as a Wing...yet, somehow I think he will be right back on Datsyuk's wing in October....

If you don't think a player capable of 30 (or close to it) goals isn't awesome secondary scoring (secondary being the key word you chose to omit in bold), I don't know what to tell you.

It was hard watching that in person. I had a feeling this was going to be the outcome, and unfortunately I was right.

So now I'm drunk in my hotel room, wondering what the off-season will bring.